PDA

View Full Version : Haddad makes his case to stick around

The_Philster
08-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Drew Haddad likes the chances the Buffalo Bills are giving him to prove he should make the team. He just hopes he can keep turning those opportunities into the kind of success he had in the Bills' 27-7 win over the Green Bay Packers on Saturday in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Haddad got some time on special teams and in the second quarter recorded a 37-yard punt return. On offense, Haddad had three catches for 26 yards. http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050821/2027974.asp

http://www.buffalonews.com/graphics/2005/08/21/0821newdrew.jpg

buffalofan19
08-21-2005, 10:41 AM
He only caught 3 passes? I thought it was more than that.

ParanoidAndroid
08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Sam Aiken has been a disappointment and Parrish is hurt. That really improves Haddad's chances to stick around. Then you see George Wilson making catches in traffic and making nice adjustments to the ball and you want to keep him as well. In a draw, I guess you put Haddad on the roster and put Wilson on the practice squad once Parrish returns. While Aiken's size and raw talent is desireable, he doesn't seem to making any progress as an NFL reciever. Perhaps it's time to give him a chance at a fresh start elsewhere. He's a last minute cut IMO unless he shows something in the last 2 pre-season games. Reed has actually looked better.
Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Reed, Haddad, Wilson

Throne Logic
08-21-2005, 05:39 PM
At this point, I think I'd be happier keeping Haddad over Reed. Reed may have more raw talent, but Haddad gives the offense something even more important - consistency. He may not do anything spectacular, but there is something to be said for a known dependable commodity. Reed just doesn't offer that.

I've been rooting for Haddad since he first came on the scene a few years back. I was somewhat surprised he didn't make the team as a kick return man - if you remember, Buffalo really, really sucked at returning kicks at the time. I hope he makes it as the #4, behind Parrish, when he's healthy. I wonder how he'd be as a gunner on kick coverage? Has anyone noticed if he's been in the role / how he's performed?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-21-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm hoping he makes the team. He's a hometown Buffalo boy and he still helps out at UB on the Ulumni. He still can play I remember watching him when he was with UB if I remember correctly he shattered all of UB's recieving records and still owns them and he had like 2 or 3 KO's & PR's