PDA

View Full Version : Does Losman remind anyone of...

SoCalBillsFan
08-21-2005, 01:30 AM
I haven't seen much of Losman other than brief highlights, but those combined with the write-ups here remind me a lot of steve young. I'm not saying he's that good yet or even that he will ever be that good because he obviously has things to work on. But the way he scrambles combined with his size and quick release just reminds me of young. You know, always on the move, constantly looking around for a way to get out of trouble, firing quickly into a tight space every once and awhile...maybe it's just me, but he reminds me of young.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't have a lot to work on, just that they have similar styles.

slakjaw157
08-21-2005, 04:07 AM
:attn: His style (and hair) reminds me of Rob Johnson....Ohhhhh noooo!!!!

The_Philster
08-21-2005, 06:58 AM
:attn: His style (and hair) reminds me of Rob Johnson....Ohhhhh noooo!!!!not even close..I remember the one pass where he was under some serious pressure and he unloaded just before getting hit...if it had been RJ, he would've just curled up into a fetal position

X-Era
08-21-2005, 08:07 AM
I haven't seen much of Losman other than brief highlights, but those combined with the write-ups here remind me a lot of steve young. I'm not saying he's that good yet or even that he will ever be that good because he obviously has things to work on. But the way he scrambles combined with his size and quick release just reminds me of young. You know, always on the move, constantly looking around for a way to get out of trouble, firing quickly into a tight space every once and awhile...maybe it's just me, but he reminds me of young.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't have a lot to work on, just that they have similar styles.
been there said that.

I think its more of a McNabb with Favre arm strength

Novacane
08-21-2005, 08:16 AM

Shut up!

Kerr
08-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Not even close like rob? When have you ever seen rob fake a throw and and then in for the score? His pocket awareness is also much better. His play reminds me of a farve/young mix.

Sportsuser101
08-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Are you watching the same QB?

Turf
08-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Elway.

Ickybaluky
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
been there said that.

I think its more of a McNabb with Favre arm strength

Isn't McNabb a McNabb with Favre arm strength?

casdhf
08-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Pretty much, I think JP can be better given the right development.

im4bflo
08-21-2005, 11:43 AM
How about Fluties bigger brother?
GO JPD!!!!!!!!!!!

Meathead
08-21-2005, 12:06 PM
When it comes to scrambling and getting out of trouble he reminds me a great deal of Flutie, who was one of the best at that particular skill.

I mean, come on, he was in jail several times against the Pack and was brilliant in making the pass rushers flail away trying to get him. He’s fantastic at the little body fakes and arm jukes that make defenders get off balance, as well as having a innate ability to know where the seam is in the pass rush to step into. The only significant mistake he made was getting sacked for the safety that was called back, which is a huge error, but other than that he was nearly flawless. Very, very impressive in that element of his game so far.

baalworship
08-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I think I see a bit of Donovan McNabb in JP. He has that elusiveness, ability to throw on the run, keep drives alive with his athleticism. JP is farther ahead than McNabb was when Mcnabb was a starter as far as accuracy with his throws though.

Tom Modrak strikes again! :bf1:

X-Era
08-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Isn't McNabb a McNabb with Favre arm strength?
Thats deep, I will go ponder that on the tree of woe.

Konyeezie
08-21-2005, 10:28 PM
I used the Young comparison a few weeks ago.

Good call.

Steve wasn't shy on the sidelines either... he's a cocky guy.

SoCalBillsFan
08-21-2005, 10:57 PM
sorry if I was redundant, i've been MIA for awhile...

Bert102176
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
attitude= Jim Kelly
agility= Brett Favre
quickness= Steve Young/ McNabb
arm strength Brett Favre
that's just my thoughts on JP

justasportsfan
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
JP needs to learn how to scramble while looking downfield just like Farve and Elway does. That's how Farve scored that TD. Jp tends to keep looking at the defensive players trying to avoid them. Used his perripheral vision.Scrambling buys time for our wr's to get open.It means nothing when your qb is not looking for them.

NJFINSFAN1
08-24-2005, 09:44 AM
To be fair, I have not seen him play since college. And you guys may not want to hear this, but the way he is cocky and yelled at his players in college, reminds me off Marino! (NOT HIS PLAY! )

But I'm one Fin fan that wanted us to draft him, I think he can be good! (Just not for the Bills!! :sorry: )

G. Host
08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
When it comes to scrambling and getting out of trouble he reminds me a great deal of Flutie, who was one of the best at that particular skill.

Yes he does and Patriots will use Flutie on scout squad to try to cut down his scrambling so he better learn to plant his feet and throw it.

The last buffalo fan
08-24-2005, 10:23 AM
To be fair, I have not seen him play since college. And you guys may not want to hear this, but the way he is cocky and yelled at his players in college, reminds me off Marino! (NOT HIS PLAY! )

But I'm one Fin fan that wanted us to draft him, I think he can be good! (Just not for the Bills!! :sorry: )
I do like honest people, phin fans or not. Thank you for your comment, as a bill fan, it is a good motivation. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon14.gif

bledslow
08-24-2005, 12:14 PM
there is only ONE qb jp reminds me of

MIKE MCMAHON

casdhf
08-24-2005, 12:45 PM
He's got twice the arm McMahon has.

dannyek71
08-24-2005, 12:52 PM
He reminds me alot of Byron Leftwitch

casdhf
08-24-2005, 12:53 PM
How?

FreddyvsJason
08-24-2005, 01:02 PM

Yes, if Steve Young had a love child with Adam Sandler.