PDA

View Full Version : Be glad the Fins game wasn't on tv up there....

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
what a waste of 3 hours of my time that was! i actually listened to it on fieldpass... holy crap.

just to give you guys a brief....

Gus 7/18 for 87 yards and two fumbles
AJ 16/20 for 95 yards, zero tds/zero ints (but played in the 3rd-4th quarters, against steelers clean-up crews)
Sage 4/6 for 38 yards and one INT.

the fins had EIGHT fumbles and the one INT.

NINE turnovers. its a miracle the steelers were only able to score seventeen points on us. in fact i don't know if that says more for our defense or less for their offense.

our defense looked decent at times, but our secondary is still suspect and their first string O ran all over our first string D. that's not confidence inspiring?

what's my point? well you guys probably didn't watch or listen to this game (and aren't you lucky you didn't?). FYI the fins have moved backwards in each of their 3 preseason games.

our only points? 3 on a Mare field goal.

other notables: McMike dropped like 5 passes, and fumbled another. Welker had a huge 42-yard pass from Gus, and Welker had a decent game. Ricky was stuffed, only got 9 yards on 5 carries, with an EIGHT-yard run in there. our running game sucked. david boston looked great, had 5 catches for 34 yards. feeley's stats are misleading - they were mostly four-yard outs and passes out of the backfield.... easy plays that inflate stats. Diamond continues to impress at TE. Chambers only had one catch for 9 yards, but had another that was called out of bounds. Frerotte had a pass that was an INT but was ruled out of bounds.

final score: pitt 17, mia 3.

so yeah, not fun. i would say its safe to say you are in no danger of falling to the fins this year..... in all honesty.

texasphinsfan
08-20-2005, 11:49 PM
oh yeah by the way, some fin fans are screaming for Tim Couch right now... which i think is hilarious. You guys have Kelly Holcomb which seems to be doing well. Tim Couch.... well....

yeah, that's one of those players i wish we could un-invent.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 12:10 AM
funny joke that was posted:

The Dolphins must have hired Betty Crocker as their new coach.... (Nothing else could explain all the turnovers they were cooking up tonight).

LifetimeBillsFan
08-21-2005, 12:11 AM
texasphinsfan,

With things going from bad to worse in Miami and probably not likely to improve anytime soon, there's still time for you to switch allegiance to the Bills. Let's face it: you like posting here, you know that Bills fans can be very knowledgeable about their team and others, you'd be joining some of the most passionate, committed and devoted fans in the NFL, and, most importantly, you would know that you would be supporting a team on the rise with some exciting young, rising stars that will be fun to watch and cheer for over the next several years.

You seem like a bright, intelligent person who knows something about football: why waste your time pulling for a team as bad as the one you described in your post and have been following with such obvious disgust? You've learned a lot about the Bills by posting here, so why not just become a fan of the Bills? You will be most welcome and no one will hold your former loyalty to the Fish against you! Come join us--become a Bills fan!

LifetimeBillsFan
08-21-2005, 12:13 AM
funny joke that was posted:

The Dolphins must have hired Betty Crocker as their new coach.... (Nothing else could explain all the turnovers they were cooking up tonight).
Either that or they hired the Pillsbury Doughboy..... :lol:

feelthepain
08-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Why don't you just offer girlfriend to any inerested bill fans?? "TEXASBILLFAN" The ultimate Bill fan.

Bulldog
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Why don't you just offer girlfriend to any inerested bill fans?? "TEXASBILLFAN" The ultimate Bill fan.

Why, because he's not a homer like you?

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 12:41 AM
i'm not a bills fan, i'm just objective.

do i need to post a definition for you?

one can be a fan and not be a homer. LifeTimeBillsFan - LoL, thanks for the offer but i'm perfectly happy rooting for my team - the dolphins. The true fans still stick with their team, even when they suck. I don't like the bills, but i respect them and am interested in what their fans say and what the team does.

ublinkwescore
08-21-2005, 12:48 AM
that's sacrelige - asking someone to turn on their team.

We as Bills fans should know that better then anyone after the four superbowl losses.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-21-2005, 01:07 AM

one can be a fan and not be a homer. LifeTimeBillsFan - LoL, thanks for the offer but i'm perfectly happy rooting for my team - the dolphins. The true fans still stick with their team, even when they suck. I don't like the bills, but i respect them and am interested in what their fans say and what the team does.
Good for you, texasphinsfan. The only reason that I answered your post the way I did is because you are objective and I respect that in your posts. But, hey, because of that, I had to try to convert you from "the darkside".... :lol:

And, I will also tell you that I respect your loyalty to your team as well (even though I can't stand them): as my nick suggests, I have been a Bills fan for a long time--through years when they were worse than dismal (now you know why I can't stand your team!), when everyone in the NYC area where I live made fun of them, and, yet, I stuck with them and have remained a passionate supporter of the team. So, I understand where you are coming from and appreciate the opportunity to engage in an objective dialog with you, even if I can't convert you to being a fan of my team any more than you could convert me to yours. You are a better fan of your team than those who think that being a fan means that one cannot recognize its weaknesses or respect their opponents and the fans of their opponents.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 01:14 AM
thanks for the warm welcome to billszone. :D

i grew up in lauderdale, and my best friend was transplanted from Buffalo. we had many, many years of sparring back and forth with our teams. many years the fins and buffalo split the series, so it was a wash. but the years when the bills would sweep was horrible, and when the fins would sweep i would never let him hear the end of it.

the four superbowls for you guys was a double-edged sword.... on one hand you never won it, on the other you GOT there four times. that says a lot, and i couldn't really say anything to my friend at that time, as Marino still didn't have a running game.

good to talk to you guys, just know that not all finfans are homers! :D

The_Philster
08-21-2005, 06:51 AM
i'm not a bills fan, i'm just objective. do i need to post a definition for you?one can be a fan and not be a homer. LifeTimeBillsFan - LoL, thanks for the offer but i'm perfectly happy rooting for my team - the dolphins. The true fans still stick with their team, even when they suck. I don't like the bills, but i respect them and am interested in what their fans say and what the team does.Good to hear...we have other Fin fans who are objective and not blind :homer:...you'll fit right in :up:

Albany,n.y.
08-21-2005, 07:20 AM
The best thing for the Dolphins to do is finish with the worst record and draft the best QB (Right now that would be Leinart). The fact that career backups are 1-2 on the Dolphin QB depth chart is bad news for any fish fan. I know it's hard to root for losses, but sometimes you have to look at the big picture. If the Dolphins win 5 or more games, they're going to be going nowhere for years to come. So we Bills fans are going to want to see the Dolphins win a few games, especially when they play New England & the Jets.

JD
08-21-2005, 09:02 AM
texasphinsfan,

With things going from bad to worse in Miami and probably not likely to improve anytime soon, there's still time for you to switch allegiance to the Bills. Let's face it: you like posting here, you know that Bills fans can be very knowledgeable about their team and others, you'd be joining some of the most passionate, committed and devoted fans in the NFL, and, most importantly, you would know that you would be supporting a team on the rise with some exciting young, rising stars that will be fun to watch and cheer for over the next several years.

You seem like a bright, intelligent person who knows something about football: why waste your time pulling for a team as bad as the one you described in your post and have been following with such obvious disgust? You've learned a lot about the Bills by posting here, so why not just become a fan of the Bills? You will be most welcome and no one will hold your former loyalty to the Fish against you! Come join us--become a Bills fan!

Ya thats what Im saying. Ill help chip in for some bills tix. :rockon:
:squish:

Ickybaluky
08-21-2005, 11:04 AM
You do realize it is preseason, don't you? I don't think you can draw many conclusions on the regular season from preseason.

I got a prediction for you: Miami is going to play tough in their opener, and I would not be surprised if they beat Denver at home. Denver is a little over-rated anyway, and they are going to travel to Miami where it is going to be about 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Saban will have them ready to play that game, bet on it.

I'm not sure if Miami will have enough to pull off the upset, at least in week 1. However, I am going to put money on Miami and take the points. I think that is a very good bet.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 11:11 AM
You do realize it is preseason, don't you? I don't think you can draw many conclusions on the regular season from preseason.

I got a prediction for you: Miami is going to play tough in their opener, and I would not be surprised if they beat Denver at home. Denver is a little over-rated anyway, and they are going to travel to Miami where it is going to be about 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Saban will have them ready to play that game, bet on it.

I'm not sure if Miami will have enough to pull off the upset, at least in week 1. However, I am going to put money on Miami and take the points. I think that is a very good bet.
i am going to wait until the fourth preseason game is over before i would make such a statement, but i hope you're right. :D

TypicalBill
08-21-2005, 12:19 PM
it seems nflGC lost track of the number of fumbles :crap:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050820_MIA@PIT

BuffaloRanger
08-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah it's not like they had 9 turnovers in a game that mattered...say like the SuperBowl. (Yeah, I know we did.)

I hate the fins.

The_Philster
08-21-2005, 01:41 PM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050820_MIA@PIT:rofl:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD id=stat03><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=away align=left><TD class=away colSpan=5>FUMBLES</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD></TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD></TD><TD id=stat13><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=home align=left><TD class=home colSpan=5>FUMBLES</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD></TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>LOST</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>R. Colclough (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492911)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>V. Haynes (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302046)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>L. Foote (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302022)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>J. Harrison (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/303162)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>69</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>C. Hope (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302053)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>B. Keisel (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302066)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>C. Kriewaldt (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133342)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>M. Logan (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3840)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>S. Morey (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133372)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>G. Warren (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553477)</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cntrygal
08-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Damn... I'm forced to give ya pos rep.

;)

IF miami HAS to play tough at all this year... I hope they only beat the NYJ and NE. :biggrin:

LOL

Cntrygal
08-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I hate the fins.

:hi5: me too.

texasphinsfan
08-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Damn... I'm forced to give ya pos rep.

;)

IF miami HAS to play tough at all this year... I hope they only beat the NYJ and NE. :biggrin:

LOL
thanks. and yes, we had so many fumbles that NFL.com can't even keep up with it in the fumble box, heh.

ParanoidAndroid
08-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Commenting on an earlier post about hoping for losses so Miami can draft a QB....I don't think 5 wins is going to keep them in a rut of mediocrity or keep them from drafting a future QB. There are plenty of QB's out there they can develop in the draft and in free agency. Guys like Brees, Rivers (one of those two are going to be available soon), Volek, Schaub looks decent.... all possibilities in the future. They will have Williams as a bargaining chip as long as Brown lives up to his potential.
The offense could be sick if the O-line was better. Their defense has deteriorated quickly.
(Something to think about...Look at the age of our defense and I can see that happening to us as well over the next couple of years unless we get proactive in the 2006 draft.)

mysticsoto
08-21-2005, 08:41 PM
what a waste of 3 hours of my time that was! i actually listened to it on fieldpass... holy crap.

just to give you guys a brief....

Gus 7/18 for 87 yards and two fumbles
AJ 16/20 for 95 yards, zero tds/zero ints (but played in the 3rd-4th quarters, against steelers clean-up crews)
Sage 4/6 for 38 yards and one INT.

the fins had EIGHT fumbles and the one INT.

NINE turnovers. its a miracle the steelers were only able to score seventeen points on us. in fact i don't know if that says more for our defense or less for their offense.

our defense looked decent at times, but our secondary is still suspect and their first string O ran all over our first string D. that's not confidence inspiring?

what's my point? well you guys probably didn't watch or listen to this game (and aren't you lucky you didn't?). FYI the fins have moved backwards in each of their 3 preseason games.

our only points? 3 on a Mare field goal.

other notables: McMike dropped like 5 passes, and fumbled another. Welker had a huge 42-yard pass from Gus, and Welker had a decent game. Ricky was stuffed, only got 9 yards on 5 carries, with an EIGHT-yard run in there. our running game sucked. david boston looked great, had 5 catches for 34 yards. feeley's stats are misleading - they were mostly four-yard outs and passes out of the backfield.... easy plays that inflate stats. Diamond continues to impress at TE. Chambers only had one catch for 9 yards, but had another that was called out of bounds. Frerotte had a pass that was an INT but was ruled out of bounds.

final score: pitt 17, mia 3.

so yeah, not fun. i would say its safe to say you are in no danger of falling to the fins this year..... in all honesty.

Far be it from me to defend Miami, but there was a reason we lost to Pittsburgh last year. They are good and they also have good depth. I'm actually surprised they didn't beat you by more.

BuffaloRanger
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Far be it from me to defend Miami, but there was a reason we lost to Pittsburgh last year. They are good and they also have good depth. I'm actually surprised they didn't beat you by more.

8 horrible calls and the fact that the NFL wanted a NYC in the playoffs?

In exchange for the "increased attention" given to the Bills the ref got to be the head ref of the SuperBowl.

Watch a tape of the game. It's as bad as the Pats Rams superbowl.

LtFinFan66
08-21-2005, 11:08 PM
The only bright spot was that we turned the ball over a billion times and only gave up 10 offensive points to a pretty good offense. And none of those were against 1st teams. They should have killed us bad but our D showed they can still play some darn good football!