Don't care what anyone else thinks, Losman looked GREAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Don't care what anyone else thinks, Losman looked GREAT!

I'm hearing all of this garbage about Losman having happy feet and looking uncomfortable in the pocket. BS! I was at the game and he looked really solid. Sure he ran around a lot, but I'd rather have him rushing for positive yardage than taking sacks or throwing balls into coverage that he's not comfortable with. With more expierience in the league he will get better, but he has the ability to make things happen when the coverage is there.

All of his balls were perfectly placed. he only went 7/14, but two were thrown away (correct decision) and three were dropped, right in the hands of Moulds, Evans, and Reed. So he was more like 7/9.

And, most importantly, with him at the helm the offense scored 17 points in the first half, nuff said.
    Beware the sack master!
  • LarryBoy
    The world needs a hero!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Don't care what anyone else thinks, Losman looked GREAT!

Foxsports agrees with ya: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4270100

I cant wait to watch a game.
    Bills Rock!

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

He has gotta get down early....people are going to get him good if it was regular season

it seems like he never has his feet planted, always on his toes....i think mikey caught a pic of it.....and that safety mishap? lol lucky there was a penalty on the play lol....

He is doing good though imo.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

I also see some tunnelvision from him....I never really seen him look at the entire field most the night....it was always just to one side, hes gotta throw down some good pumpfakes soon too.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

All I know is that he is freakin' better than that bone-head Bledsoe and right now that is enough for me.

Comment

• Fairway
            • Jul 2002

I would not say he looked great but I was happy with his performance. He showed improvement from last week and thats all we can ask. My biggest beef with his play tonight was not getting down when the run was over. He took 3 big hits and he can't keep that up or he'll get injured plus I'll have a heart attack. Please JP...............learn to slide

Comment

• sba
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Schobel94
              three were dropped, right in the hands of Moulds, Evans
              those were badly overthrown.

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sba
                those were badly overthrown.
                Evans had two hands on it...shoulda caught it.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Local News had highlights (we are bordline Packerland), and when they show Losman run for the score after Farve highlights, they intro'd with "From Favre the living legend, to Losman the future legend". Kinda nice to see props, even if it was from KELO.
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

The boy is quick though thats for sure. Alot of his passes were thrown high tonight too....he seems so nervous, hes the ryan miller of the nfl...if u kno what i mean

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                      The boy is quick though thats for sure. Alot of his passes were thrown high tonight too....he seems so nervous, hes the ryan miller of the nfl...if u kno what i mean
                      That's probably because the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. Eventually it will (something to really look for), but, at this point, with everything seeming to be happening so fast around him, internally he is trying to keep pace by doing everything quicker than he needs to, which makes his movements appear to be nervous and a touch out of sync. Once he catches up to the speed of the game in his mind, his body should settle down and he will look more relaxed. In the meantime, I suspect that he will be relying on his athletic ability (not just his ability to run, but also the strength of his arm) to make plays--which is OK because he is a natural playmaker, but isn't something that you always want to rely on and won't be fully utilizing all of his capabilities.

The thing that I like most about JP--beyond his athletic ability and talent--is that he made a solid improvement over his performance last week. No young QB gets it all right away: the best ones are the ones who keep getting better and are able to do more each week until the game slows down for them and they are in a position to really use all of their skills. With JP's play-making ability, if he continues to make the kind of improvements that he made from last week's game to this one, the Bills will be in a much better position to overcome the mistakes that he will, inevitably, make (like the safety that was called back) than most teams with a first year starting QB would be. I also like the fact that he threw a couple of balls away rather than risk a turnover: that's something that Drew Bledsoe never learned to do even after he had a lot more experience than JP!

While I would go overboard praising JP based on his performance against GB, I think he had a solid performance--even though his numbers weren't as good as they looked last week--and showed the kind of improvement in his game to make Bills fans very happy and optimistic about what he will be able to do for the team in the future.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• texasphinsfan
                        • Mar 2004

Losman looked great, but didn't Holcomb look better?

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          That's probably because the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. Eventually it will (something to really look for), but, at this point, with everything seeming to be happening so fast around him, internally he is trying to keep pace by doing everything quicker than he needs to, which makes his movements appear to be nervous and a touch out of sync. Once he catches up to the speed of the game in his mind, his body should settle down and he will look more relaxed. In the meantime, I suspect that he will be relying on his athletic ability (not just his ability to run, but also the strength of his arm) to make plays--which is OK because he is a natural playmaker, but isn't something that you always want to rely on and won't be fully utilizing all of his capabilities.

The thing that I like most about JP--beyond his athletic ability and talent--is that he made a solid improvement over his performance last week. No young QB gets it all right away: the best ones are the ones who keep getting better and are able to do more each week until the game slows down for them and they are in a position to really use all of their skills. With JP's play-making ability, if he continues to make the kind of improvements that he made from last week's game to this one, the Bills will be in a much better position to overcome the mistakes that he will, inevitably, make (like the safety that was called back) than most teams with a first year starting QB would be. I also like the fact that he threw a couple of balls away rather than risk a turnover: that's something that Drew Bledsoe never learned to do even after he had a lot more experience than JP!

While I would go overboard praising JP based on his performance against GB, I think he had a solid performance--even though his numbers weren't as good as they looked last week--and showed the kind of improvement in his game to make Bills fans very happy and optimistic about what he will be able to do for the team in the future.
                          Excellent analysis bro. While I agree with the consensus that he appears very nervous, he does have a pretty good awareness of what is going on around him. He has an excellent grasp of the offense. The hard work he put in shows and he is definitely the man in charge on that offense. What is most impressive to me is the work ethic and dedication in perfecting his craft. That alone has earned the respect of his team and will serve him well. So far he has proven to be the consumate professional in terms of his study and preparation. One factor that must be mentioned is the beautiful job that Wyche and the other coaches have done with him. Boys, we got ourselves one hell of a QB.

Comment

• bledslow
                            • May 2004

on his misses,even the ones he threw away out of bounds,there were ppl open. he needs to read the field better. he better improve,the defenses he is facing are vanilla with no schemes involved.holcrumb(sp) looked better.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

I'll bet anyone that Losman will get us a Ring.

Maybe not this year, maybe not next, maybe not with Moulds, Spikes, Fletcher, on the team still, but he will get us a ring - TD will keep him surrounded with this level of talent (and of course the occasional bust like Reed) and eventually we'll get that ring.

I have no doubt we're gonna keep him around for a long time (like 10 years at least) and in that time we'll get that ring.

Call me a homer - but the guy is just as big of a competitor as Elway - he won't be denied.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X