PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feely Now?

jmb1099
08-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Dolphins Players Endorse Ferrotte! (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/08/19/a1b_fins_0819.html)

Barring a dreadful performance on the part of Ferrotte, it looks as if he will be the man. Bye Bye AJ!

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Dolphins Players Endorse Ferrotte! (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/08/19/a1b_fins_0819.html)

Barring a dreadful performance on the part of Ferrotte, it looks as if he will be the man. Bye Bye AJ!
wow. what a double-edged sword that is.

on the one hand it hasn't been since the Marino era we've had players actually rally around our QB... on the other hand it is Frerotte.

crap.

Mr. Miyagi
08-20-2005, 07:19 AM
I think the phins would've been better off with Fiedler than either of those chumps.

mysticsoto
08-20-2005, 09:20 AM
I think the phins would've been better off with Fiedler than either of those chumps.
Fielder was probably better for them, yes, but he was going to cost them too much for the level of performance he can do...

BleedinGreenNC
08-20-2005, 09:43 AM

Barring a dreadful performance on the part of Ferrotte, it looks as if he will be the man. Bye Bye AJ!It's about time that they came to their senses! AJ sucks!

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Fielder was probably better for them, yes, but he was going to cost them too much for the level of performance he can do...
see this is my belief, but i am a VERY rare species of finfan (that actually believes that).

Most finfans were so blinded by their hatred for his mediocrity, they didn't look at the bigger picture. They thought ANY change was better. Fiedler out-played AJ and yes, was released for exactly what you said mysticsoto - he was just making too much money for how he was performing. granted, he wanted to be paid like a starting QB because he WAS one, but the AJ experiment was going on.

The best part is, Fiedler has been performing GREAT this preseason, and has all of our QB's beaten in almost every statistical department.

I really wish we would have dumped feeley in the offseason and kept fiedler and had fiedler compete with frerotte and sage. hey, maybe one day we'll actually get another franchise QB!

feelthepain
08-20-2005, 12:23 PM
see this is my belief, but i am a VERY rare species of finfan (that actually believes that).

Most finfans were so blinded by their hatred for his mediocrity, they didn't look at the bigger picture. They thought ANY change was better. Fiedler out-played AJ and yes, was released for exactly what you said mysticsoto - he was just making too much money for how he was performing. granted, he wanted to be paid like a starting QB because he WAS one, but the AJ experiment was going on.

The best part is, Fiedler has been performing GREAT this preseason, and has all of our QB's beaten in almost every statistical department.

I really wish we would have dumped feeley in the offseason and kept fiedler and had fiedler compete with frerotte and sage. hey, maybe one day we'll actually get another franchise QB!Heres some stats on Fiedler- <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3><TD>VS. TENNESSEE</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>38.5</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>3.23</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

These were from Tenn last year he spent the whole preseason with the first team in camp and had four prior years of experience with this O and this was the kind of game we would get from our experienced veteran!! It's not hard to understand why J.Fiedler was no longer a hit with the fans or coaching staff. I'm sure If Saban wanted to keep Jay he would have restructerd his contract to remain a fin!! Needless to say, Saban didn't think so!!

Even a restructerd less expensive Jay was still not worth the time. I'd say that says all it needs to say about Jays abilitys. BTW, the 8 at the end of those stas was his QB rating for the game....not bad for a QB entering his 5th season with the same team huh??

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Heres some stats on Fiedler- <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3><TD>VS. TENNESSEE</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>38.5</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>3.23</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

These were from Tenn last year he spent the whole preseason with the first team in camp and had four prior years of experience with this O and this was the kind of game we would get from our experienced veteran!! It's not hard to understand why J.Fiedler was no longer a hit with the fans or coaching staff. I'm sure If Saban wanted to keep Jay he would have restructerd his contract to remain a fin!! Needless to say, Saban didn't think so!!

Even a restructerd less expensive Jay was still not worth the time. I'd say that says all it needs to say about Jays abilitys. BTW, the 8 at the end of those stas was his QB rating for the game....not bad for a QB entering his 5th season with the same team huh??
congrats, you picked the worst game of his career to point out. doesn't prove any points, Feeley's best game wasn't much better than Fiedler's worst.

shall we really compare stats? I think you'd be wise to not go there, considering you're an obvious AJ homer. Fiedler led us to back-to-back playoff seasons in '01 and '02... what has Feeley done?

and don't take credit away from Fiedler for those two years. If he had nothing to do with those great seasons, then he had nothing to do with that horrible team last year and those stats you pointed out.

mysticsoto
08-20-2005, 08:46 PM
congrats, you picked the worst game of his career to point out. doesn't prove any points, Feeley's best game wasn't much better than Fiedler's worst.

shall we really compare stats? I think you'd be wise to not go there, considering you're an obvious AJ homer. Fiedler led us to back-to-back playoff seasons in '01 and '02... what has Feeley done?

and don't take credit away from Fiedler for those two years. If he had nothing to do with those great seasons, then he had nothing to do with that horrible team last year and those stats you pointed out.
Why do you think that most fin fans besides yourself see Fiedler so badly? I mean, I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he was definitely better than Feeley...

Drive 4 Five
08-20-2005, 10:18 PM
:rofl:

2:fishy: fans going at it on a Bill's message board?

Captain Obvious
08-20-2005, 10:26 PM

Jay Fiedler took Miami to the playoffs in 2000 and 2001.

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:37 PM
ahh, thats right. off by one year, thanks for the correction.

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Why do you think that most fin fans besides yourself see Fiedler so badly? I mean, I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he was definitely better than Feeley...
i have NO idea.... fish fans tend to be the most fairweather fans out there. if you read finheaven right now it's full of "its the end of the world" threads.

Fiedler was a very competent QB. when you give him a good O-line, he produced (see 2000, 2001, and 2002). when you start to remove these elements, he becomes not as good. but this really holds true for ANY QB. the fin fans just like to place blame on fiedler because he's an easy scapegoat. PLUS he came right after marino. those are HUGE shoes to fill. the fans held him to too high of an expectation.

of course now, even now... they won't admit that we would like him back. they have too much pride in their opinions.

feelthepain
08-20-2005, 11:41 PM

Right, just like Trent Dilfer too the Ravens to the SB!!

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Right, just like Trent Dilfer too the Ravens to the SB!!
he also didn't COST the ravens the SB. just like Fiedler didn't cost us the playoffs in 2000 and 2001.

you have to keep your argument consistent.

mysticsoto
08-21-2005, 08:53 PM
he also didn't COST the ravens the SB. just like Fiedler didn't cost us the playoffs in 2000 and 2001.

you have to keep your argument consistent.
You're asking alot from a schizophrenic Homer.

Even if Pennington goes down as he tends to do often - and Fiedler does well with the Jets, I suspect it wouldn't matter to him - as you said...it's a pride thing.

Ultimately, this year, Fiedler may get the last laugh over the Dolphins. I doubt the Jets will have a worse season than them...unless they get many injuries.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 09:06 PM
You're asking alot from a schizophrenic Homer.

Even if Pennington goes down as he tends to do often - and Fiedler does well with the Jets, I suspect it wouldn't matter to him - as you said...it's a pride thing.

Ultimately, this year, Fiedler may get the last laugh over the Dolphins. I doubt the Jets will have a worse season than them...unless they get many injuries.
i posted it first! on finheaven the day Fiedler was picked up by the jets, everyone was laughing saying "haha stupid jets", when in reality, Fiedler is a HUGE upgrade to their backup QB situation. I said THAT DAY that when Penny-arm goes down (which he will do at some point), fiedler will step in and fill in admirably. I also predicted that during one of the games we play the jets this year, Fiedler will burn us for a TD.

you heard it from me first. (of course with that comment i didn't make any friends on finheaven).