PDA

View Full Version : Takeo not happy in Buffalo?

RedEyE
08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I work in the satellite industry and affliates all over the country call the company that I work for satellite access. Well, although I live in Atlanta, I have the lucky opportunity to bring up WKBW on a daily basis for the Bills Training Camp report.

One of the best things about what I do, (other than access to nearly every college and pro game each weekend) is that I get to see the behind the scenes of each access.

While all of you get an edited version on your television, I get the full monty between commercials and before and after every live footage.

So anyway, today like everyday I access WKBW and they are preparing an interview with TKO. The scrawny white interviewer (name unknown) asks Takeo just prior to going live, "Thanks for doing this Takeo. So, are you having fun in Buffalo now. I know that you weren't having fun 2 years ago."

Takeo responds first by shaking his head no. He then goes on telling this reporter. "I like what I do. For that I'll do it just about anywhere. But if we aint winning, I'm not having fun."

The reporter went on.." but the people and the fans of Buffalo love Takeo. They love the way he plays, they love the way he dances...etc."

Takeo just continued to shake his head no...

His demeanor was sullen, and non expressive.

When the actual interview took place, he spat out the same ol' same ol' cliche answers.

I got a strong impression from this that Takeo will not be staying in Buffalo if the Bills don't start winning. And really, why would he? He's one of the best in the league, if not arguably the best, and left lousey Cincy for Buffalo's winning ways. Since he's been here, it's been nearly identical to what he experienced with the Bengals.

So, what do you guys think?

Schobel94
08-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Nobody's happy when they're not winning, if he said the opposite I would be horrified. No one should be happy playing for a losing team. From what you said it didn't sound like he wasn't happy playing in Buffalo, just that he wasn't happy about losing. Understandable, guys never been to the playoffs once. That will change this year.

Devin
08-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Kinda dissapointing to hear since I view him as the team leader. I reckon understandable but still tough to hear.

camelcowboy
08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I agree with TKO, If thats him being honest then thats great. Shows me wining is number 1 in his mind. I want my defensive leader not be to complacent.

Schobel94
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM
It's actually not disappointing to me, it's encouraging. With all these players like TO just out to make an extra dollar, holding out, whining whatever, its good to see a guy who just wants to win, and will not be satisifed or happy until he does. Good things for the Defense and the team this year, very good things...

Hammertime
08-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Actually, i don't mind honesty. I think its healthy.

I wouldn't have bought "Oh, yes, I just love Buffalo! I love when fat drunk mustached men yell at me, outside, in January. Its peachy!"

He probably should have because, well, someone is always watching...

camelcowboy
08-18-2005, 06:12 PM
It's actually not disappointing to me, it's encouraging. With all these players like TO just out to make an extra dollar, holding out, whining whatever, its good to see a guy who just wants to win, and will not be satisifed or happy until he does. Good things for the Defense and the team this year, very good things...
Yep i agree, I'll take him not happy, because he's not winning over him *****ing over money. I wish more players would take this view point. Us Bills fans are taking this too personal. Him not being happy isn't a reflection on us, its just a reflection of the teams play over the last couple years. Maybe it will rub off on other players. Even if he is not happy, he's handling it with class. What else can we ask for.

RedEyE
08-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Nobody's happy when they're not winning, if he said the opposite I would be horrified. No one should be happy playing for a losing team. From what you said it didn't sound like he wasn't happy playing in Buffalo, just that he wasn't happy about losing. Understandable, guys never been to the playoffs once. That will change this year.I agree with that 100%.

However, you would have had to seen his expression to fully appreciate what I'm telling you. He didn't seem happy at all, or excited. I would have expected a player this early in the season to be pumped for the upcoming year. He didn't seem to be. Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Maybe it was a long day, maybe he wasn't feeling up to snuff, or perhaps he was thinking about something else. Whatever was going on in his mind at that particular time he wasn't responding positively. When they went on the air it's like he was a different guy.

RedEyE
08-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree with TKO, If thats him being honest then thats great. Shows me wining is number 1 in his mind. I want my defensive leader not be to complacent.This is a great point.

The Seahag
08-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Understandable, guys never been to the playoffs once.

Spikes is one of the league's true wildmen. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he does when he gets to play in his first postseason game. I just hope the Bills staff has the good sense to medicate him so he doesn't kill anybody in warm-ups.

As for the interview, p'shaw. He shouldn't be happy cuz he ain't got nothing to be happy about right now. His last ballgame ended up being probably the worst single day of his career (not counting the day he got drafted by Mike Brown). He's just help keeping the locker room on edge and we'll be seeing the benefits of that soon.
Real soon.

camelcowboy
08-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree with that 100%.

However, you would have had to seen his expression to fully appreciate what I'm telling you. He didn't seem happy at all, or excited. I would have expected a player this early in the season to be pumped for the upcoming year. He didn't seem to be. Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Maybe it was a long day, maybe he wasn't feeling up to snuff, or perhaps he was thinking about something else. Whatever was going on in his mind at that particular time he wasn't responding positively. When they went on the air it's like he was a different guy.
yeah, but we know which man will be showing up on sept 11th. He has to much pride to sulk, or to not put 100% into his game.

Philagape
08-18-2005, 06:50 PM
If he plays like he did last year while unhappy, I'd love to see how he plays when he's happy :drool:

MarvLevy
08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
I work in the satellite industry and affliates all over the country call the company that I work for satellite access. Well, although I live in Atlanta, I have the lucky opportunity to bring up WKBW on a daily basis for the Bills Training Camp report.

One of the best things about what I do, (other than access to nearly every college and pro game each weekend) is that I get to see the behind the scenes of each access.

While all of you get an edited version on your television, I get the full monty between commercials and before and after every live footage.

So anyway, today like everyday I access WKBW and they are preparing an interview with TKO. The scrawny white interviewer (name unknown) asks Takeo just prior to going live, "Thanks for doing this Takeo. So, are you having fun in Buffalo now. I know that you weren't having fun 2 years ago."

Takeo responds first by shaking his head no. He then goes on telling this reporter. "I like what I do. For that I'll do it just about anywhere. But if we aint winning, I'm not having fun."

The reporter went on.." but the people and the fans of Buffalo love Takeo. They love the way he plays, they love the way he dances...etc."

When the actual interview took place, he spat out the same ol' same ol' cliche answers.

I got a strong impression from this that Takeo will not be staying in Buffalo if the Bills don't start winning. And really, why would he? He's one of the best in the league, if not arguably the best, and left lousey Cincy for Buffalo's winning ways. Since he's been here, it's been nearly identical to what he experienced with the Bengals.

IDENTICAL? U KIDDING ME?

RedEyE
08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
IDENTICAL? U KIDDING ME?
Out of all that, you find it necessary to comment on one word...in caps?

Meathead
08-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Great story.

It would be fascinating to know what he honestly thinks about dumping Bledsoe and starting Losman. Or for that matter, what he thinks of Holcomb versus JP.

I mean, as maddening as Bledsoe was too often last year, he's still a solid veteran who would likely be a lot more reliable than a very green Losman in the really tough crunch games leading up and into the playoffs. Not that Drew wasn’t terrible in that season ending meltdown last year, but to a veteran like TKO he might have preferred a guy who has been there before to one that has only three more NFL completions that all of us.

I guess we’ll never know.

Meathead
08-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I wonder if that's why we heard about the Simon for TKO rumor? Maybe TD was floating the idea to make TKO think he was trying to accomodate a private request to be traded to a strong SB contender if possible. Hmmm.

Novacane
08-18-2005, 09:39 PM
So Losman is green and Bleadsoe "would likely be a lot more reliable" but you'd have no problem with Crowell who's never done jack either stepping in for Spikes :rolleyes:

At least Losman can suck and still equal Dreadsoes performance of last year. Anyone else think Crowell is going to replace a pro-bowler? :lmao:

The Seahag
08-18-2005, 10:15 PM
(Bledsoe's)... still a solid veteran who would likely be a lot more reliable..... in the really tough crunch games leading up and into the playoffs.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Please tell us about all the times in the last 10 years that Drew was anything but awful in a "really tough crunch games leading up and into the playoffs".

LifetimeBillsFan
08-19-2005, 02:03 AM
I don't have a problem with it either.

TKO came to the Bills because he was tired of losing in Cincy and saw an opportunity to finally get to the playoffs with a Bills team that looked to be on the rise with Bledsoe--who, after all, had been to two SBs--leading the offense. Unfortunately, Bledsoe's game continued to deteriorate and the Bills are now starting out with a young QB this season. And, on a day when he watches the kid struggle in practice, it is certainly understandable if TKO and some of the other vets on the D look at him and wonder if they are ever really going to have a chance to win in Buffalo before their careers are over or on the downside. It's only human to think that way. Being a LB (the definition of which is agile, mobile and hostile), it is not entirely surprising that TKO might express his frustration in such a manner.

The only problem that I might have with what TKO said is that if he and his mates on the defense had played a well as they could have and should have against Pittsburgh's second stringers in the last game last season, the Bills would have made the playoffs for the first time in his career. And, I point to this game because it was the Steelers' running game--which LBs like TKO are responsible for containing--that gashed the Bills defense and determined the outcome of that game as much as anything. Good season or not, TKO has to take some responsibility for the defense not stepping up when their season was on the line. And, if he's unhappy, that's what I think he should be most unhappy about.

vicmantak
08-19-2005, 04:14 AM
LifeTime,
Great post! This is exactly my thoughts and it's really understandable why TKO is unhappy in Buffalo.
As you mentioned before, he watches for his third time a kid struggling in practice as the leader of the Offense... but unfortunately he also watches an offensive team that is way behind to be considered RESPECTABLE (a play-off caliber offense).
On the other hand, it makes sense that he is also exhausted to see how this FO's struggled and is still struggling to get or resign reliable players...

Bill Brasky
08-19-2005, 06:23 AM

So, what do you guys think? 1) Where do you work, Crawford Comm?

I don't mind working in the satellite industry, but one of the best things is getting feeds/shows before everybody else watches them. The best are when we do live boxing or WWE Raw and the morons are always talking before they take the feeds... last week they were picking on some announcer from the UFC cuz they said his hair looked "gay".

2) I feel his pain. I played on some ****ty teams, teams that didn't win a single game for 2 full seasons... you play football to have fun, and it is everything but that when you're never the one that wins, esp when you know you have talent that is just going to waste.

Tatonka
08-19-2005, 08:54 AM
when i met TKO at the atlanta airport.. his face was made of stone.. he showed no expression at any point.. i think he is just like that off the field.. and on the field he is a madman that puts on a show.

Mike13
08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I agree with TKO, If thats him being honest then thats great. Shows me wining is number 1 in his mind. I want my defensive leader not be to complacent.
Yeah its better to be honest, then to lie about sonmething that frustrates you.

X-Era
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM

Monumental waste of a post!!!

Takeo is a warrior who wants to win.

Do you want it different? You want some guy losing with a big smile on his face? See Alex Van Pelt!!!

There was absolutely ZERO in that exchange that told me he wants to leave. He will stay for many years to come.

Nice try to make waves where there are none though.

RedEyE
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
1) Where do you work, Crawford Comm?

I don't mind working in the satellite industry, but one of the best things is getting feeds/shows before everybody else watches them. The best are when we do live boxing or WWE Raw and the morons are always talking before they take the feeds... last week they were picking on some announcer from the UFC cuz they said his hair looked "gay".

2) I feel his pain. I played on some ****ty teams, teams that didn't win a single game for 2 full seasons... you play football to have fun, and it is everything but that when you're never the one that wins, esp when you know you have talent that is just going to waste.
PanAmSat

RedEyE
08-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Monumental waste of a post!!!

Takeo is a warrior who wants to win.

Do you want it different? You want some guy losing with a big smile on his face? See Alex Van Pelt!!!

There was absolutely ZERO in that exchange that told me he wants to leave. He will stay for many years to come.

Nice try to make waves where there are none though.Thanks for that Pulitzer winning response.

Oh, by the way, you have no F'n idea what the F you're talking about.

For your information I wasn't trying to stir ****, nor "cause waves". As a fan of the team I was delivering information to other fans.

It takes a real moron to take what I wrote out of context. Congratualtions!!

The_Philster
08-19-2005, 05:26 PM
No need to bash AVP :down: The guy learned about winning from Jim Kelly

MarvLevy
08-20-2005, 01:06 AM
KILL THIS POST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northern Stampede
08-20-2005, 02:35 AM
[QUOTE=The Seahag]Spikes is one of the league's true wildmen. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he does when he gets to play in his first postseason game. I just hope the Bills staff has the good sense to medicate him so he doesn't kill anybody in warm-ups.

RIGHT ON!!!! I totally agree with that, and man, THIS is the year it will happen, I think everyone is a little bit jittery about how JP is going to play this year, and understandably so.. But from all the camp reports, it sounds like he is progressing well.. In all the articles I've read about him, the kid wants to succeed, I think everyones true aspirations for this season are going to rest on his playing, and I think the players feel the same way too, ala Spikes, but he knows as well that we have the best damned Defence in the league, and I think an ofense on a total upswing.. So I don't blame Spikes for reacting that way.
He wants to win, and that's that... And like Seahag said, I cannot wait to see him go absolutely postal in the playoffs..... This year......

imbondz
08-20-2005, 09:10 AM
I can't believe you hate Takeo Redeye. geez.

Kelly The Dog
08-20-2005, 10:02 AM
It's hard to tell what a guy thinks from one interview. Think of yourself at work, are there not days when you are happy as hell and think this is awesome and days when you want to bite people's faces off? You never know what happened to a player that day that makes them in a good mood or a bad mood.

Also, I, too, didn't think he was bashing Buffalo or the team. I think if the question was, "Do you like the city?", or "Do you like your coaches and teammates?" or "Would you rather win here in Buffalo or someplace else?", his answer may have been different. I like the fact that he hates losing, and I am sure a guy like that looks back and wonders if he made the right decision. I'm sure Milloy does it. That doesn't mean they don't like where they are, or want to get out of Dodge though.

Night Train
08-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Excellent post. He's happy here but wanted to make a point. I've seen him interact with the fans and he's great with the kids. TD hit a home run when he signed this guy. Worth every penny.