PDA

View Full Version : Bubble guys headed out and ? players comments

X-Era
08-21-2005, 09:56 AM
As far as bubble guys:

1) I think its Shaud Williams and Joe Burns with Lionel Gates headed to the PS. Reshard Lee has shown NOTHING. He is slower than crap and doesnt have much vision or break tackle ability at all. On that long return I thought the ambulance would have to bring Oxygen out on the field for the guy, GHEEZ! Hes a frikkin RB, and you cant out run the K? Sorry, gone! See ya! stick with Gates who has lots of wiggle and break tackle. And Shaud Williams didnt play last night or at least get carries because he is IN he is our backup. Last nights battle was for the 3rd string spot.

2) The toughest battle is for the 5th WR spot. I think Reed did enough last night to lock down the 4 spot, unfortunately because he still drops too many. But he wins the spot due to experience and equal playmaking ability to the other guys. The real battle is between George Wilson and Drew Haddad. Wilson looks to be a sleeper guy who make great grabs at times. But I think Haddad hasthe edge because of versatility and his toughness in the slot. Plus, JP seems to really like throwing to him and that can be huge. I think Haddad makes it outright and Wilson heads to the PS. Although Mularkey nod and clap after Wilsons great catch almost means he is a coaches sleeper. This will go down to the wire.

3) Jabari Greer is the number 3 CB flat out. Thomas hasnt shown squat in 3 years in my mind. He's still better than the camp fodder but Greer is a better playmaker than Thomas. Thomas is the #4. I am feeling like Greer is this years version of McGee last year. Does this make Clements expendable? I dont want it to happen trust me. But I dont see TD EVER paying a player top money, EVER. So we may not have a choice. I bet Clements walks and we draft a CB in the 1st round next year. I guess Im saying that I wouldnt feel terrible with Greer and McGee as our starting CB's in 06. Id LOVE to have Clements and McGee but I VERY worried it wont happen. Anyways, Greer is playing great and deserves the 3 spot.

4) Greg Jerman- this guy suck and should be cut before the frikkin cut down. He blows! The guy was a merry go rouynd to backups! BYE!

As far as question marks about players go:

1) Gandy can play! Theres no doubt now. HE has played great at LT. Is he Pace or Jones? No. But he looks to be as good as Jennings! I havent seen any bad plays by him. I havent watched his every move but I also havent seen any clear breakdowns either.

2) Edwards looks buff. The guy looks thick and has played well to date. Im a touch concerned about the draw plays last night and Edwards is the guy I am suspecting as being guilty but I dont know for sure.

I feel real good about what Ive seen overall. I really think we have a chance to dominate.