• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

You people wont be happy unless Losman=Manning

The guy if flat out a playmaker. PERIOD!

I saw 1 count it, 1 bad play last night. That was the scramble toward the endzone. That was his first bad play all year to me! The fumble? That stuff happens, ask Drew he lost a game for us agianst NE with his fumbles.

I can count at LEAST 6 plays that JP made that Drew would have been sacked on.

All we need Losman to do is be better than Drew. Well, so far, mission accomplished!

Get off his case, it only gets better from here with experience.

Heres what he does better than typical young QB's:

1) Pocket presence- the guy flat out has it. I predict that he will be the least sacked starting QB in one of the next few years. He moves out of the pocket just before the pressure. Its amazing and something we should be celebrating after Drew, not questioning whos open when he runs. It reminds me of Flutie.

2) Arm strength- The guy has a rocket for an arm, he drills it in there. I sometimes wonder if he needs to take a bit off so that the damn WR's will catch it and not drop it. But I seriously cant think of many QB's with that type of arm strength

3) Accuracy- the long throw to Reed in the end zone should show what he can do. Its all there as far as accuracy. The part I like is that when he misses, he misses to the right side or direction. In other words, hes throwing away from defenders which means less chance for picks. My only question is he threw too high on a few plays but again id rather have that then picks.

4) Scrambling- say what you will, but the guy is converting 3rd downs and/or getting yards when we may have ended up with nothing. This factor alone will keep the D's honest and open up some pass plays.

5) Play Faking- He does a fantastic job of play faking and this bodes very well for a team that wants to sell run and then throw or vice versa

Overall, we should be happierthan pigs in sh_t but instead we still get criticism. Whats up with that? How did Aaron Rogers do last night? Thats what I thought. We could have had a true rookie at QB. We could still be stuck with Drew.

Personally, I cant think of another guy drafted in the past 2 years that I would rather have. Yes that includes Big Ben.

Get off your perfection horses and get on the bandwagon, were headed for great things sooners rather than later. If he were throwing multiple picks and getting no first downs Id be worried, but moving the ball the way he does and scoring with his arm and feet? Nuff said!!!!!!!!

• don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: You people wont be happy unless Losman=Manning

Not sure what you are reading. An overwhelming amount of the posts are very positive for JP. They are very encouraged seeing how he has played and think he can get better with experience and the posters are just being objective. He is taking some unnecessary hits and that is a concern but he will learn. Teammates and the coaching staff have indicated that also unless they need to get off there high horse as well.

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

other than the wiped out safety I can't see what people have to complain about either. He looked really good throwing the ball and running. It's fun having a QB that can make plays with his feet. He does need to start sliding though.

I guess people are just used to seeing a statue stand there, pat the ball and then take a sack. They are not used to a guy that runs around and causes a couple seconds of heart failure before throwing the ball away

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
        Not sure what you are reading. An overwhelming amount of the posts are very positive for JP. They are very encouraged seeing how he has played and think he can get better with experience and the posters are just being objective.
        Ditto
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gggbills
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
          The guy if flat out a playmaker. PERIOD!

I saw 1 count it, 1 bad play last night. That was the scramble toward the endzone. That was his first bad play all year to me! The fumble? That stuff happens, ask Drew he lost a game for us agianst NE with his fumbles.

I can count at LEAST 6 plays that JP made that Drew would have been sacked on.

All we need Losman to do is be better than Drew. Well, so far, mission accomplished!

Get off his case, it only gets better from here with experience.

Heres what he does better than typical young QB's:

1) Pocket presence- the guy flat out has it. I predict that he will be the least sacked starting QB in one of the next few years. He moves out of the pocket just before the pressure. Its amazing and something we should be celebrating after Drew, not questioning whos open when he runs. It reminds me of Flutie.

2) Arm strength- The guy has a rocket for an arm, he drills it in there. I sometimes wonder if he needs to take a bit off so that the damn WR's will catch it and not drop it. But I seriously cant think of many QB's with that type of arm strength

3) Accuracy- the long throw to Reed in the end zone should show what he can do. Its all there as far as accuracy. The part I like is that when he misses, he misses to the right side or direction. In other words, hes throwing away from defenders which means less chance for picks. My only question is he threw too high on a few plays but again id rather have that then picks.

4) Scrambling- say what you will, but the guy is converting 3rd downs and/or getting yards when we may have ended up with nothing. This factor alone will keep the D's honest and open up some pass plays.

5) Play Faking- He does a fantastic job of play faking and this bodes very well for a team that wants to sell run and then throw or vice versa

Overall, we should be happierthan pigs in sh_t but instead we still get criticism. Whats up with that? How did Aaron Rogers do last night? Thats what I thought. We could have had a true rookie at QB. We could still be stuck with Drew.

Personally, I cant think of another guy drafted in the past 2 years that I would rather have. Yes that includes Big Ben.

Get off your perfection horses and get on the bandwagon, were headed for great things sooners rather than later. If he were throwing multiple picks and getting no first downs Id be worried, but moving the ball the way he does and scoring with his arm and feet? Nuff said!!!!!!!!
          I for one have no problem with JP at this point. In fact, I think we have been in the Red Zone 3 times this preseason and have scored 3 tds, (Willis run, JP run, JP pass to Evans), I'll take that stat any day of the week. There are those who say that JP has happy feet.....well, I do not care if his feet are happy, sad or depressed, as long as he moves them when he needs too. You all know what happens when a QB does not move his feet don't you?? Do I really need to mention that QB's name.....I thought not.

JP is doing exactly what we want him to do, keeping drives alive, moving the chains, protecting the football, giving defenses hell in the red zone. And let's not forget that 8 minute drive vs the Pack that netted us 3 points. JP kept that drive alive with his feet and his arm.

He will make mistakes, an overthrow here, and bad decision there, no different from any other QB in the NFL. But for right now, I have to say I feel real good about going into the season with JP as our starter.

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

He reminds me a bit of Elway. The thing he will do too is confound the defense. When they realize they can't sack him and get frustrated, they may stop blitzing and just drop back into coverage. It changes everything offensively for us.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

He seems way to nervous in the pocket hopefully hes more settled come sept.11, the boy doesnt plant his feet, often leading to high passes and risk of int.
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gggbills
                I for one have no problem with JP at this point. In fact, I think we have been in the Red Zone 3 times this preseason and have scored 3 tds, (Willis run, JP run, JP pass to Evans), I'll take that stat any day of the week. There are those who say that JP has happy feet.....well, I do not care if his feet are happy, sad or depressed, as long as he moves them when he needs too. You all know what happens when a QB does not move his feet don't you?? Do I really need to mention that QB's name.....I thought not.

JP is doing exactly what we want him to do, keeping drives alive, moving the chains, protecting the football, giving defenses hell in the red zone. And let's not forget that 8 minute drive vs the Pack that netted us 3 points. JP kept that drive alive with his feet and his arm.

He will make mistakes, an overthrow here, and bad decision there, no different from any other QB in the NFL. But for right now, I have to say I feel real good about going into the season with JP as our starter.
                Amen to that!

Right on the money. Like I said before, he only needs to be one game better than Drew last year and we are playoff bound. I dont need him to win every damn game for us, just keep drives alive and play decent football. He wont be mistake free, but no one is. If anything I feel real good about how FEW mistakes he has made. That could bode very well. On the other hand, the preseason is normally very basic plays, what will happen when the regualr season hits and the complex game plan has to be executed? Im a bit worried about that. We will just have to see. Another character trait that I like about him is that he gets pissed and trys even harder to get it right. Unlike another guy I know who played like crap against 3rd stringers and then proclaimed it was his team. I like JP's attitude where he takes blame and fixes it sooner rather than later. Example: last week they started slow, JP took some ownership and this week comes out firing. Its not just him for sure but Im only looking at him right now.

I guess I just feel like the questions we had have been non-issues. We were worried that he would look like a rookie and he doesnt to me at all. We were worried he would throw picks and he hasnt. We were worried that Gandy would be a turnstyle and JP would be blindsided for sacks, hasnt happened. Our worries are non-issues. Is he a guy that can blaze us into the plaoffs and play with the leagues best? we dont know yet. Can he handle complex schemes, live hot reads, and check downs, we dont know yet. The first 3 weeks will tell how the season will go. If he continues his solid play we are playoff bound. We are 2 and 0 so far after all, preseason or not our 1st string D and O is outplaying the opponents 1st string D and O.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                  He seems way to nervous in the pocket hopefully hes more settled come sept.11, the boy doesnt plant his feet, often leading to high passes and risk of int.
                  Disagree, high passes only lead to int's if there are defenders behind the target. The chances are a LOT less than underthrown passes, see Drew Bleedslow.

Planting your feet is a true criticism. Your more accurate when you plant and point with your lead foot. However, I havent had a big issue with accuracy so far, maybe its not a problem with him. Besides, if it was happy feet and no mobility Id say its a big problem. But when your QB has quick moves and happy feet he can be a threat to keep drives going if he doesnt force things and takes off.

Yes, I want happy feet fixed. Unless it changes his game and makes him more sack prone, then I say screw it do the polka for all I care but keep up the good work.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                    Disagree, high passes only lead to int's if there are defenders behind the target. The chances are a LOT less than underthrown passes, see Drew Bleedslow.

Planting your feet is a true criticism. Your more accurate when you plant and point with your lead foot. However, I havent had a big issue with accuracy so far, maybe its not a problem with him. Besides, if it was happy feet and no mobility Id say its a big problem. But when your QB has quick moves and happy feet he can be a threat to keep drives going if he doesnt force things and takes off.

Yes, I want happy feet fixed. Unless it changes his game and makes him more sack prone, then I say screw it do the polka for all I care but keep up the good work.
                    Losman not planting his feet was one of the negative marks against him during the draft and helped lead to him being drafted a little lower. I don't get it though. Being able to throw on the run is a positive trait, not a negative one.

1000 zonebucks says JP has a better career than the overhyped, non-leader Eli Manning.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                      Losman not planting his feet was one of the negative marks against him during the draft and helped lead to him being drafted a little lower. I don't get it though. Being able to throw on the run is a positive trait, not a negative one.

1000 zonebucks says JP has a better career than the overhyped, non-leader Eli Manning.
                      I think he will too, but can I hold you to that?
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        I think he will too, but can I hold you to that?
                        Sure.

Comment

• sba
                          • Dec 2004

I'm not really encouraged so far.

We have yet to see the kid make a play downfield. He's way too jittery in the pocket and wants to run too much. He needs to stay in the pocket and let plays develop better instead of taking 2 seconds and trying to run.

I'm sure this will all come with time, but as of right now, I'm not encouraged that he's going to get us over .500.

I want him to be McNabb, not Vick, and right now he's a lot more Vick.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

JP is a bigger, badder, better-armed version of Flutie. And that's a VERY good thing.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• sba
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              JP is a bigger, badder, better-armed version of Flutie. And that's a VERY good thing.
                              So he's a gimmick QB that will be in the CFL in 2 years?

Comment

Working...
                              X