PDA

View Full Version : While Watching NO at NE Tonight...

helmetguy
08-18-2005, 08:41 PM
It seems to me that, the best way to do damage to NE's defense is to run draws and play fakes. I mean, if an offense led by Aaron Brooks can move the ball on NE...

Think Mularkey and Co. are watching?

Thoughts?

Crisis
08-18-2005, 08:42 PM
How did NE do in preseason last year?

Typ0
08-18-2005, 08:50 PM
we have a good shot at sweeping NE this season...their run defense is very suspect this season and we have a good running game.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-18-2005, 08:54 PM
we have a good shot at sweeping NE this season...their run defense is very suspect this season and we have a good running game.
I've been watching and NE's starting D looks soft up the middle. Thier secondary also seems to be suspect. With that said, I just watched Flutie engineer a 50 something yard drive for a TD in 3 plays. The place went ballistic for the old, little man.

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 08:55 PM
you cannot judge ANYTHING about NE by the preseason games... didn't they go 0-4 last preseason, or was it the preseason before that? they aren't really playing their starters, and they are just experimenting.

that said, their run defense WILL be slightly suspect this year as they lost Bruschi and one of their cog DTs.

They're defeatable - even the lowly dolphins proved that last year. You just have to either A) catch them sleeping, or B) hope Brady has a bad day.

FlyingDutchman
08-18-2005, 09:51 PM
you cannot judge ANYTHING about NE by the preseason games... didn't they go 0-4 last preseason, or was it the preseason before that? they aren't really playing their starters, and they are just experimenting.

that said, their run defense WILL be slightly suspect this year as they lost Bruschi and one of their cog DTs.

They're defeatable - even the lowly dolphins proved that last year. You just have to either A) catch them sleeping, or B) hope Brady has a bad day.
I bet the Dolphins that game and everyone thought I was crazy!:dance:

texasphinsfan
08-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I bet the Dolphins that game and everyone thought I was crazy!:dance:
even though i am a HUGE dolphins fan, i don't know why on EARTH you would have done that.

but think, if you had bet big on the fins that game, with the vegas odds you would be a rich man right now lol...

bledslow
08-18-2005, 11:58 PM

vanilla defense- buffalo has no shot what-so-ever at sweeping n.e. and mr 3.97 ypc slow as a turtle willis mcgahee is a mediorce back.

n.e also had some ppl missing on both sides of the ball tonight vrable,warren,green, ect.

Mr. Cynical
08-19-2005, 12:39 AM
mr 3.97 ypc slow as a turtle willis mcgahee is a mediorce back.Welcome to the Zero Credibility Club.

:welcome:

Tinboy
08-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Don't to much at the preseason stats. NE have a slightly worse team this year but still a very good team. I just hope we beat them this year.

Throne Logic
08-19-2005, 01:11 AM
It seems to me that, the best way to do damage to NE's defense is to run draws and play fakes. I mean, if an offense led by Aaron Brooks can move the ball on NE...

Think Mularkey and Co. are watching?

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I don't put any credence into what BB has his team doing in the preseason.

We'll be hard-pressed to beat them twice. I'll be very happy if we can split with them. They have a fully healed Colvin to step in at LB. He will probably be an upgrade, dammit. Don't forget, it's not the personnel that Bill B. puts on the field so much as the system and the schemes he and his assistant coaches design. I'm more focused on the effects of losing both OC and DC versus any specific players. I mean, really, look who played DB for them last year. . . I'd argue that they are the deepest team in the league, if not based on shear talent, then based on interchangable parts. They are still the team to beat in the NFL. If you doubt that, just give good 'ole MVP SuperQB Payton Manning a call . . .

jmb1099
08-19-2005, 08:39 AM
vanilla defense- buffalo has no shot what-so-ever at sweeping n.e. and mr 3.97 ypc slow as a turtle willis mcgahee is a mediorce back.

n.e also had some ppl missing on both sides of the ball tonight vrable,warren,green, ect.

I respect everything the pats have accomplished over the last few years, I hate them, but I respect them. But this is the year it starts to crumble, too many key player losses, too many staff departures, too much, especially all at one time...you will not be the team you have been for the last few years.

Finally to make statements like you did in this post...sad...just sad. We will split with NE and our "slow" running game will keep your offense off the field.
When you finally do manage to get the ball our defense will punish you and you'll live in fear every fourth down not knowing if Bobby April has told our special teams unit to block or return.

casdhf
08-19-2005, 08:57 AM
**** THE PATS

helmetguy
08-19-2005, 09:19 AM
It was just an observation that, as in previous seasons, NE was still showing a penchant to over-pursue on defense. Buffalo now has the offensive tools to take advantage of that-including the athletic abilities of the new, young QB. It's worth consideration, wouldn't you think?

Pride
08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I hope we split with them in the regular season.. because it is VERY hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 year... and I am expecting to play them in the playoffs!

My guess is we win at home and lose on the road... hopefully the playoff game would be at the ralph.

no way we sweep them!

obi wan
08-19-2005, 10:07 AM
I think i posted something similar to this thread last year after watching their first preseason game. I said they were getting eaten up in the middle and that if we pound them in the middle they would be done. We all know I was wrong. But i hope this year it does come true. F the Pats!!! Their time is done!

ublinkwescore
08-19-2005, 10:43 AM
**** THE PATS

Best post ever.

Ickybaluky
08-19-2005, 01:13 PM
I think they look ahead of where they were a year ago, especially considering they got creamed 31-3 by Cincinnati after their 2nd preseason game of 2004.

The Pats are going to be real strong on offense and improved on ST. Their DL and secondary are going to be a lot better and deeper. They have a bunch of players that can rush the passer.

The real question they have is stopping the run after the losses of Bruschi and Johnson inside. Of course, this is the same question they had a year ago, when everyone was wondering how they were going to make up for the loss of Ted Washington. However, they struggled against the run in preseason.

I'm actually pretty pleased with this preseason, the team looks deeper and improved in a lot of areas and they haven't had as many major injuries. They have a bunch of guys sitting out with injuries, but none are serious enough that they will miss the season (other than Chad Morton and Bethel Johnson, who are both still on the PUP and could start the season there).

There is only one thing that matters in preseason, and that is staying as healthy as possible. Nothing else means anything. In that area, the Pats are doing better than the last couple seasons.

I think this Pats team has the chance to be the best Belichick-coached team yet. They are better and deeper almost everywhere, with only one question to be answered (ILB).

Crisis
08-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Well I guess mr 3.8 ypc slow as a turtle Jerome Bettis is a mediocre back too. Didn't stop him from torching NE.

texasphinsfan
08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
i'm just flat-out tired of the Patriots dominating the AFC East. I don't care if they to the superbowl again and win, just as long as the jets, bills, and dolphins all beat them at least once.

colin
08-19-2005, 08:44 PM
i think the pats will get run on a bit, jets too.

we are gonna make some people do a double take this year