PDA

View Full Version : F**K the NFL Network!!

ebill00
08-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Bas####s!! I'm on the west coast, and they don't have the BALLS to show the Bills kickin' the Packers ASS!!!! All I get is EFFEN Jaguars EFFEN summer and EFFEN Dolphin cheerleaders (although they are hot!!) When are the networks going to give us some love? As it is they are totally biased and I think they shoud be fined!!

ebill00
08-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Also it would be nice if they would show the programming they advertise!! I took off work last Tuesday to see the game against Indy and they showed something else!! They owe me half a day's pay!!

ublinkwescore
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
dude - relax - it's only preseason.

BTW, if you want to see all the Bills games, you should join me at either Maloney's or the Firehouse (I live in Atwater).

northernbillfan
08-20-2005, 07:54 PM
That is pissy of them to do that. Take them to court, and I'm serious. If you make good enough money it may worth suing them for it.

I'm a left coaster as well and this year decided to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. Now I'll never miss a Bills game.

However we here in Canada can't get the NFL Network...yet.

lordofgun
08-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Umm...the Bills/Indo game was scheduled for both Monday and Wednesday last week, not Tuesday.

The Spaz
08-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Umm the game is on in it's entirity 3:00am EST.:up:

ebill00
08-20-2005, 08:17 PM
UBLINK, sent you a email to your screen name. Not sure how it all works though. Now they're up 27-7? not a word about it on the "NETWORK"!! They suck!!

ublinkwescore
08-20-2005, 08:39 PM
that's not my email - send me a PM - try clicking on my screen name.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I guess the short fuse thing must be a California thing - something in the water out here - see L.A. Playa's frequent calling out of FBH as an example.

Mahdi
08-20-2005, 09:14 PM
That is pissy of them to do that. Take them to court, and I'm serious. If you make good enough money it may worth suing them for it.

I'm a left coaster as well and this year decided to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. Now I'll never miss a Bills game.

However we here in Canada can't get the NFL Network...yet.
I live in Ottawa and I have NFL network....

im4bflo
08-20-2005, 10:11 PM
dude - relax - it's only preseason.

BTW, if you want to see all the Bills games, you should join me at either Maloney's or the Firehouse (I live in Atwater).
Or if you're in Southern CA, there's a BILLS bar in Costa Mesa, Pasadena, and one I'm going to this year in Pamona.
If you're interested in any of these, I'll send more info.
And I just got the NFL Network, it sucks for live games, and since it's connected to ESPN, who don't give us any love, it's one step better than NOTHING! Games are shown later, and during work hours, that's the hell we out of towners have to live with. Reading about these guys getting ready for a soldout preseason tailgater, was killing me!
GO BILLS!!!

ublinkwescore
08-20-2005, 11:44 PM
he lives one town over from me - not quite worth driving all the way down to L.A. every weekend to see the Bills play at a Bills bar - though it does sound like something I might do although it's doubtful for this season.

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:53 PM
i'm with you guys...

i think if we're paying almost 300 bucks for NFL sunday ticket, we should get the damn preseason games live. why can't they do that? the games are all being televised, its not like it would cost direct TV any more money to do this.

freakin Direct TV... i hate them. They are the microsoft of broadcasting.

SquishDaFish
08-21-2005, 05:27 AM
How in the BLUE Hell would all the games be livE?? Thats impossible. I have last nights game on Tivo was on at 3AM and I will be watching it today. Listened to it last night on sirius radio. Direct tv and the NFL Network are the best things in life for TV lol`

mybills
08-21-2005, 07:37 AM
i'm with you guys...

i think if we're paying almost 300 bucks for NFL sunday ticket, we should get the damn preseason games live. why can't they do that? the games are all being televised, its not like it would cost direct TV any more money to do this.

I heard it costs $200 more for the preseason game package. :cynic:

pleasesavedrew
08-21-2005, 09:13 AM
The NFL Network did show some Buffalo "love" by putting on our scrimmage on live.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 11:13 AM
The NFL Network did show some Buffalo "love" by putting on our scrimmage on live.
mmmm.... buffalo love.....

sounds kinky. :D:

im4bflo
08-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I did get to watch the game, it started at MIDNIGHT Pacific time, but I did get to see it.

ebill00
08-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the heads-up yesterday Spaz. I was up at 12:00am watching. It was great to see our team where they are this early in the pre-season. Buffalo love, it's driving me mad, it's making me craaazy!!

Throne Logic
08-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Umm...the Bills/Indo game was scheduled for both Monday and Wednesday last week, not Tuesday.

While that's true, they didn't broadcast it on Wednesday. At least not in its entirety. I tuned in and they were doing something else (Inside Training Camp, I think).

Throne Logic
08-21-2005, 05:26 PM
i'm with you guys...

Actually, It's the NFL who controls what, when, and how DirecTV broadcasts. If the NFL doesn't care, then the local networks get their say. After that, I think Bob down the local bar gives his thoughts. THEN, I think DirecTV is cleared to show it.

northernbillfan
08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I live in Ottawa and I have NFL network....
Shaw cable in Edmonton doesn't offer it yet. They are trying to get it tho.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Actually, It's the NFL who controls what, when, and how DirecTV broadcasts. If the NFL doesn't care, then the local networks get their say. After that, I think Bob down the local bar gives his thoughts. THEN, I think DirecTV is cleared to show it.
someone here just said DirectTV offers preseason games as part of another package. That means they DO have the rights, does it not?

and even if they don't, you know damn well with as much money as DirecTV pays the NFL for the display rights monopoly, that DirecTV could get rights to preseason games if they wanted to.

Jeff1220
08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
NFL network did hose us last week. I was looking forward to that Buff/Pack broadcast since the previous Friday when I saw it would be televised on Wed. On of my friends, a fellow Bills fan, came over to watch too. We saw into the beginning of the 2nd qtr, then they cut to "Jags Inside TC." I was so annoyed...it said on the scedule "NFL Preseason: Packers vs. Bills 3:00-6:00". They cut it at 4 and didn't go back to it until 5:30. Iwas so steamed :rage:
The scrimmage wasn't "Buffalo love" btw. It was Brett Favre jock riding.
:rant:

VegasDave
08-21-2005, 07:29 PM
I cant complain!! Living in the west coast i'm reaching to here team news. NFL Network was just added to my cable free of charge. ARIZONA CHARLIES Las Vegas..20-1 Buffalo to win the Super Bowl. MIRAGE Las Vegas 18-1 Buffalo to win the Super Bowl. 12-1 to win the Conferance............................... Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f*** the Dolphins!,f*** the Pats! And Spit on a Cowboy! hahahaa

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 09:09 PM
f*** the Dolphins!,f*** the Pats! And Spit on a Cowboy! hahahaa
jets fan? or did you just forget them?

Throne Logic
08-21-2005, 09:25 PM
someone here just said DirectTV offers preseason games as part of another package. That means they DO have the rights, does it not?

and even if they don't, you know damn well with as much money as DirecTV pays the NFL for the display rights monopoly, that DirecTV could get rights to preseason games if they wanted to.

DirecTV does NOT offer a preseason package as far as I know. Considering how much advertising DirecTV does for the services they offer, I'm fairly certain I'd have seen this. But, I could be wrong.

I'd bet the NFL does not let them show preseason games because this is a great viewer draw for the NFL Network, which doesn't get much to show in the later months of the off-season that isn't a rehashed rehash of something they rehashed.

I'd much rather be able to watch the full suite of games regardless of which games are nationally televised - it annoys me to have to go to channel 30 from something in the 720 range. Plus, no night games, no Saturday games, no Thursday Night games, no playoffs. That's what annoys me. For a while, I wasn't able to watch Monday Night Football because I couldn't get local channels, namely ABC. Here I was paying the money for the the NFL Ticket and couldn't watch the most hyped game of the week.

Necessary evil, regardless of where the restrictions lie.

gggbills
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Or if you're in Southern CA, there's a BILLS bar in Costa Mesa, Pasadena, and one I'm going to this year in Pamona.
If you're interested in any of these, I'll send more info.
And I just got the NFL Network, it sucks for live games, and since it's connected to ESPN, who don't give us any love, it's one step better than NOTHING! Games are shown later, and during work hours, that's the hell we out of towners have to live with. Reading about these guys getting ready for a soldout preseason tailgater, was killing me!
GO BILLS!!!

I live in So. Cal, I know where the one in Costa Mesa is...right near South Coast Plaza right? But where is the one in Pasadena and Pomona??

im4bflo
08-22-2005, 12:12 AM
I live in So. Cal, I know where the one in Costa Mesa is...right near South Coast Plaza right? But where is the one in Pasadena and Pomona??
Pasadena- "Q's Billiards" 99 E. COLORADO BLVD. (LA Billsbackers)
Pamona- "SCOREBOARD" 3220 W. TEMPLE AVE. 91768 (909-468-0444)
You're right about Costa Mesa, I didn't care for that bar, so last year I went to Q's, AWESOME bar, awesome fans, but almost an hour drive for me, so this year, I'm trying out SCOREBOARDS in Pamona, it's a lot closer for me!
I checked out the place, the bar is AWESOME, now I need to see how it is on gameday, and try their wings, I think it will work out great.
Maybe I'll see ya this season, GO BILLS!!!

LtFinFan66
08-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Their Schedule has them replaying it at 4 pm eastern on Monday
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/schedule

HAMMER
08-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Also it would be nice if they would show the programming they advertise!! I took off work last Tuesday to see the game against Indy and they showed something else!! They owe me half a day's pay!!

You took time off to watch a preseason game, you are one sick puppy. :bf1:

gggbills
08-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Pasadena- "Q's Billiards" 99 E. COLORADO BLVD. (LA Billsbackers)
Pamona- "SCOREBOARD" 3220 W. TEMPLE AVE. 91768 (909-468-0444)
You're right about Costa Mesa, I didn't care for that bar, so last year I went to Q's, AWESOME bar, awesome fans, but almost an hour drive for me, so this year, I'm trying out SCOREBOARDS in Pamona, it's a lot closer for me!
I checked out the place, the bar is AWESOME, now I need to see how it is on gameday, and try their wings, I think it will work out great.
Maybe I'll see ya this season, GO BILLS!!!

Wow, I've been to Scoreboards before, I did not know that was a Bills Bar, on the otherhand, I have never been there on a Sunday morning either. That's the bar on Temple, right off the 57 freeway. I will be in Buffalo for the opener this year, but I am going to go to Scoreboard for the Tampa game. I hope there's a lot of Bills fans there!!!