• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helmetguy
    Touch the helmet for luck
    • Sep 2002

While Watching NO at NE Tonight...

It seems to me that, the best way to do damage to NE's defense is to run draws and play fakes. I mean, if an offense led by Aaron Brooks can move the ball on NE...

Think Mularkey and Co. are watching?

Thoughts?
    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: While Watching NO at NE Tonight...

How did NE do in preseason last year?
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

we have a good shot at sweeping NE this season...their run defense is very suspect this season and we have a good running game.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
        we have a good shot at sweeping NE this season...their run defense is very suspect this season and we have a good running game.
        I've been watching and NE's starting D looks soft up the middle. Thier secondary also seems to be suspect. With that said, I just watched Flutie engineer a 50 something yard drive for a TD in 3 plays. The place went ballistic for the old, little man.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• texasphinsfan
          • Mar 2004

you cannot judge ANYTHING about NE by the preseason games... didn't they go 0-4 last preseason, or was it the preseason before that? they aren't really playing their starters, and they are just experimenting.

that said, their run defense WILL be slightly suspect this year as they lost Bruschi and one of their cog DTs.

They're defeatable - even the lowly dolphins proved that last year. You just have to either A) catch them sleeping, or B) hope Brady has a bad day.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by texasphinsfan
            you cannot judge ANYTHING about NE by the preseason games... didn't they go 0-4 last preseason, or was it the preseason before that? they aren't really playing their starters, and they are just experimenting.

that said, their run defense WILL be slightly suspect this year as they lost Bruschi and one of their cog DTs.

They're defeatable - even the lowly dolphins proved that last year. You just have to either A) catch them sleeping, or B) hope Brady has a bad day.
            I bet the Dolphins that game and everyone thought I was crazy!

Comment

• texasphinsfan
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
              I bet the Dolphins that game and everyone thought I was crazy!
              even though i am a HUGE dolphins fan, i don't know why on EARTH you would have done that.

but think, if you had bet big on the fins that game, with the vegas odds you would be a rich man right now lol...

Comment

• bledslow
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Typ0

vanilla defense- buffalo has no shot what-so-ever at sweeping n.e. and mr 3.97 ypc slow as a turtle willis mcgahee is a mediorce back.

n.e also had some ppl missing on both sides of the ball tonight vrable,warren,green, ect.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by bledslow
                  mr 3.97 ypc slow as a turtle willis mcgahee is a mediorce back.
                  Welcome to the Zero Credibility Club.

Comment

• Tinboy
                    • Aug 2004

Don't to much at the preseason stats. NE have a slightly worse team this year but still a very good team. I just hope we beat them this year.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                      Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                      It seems to me that, the best way to do damage to NE's defense is to run draws and play fakes. I mean, if an offense led by Aaron Brooks can move the ball on NE...

Think Mularkey and Co. are watching?

Thoughts?
                      Unfortunately, I don't put any credence into what BB has his team doing in the preseason.

We'll be hard-pressed to beat them twice. I'll be very happy if we can split with them. They have a fully healed Colvin to step in at LB. He will probably be an upgrade, dammit. Don't forget, it's not the personnel that Bill B. puts on the field so much as the system and the schemes he and his assistant coaches design. I'm more focused on the effects of losing both OC and DC versus any specific players. I mean, really, look who played DB for them last year. . . I'd argue that they are the deepest team in the league, if not based on shear talent, then based on interchangable parts. They are still the team to beat in the NFL. If you doubt that, just give good 'ole MVP SuperQB Payton Manning a call . . .
                      Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• jmb1099
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bledslow
                        vanilla defense- buffalo has no shot what-so-ever at sweeping n.e. and mr 3.97 ypc slow as a turtle willis mcgahee is a mediorce back.

n.e also had some ppl missing on both sides of the ball tonight vrable,warren,green, ect.
                        I respect everything the pats have accomplished over the last few years, I hate them, but I respect them. But this is the year it starts to crumble, too many key player losses, too many staff departures, too much, especially all at one time...you will not be the team you have been for the last few years.

Finally to make statements like you did in this post...sad...just sad. We will split with NE and our "slow" running game will keep your offense off the field.
                        When you finally do manage to get the ball our defense will punish you and you'll live in fear every fourth down not knowing if Bobby April has told our special teams unit to block or return.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

**** THE PATS
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

It was just an observation that, as in previous seasons, NE was still showing a penchant to over-pursue on defense. Buffalo now has the offensive tools to take advantage of that-including the athletic abilities of the new, young QB. It's worth consideration, wouldn't you think?
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Pride
                              • Jul 2002

I hope we split with them in the regular season.. because it is VERY hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 year... and I am expecting to play them in the playoffs!

My guess is we win at home and lose on the road... hopefully the playoff game would be at the ralph.

no way we sweep them!

Comment

Working...
                              X