PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Suprised Moss is a Pot Head?

casdhf
08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
I can't say that I am http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2137525

I dunno which I'd rather have, TO or Moss? I think I'll take Tory Holt over both.

Mr. Miyagi
08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Where's the surprise? When he ran over the traffic cop with his vehicle last year (?), they found pot in his car.

CanaanVtBills
08-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Honestly it should never be a surprise when news like this comes out. I'm sure a huge portion of players puff the magic dragon.

It's a damn shame to because with my working with kids they think pot isn't bad I've even heard some say they don't consider it a drug. They think they can excell in sports due to seeing or reading who does it.

Hey I'm no holy roller here, and I'll admit to smokin actually quite a lot of pot in my high school days. Crap I don't recall excelling in much being high, but eating and veggin out in front of TV

The media, congress whoever needs to think about the actions they are performing when they publish these things. It's glorified

camelcowboy
08-19-2005, 10:30 AM
No im shocked, Shocked the moron hasn't been caught by NFL yet.

casdhf
08-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I bet he gets "randomly" selected sometime.

Hammertime
08-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Honestly it should never be a surprise when news like this comes out. I'm sure a huge portion of players puff the magic dragon.

It's a damn shame to because with my working with kids they think pot isn't bad I've even heard some say they don't consider it a drug. They think they can excell in sports due to seeing or reading who does it.

Hey I'm no holy roller here, and I'll admit to smokin actually quite a lot of pot in my high school days. Crap I don't recall excelling in much being high, but eating and veggin out in front of TV

The media, congress whoever needs to think about the actions they are performing when they publish these things. It's glorified
Pot is not bad.

Kids should not smoke it. Kids should not drink. Adults should be allowed to burn to their hearts content. Even Randy Moss. If he smoked before a game - it would show. But at home, who cares.

Tatonka
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
i would take randy moss in a heartbeat.. he will go down as the best receiver to ever play the game..

Bulldog
08-19-2005, 11:21 AM
i would take randy moss in a heartbeat.. he will go down as the best receiver to ever play the game..

I disagree. Moss will go down as the most talented WR to ever play the game, not the best. There is a difference. Moss's legacy will be that while he was a WR with tremendous talent, he was never able to maximize his potential. As scary as Moss has been at times, and I meant that as a compliment, he's only scratched the surface. I think he's that talented. It's rare to find an athlete with the talent that Moss has and an incredible desire to be the best.

casdhf
08-19-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah, I don't see him playing that much longer, I think once the bank is full, he's done. He won't play for a 1 year deal for 1 mill

NJFINSFAN1
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm not surprised he does it! I'm surprised the dope says he does it!!

Just when he is getting out of that shadow (big thanks to T.O.) he opens his mouth!

I just don't get it!

madness
08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
I saw something on SC this morning that Moss said he was taken out of context. He was talking about his early years. His agent also blasted HBO saying they misquoted Moss because they are going down hill and need the attention. HBO failed to respond to his agent's comments.

I believe it. Damn press will do whatever it needs to create stir. Moss has been in the "program" earlier in his career. I don't think he's going to paint a big bullseye on his forehead.

NJFINSFAN1
08-19-2005, 12:09 PM
I saw something on SC this morning that Moss said he was taken out of context. He was talking about his early years. His agent also blasted HBO saying they misquoted Moss because they are going down hill and need the attention. HBO failed to respond to his agent's comments.

I believe it. Damn press will do whatever it needs to create stir. Moss has been in the "program" earlier in his career. I don't think he's going to paint a big bullseye on his forehead.
He did say and I quote, (like I say, I have used Marijuana in the past. And Every blue moon or every once in a while I might)

Sounds like he does?

Stewie
08-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Who cares what he does? Anyone who drinks and says Moss sets a bad example is a hypocrite.

Static
08-19-2005, 12:18 PM
I guess Moss felt T.O. was taking all the spotlight so he better say something to get some of it back

madness
08-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Exactly PaulB.

Any person that makes more money than the avg. man and does or says something "unholy" is always labeled a troublemaker by the press. Then everybody is all of a sudden :shocked: , while they are drinking their beer, smoking their weed, letting their children run wild, etc.

:shakeno:

Bulldog
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Who cares what he does? Anyone who drinks and says Moss sets a bad example is a hypocrite.

Last time I checked, consuming alcohol, after turning 21 years of age, is legal. Thats the difference.

casdhf
08-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Dumbest post of the year.

Tatonka
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
look at the first 8 years of any wr in history.. moss has better numbers.

he is the most talented.. and i think when it is done.. the record books will say he was the best.

Crisis
08-19-2005, 01:13 PM
look at the first 8 years of any wr in history.. moss has better numbers.

he is the most talented.. and i think when it is done.. the record books will say he was the best. Moss is the most talented but he's a huge pussy. If Moss had the heart that someone like Hines Ward had he'd easily be the best ever. But he doesn't.

madness
08-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Moss is the most talented but he's a huge pussy. If Moss had the heart that someone like Hines Ward had he'd easily be the best ever. But he doesn't.
I don't think those huge shiny things in his ears are his heart. Heart would have him reporting to training camp on time regardless of money.

Yes, Moss would easily go down as the best receiver in history if he had heart. Even without it Moss may still go down as the best.

Stewie
08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Last time I checked, consuming alcohol, after turning 21 years of age, is legal. Thats the difference.

Just because alcohol is a legal drug doesn't make anyone who uses it less of a hypocrite if they bad mouth people who prefer other drugs. A drug is a drug is a drug.

Crisis
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't think those huge shiny things in his ears are his heart. Heart would have him reporting to training camp on time regardless of money.

Yes, Moss would easily go down as the best receiver in history if he had heart. Even without it Moss may still go down as the best.
Hines Ward handled a contract dispute the way it's supposed to be handled.

He wanted to STAY on the team, they promised him a long-term deal and they didn't deliver. He held out for a little bit but ended up reporting anyway. He didn't attract the media like TO did.

casdhf
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
That's ******ed. How is doing something legal just the same as doing something illegal, which is banned by the league he plays for?

madness
08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Let's not turn this into a pot smokers vs. "righteous" beer drinkers/cig. smokers thread.

Moss did nothing wrong. He didn't sign any confession, he just opened up his big mouth.

I can say I like to rob banks in my spare time, but until I get caught nobody can do a damn thing about it. I wouldn't say something like that unless I was pretty stupid.

So if anything, this whole mess just makes Moss and his agent look stupid. They were probably looking for some positive publicity and it back fired on them thanks to Moss's big mouth and the boys @ HBO.

NJFINSFAN1
08-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Let's not turn this into a pot smokers vs. "righteous" beer drinkers/cig. smokers thread.

Moss did nothing wrong. He didn't sign any confession, he just opened up his big mouth.

I can say I like to rob banks in my spare time, but until I get caught nobody can do a damn thing about it. I wouldn't say something like that unless I was pretty stupid.

So if anything, this whole mess just makes Moss and his agent look stupid. They were probably looking for some positive publicity and it back fired on them thanks to Moss's big mouth and the boys @ HBO.
I agree with everything you said, except it is solely on Moss, he was asked a question, he said what he said.

madness
08-19-2005, 02:15 PM
I agree with everything you said, except it is solely on Moss, he was asked a question, he said what he said.
I thought that's what I kind of said. :idunno:

Mike13
08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Where's the surprise? When he ran over the traffic cop with his vehicle last year (?), they found pot in his car.
I thought it was coke they found.

Stewie
08-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Dumbest post of the year.

Explain?

Stewie
08-19-2005, 02:45 PM
That's ******ed. How is doing something legal just the same as doing something illegal, which is banned by the league he plays for?

Slavery was legal. Alcohol was illegal. Pot was legal.

Care to revise your statement?

casdhf
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
No, here and now, one is legal one isnt. It's that simple

Stewie
08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
No, here and now, one is legal one isnt. It's that simple

Ok. So if they made slavery legal tomorrow, you'd be okay with it.

I see your point, as misguided and naive as it is.

casdhf
08-19-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't care what your morals, or lack of are, the whole point is....

Randy Drinks: Does he get suspended? No.
Randy Smokes up: Does he get suspended? Yes.

Its that simple.

Stewie
08-19-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't care what your morals, or lack of are, the whole point is....

Randy Drinks: Does he get suspended? No.
Randy Smokes up: Does he get suspended? Yes.

Its that simple.

See, I can think for myself. I don't need my morals dictated by politicians who are far more interested in collecting taxes and getting re-elected than actually doing what's morally right.

Oh and what you just said isn't true. He's gotta get caught to get suspended. And it's pretty obvious he's been smoking and hasn't been suspended.

Topdog
08-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Randy Moss is Randy Moss, He likes to open his mouth and put his foot in it!

I'm a Vikings fan, and although, he could be the best thats ever played the game IMO, his actions make him at best a mediocre player, I, for one am glad hes gone. Hes oaklands problem child now!

Rest asured, he will pull another stunt before the years out!

casdhf
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
See, I can think for myself. I don't need my morals dictated by politicians who are far more interested in collecting taxes and getting re-elected than actually doing what's morally right.

Oh and what you just said isn't true. He's gotta get caught to get suspended. And it's pretty obvious he's been smoking and hasn't been suspended.
I don't care about your politics, maybe you should spend some time in the spin zone. Anyways, he doesnt need to get caught in the act, just fail a test.

venis2k1
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
weed should be legal, its not. life sucks, i dont write the rules, but we all got to play by them. so either join Norml or quit your *****ing.

Stoneludlow
08-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Now that Moss has opened his mouth bet the NFL tests him

Stewie
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't care about your politics, maybe you should spend some time in the spin zone. Anyways, he doesnt need to get caught in the act, just fail a test.

If you don't care about my politics, why did you start with me when I was writing drinkers' hypocracy?

And I didn't say he has to get "caught in the act," you did. I just said he has to be caught. Which he hasn't been. Yet.

lordofgun
08-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm surprised.

The_Philster
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Not in the least
Who cares what he does? Anyone who drinks and says Moss sets a bad example is a hypocrite.:roflmao:
Last time I checked, consuming alcohol, after turning 21 years of age, is legal. Thats the difference.:up: That and the fact that alcohol's effects are more short term from what I've heard

pleasesavedrew
08-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I met one of his college teamates and he told me moss did drugs.

Bill Brasky
08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Pot is not bad.

Kids should not smoke it. Kids should not drink. Adults should be allowed to burn to their hearts content. Even Randy Moss. If he smoked before a game - it would show. But at home, who cares. :bf1:

i would take randy moss in a heartbeat.. he will go down as the best receiver to ever play the game.. nobody will surpass Jerry Rice, and though I think Moss has more potential than Rice did, nobody will surpass Rice's records, work ethic... Rice was not born the most talented WR to ever live, but he worked hard enough to make himself the best.

BAM
08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
marijuana is not a drug

:hail: :smoke:

L.A. Playa
08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
marijuana is a plant, natural, God's gift to man

BAM
08-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Yep. Cocaine is a helluva drug, though.

http://www.eluid.org/news/rick-james.jpg

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Yep. Cocaine is a helluva drug, though.

http://www.eluid.org/news/rick-james.jpg
Comes from a plant, too. I learned that by watching a wonderful documentary about Pablo Escobar. Back in the 70's-80's the guy made so much money importing blow to the states that he offered to buy out the Columbian government's debt. They took just about every other offer he made except for that one.
Moss has obviously become jealous of all the attention that T.O. has been receiving recently. These two clowns are a perfect example of what's wrong with the league. Kid's should not drink, they should not smoke, but above all, they should not watch or listen to Randy Moss or Terrell Owens.

Stewie
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Not in the least:roflmao::up: That and the fact that alcohol's effects are more short term from what I've heard

Loss of brain cells, liver and kidney damage, alcoholism. All short term. :rolleyes:

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Loss of brain cells, liver and kidney damage, alcoholism. All short term. :rolleyes:
Your Avatar: Isn't that Barney enjoying some suds at Moe's? Just curious.

The_Philster
08-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Loss of brain cells, liver and kidney damage, alcoholism. All short term. :rolleyes:sure...if you use it in excess...used in moderation, it's actually good for the heart

Stewie
08-20-2005, 06:02 AM
Your Avatar: Isn't that Barney enjoying some suds at Moe's? Just curious.

Of course it is. Did I say I didn't drink? Did I say it's not a drug? Nope. All I did was point out the rediculousness of calling pot immoral and stupid while swigging a beer ;) It's american hypocrisy at it's finest.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Of course it is. Did I say I didn't drink? Did I say it's not a drug? Nope. All I did was point out the rediculousness of calling pot immoral and stupid while swigging a beer ;) It's american hypocrisy at it's finest.
I see nothing wrong with visiting Mary Jane once in a while. Or should I say "once in a Blue Moon". With that said, you must understand that there would be drastically many less people that consider pot to be "immoral" or "stupid" if IT WERE LEGAL!!! That's the big difference. Beer: Legal. Pot: Illegal. These hypocrites are simply jaded by American Law.

ddaryl
08-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I concur. You can even throw in nicotine and caffiene IMO. there all ways to catch a buzz, or feed an addicition.

I've seen best friends, brothers, sons and fathers fight and argue brutally after a dozen cocktails, but I have never seen anyone turn violent or unpredictable after smoking pot.

I've seen people puke their guts out for a 20 hours after a night of drinking. Hevay MJ users will develope a cough, but anything not done in moderation would cause some problem

the amout of time and money wasted by our gov persecuting adult marijuana users has made it easier for cocaine, heroine trafficing, and the upstart of a meth epidemic.

Yeah, its really smart to waste monetary resources persecuting non-violent offenders while extremetly hardcore physically addicting substances create more and more desperate addicts on our streets.

as for Randy Moss... Who cares, Darryl Strawberry on the otherhand is a good example of the difference between a person who uses MJ recreationally and someone who has a drug problem that needs major help

Hammertime
08-20-2005, 02:21 PM
...you must understand that there would be drastically many less people that consider pot to be "immoral" or "stupid" if IT WERE LEGAL!!! That's the big difference. Beer: Legal. Pot: Illegal. These hypocrites are simply jaded by American Law.
And they say you can't legislate morality.