X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

Chicago's Defense Is All Bear

The upcoming game against the Chicago Bears will be a great test for our offense, especially our young QB. Chicago's defense looks much improved from last season, and is far superior to any defense that either Indianapolis or Green Bay could hope to put on the field this year. Furthermore, this defense more closely resembles many of the units we will be facing week to week in the upcoming season (especially in the rugged AFC East) and will be a good barometer to see just how far our offense has come.

I only hope that J.P. will be more consientious about taking unnecessary hits. Brian Urlacher is a head hunter. We all saw what he did to the Miami QB's earlier this preseason and last night he put one ferocious hit on Indy TE Dallas Clark (I thought he might have killed him), and while that hit should draw a hefty fine, it likely will have no effect in Urlacher's mission to crush anything and everything that is in front of him. That said, I am very anxious to see how we stack up.
  • MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Re: Chicago's Defense Is All Bear

Chicago, COULD be tough this year, IF they stay healthy on defense and they get Cedric Benson in camp. I agree it will be a good test for us. However, I see us working da bears just like we worked the packers.

GO BILLS!!
    Send me some wings!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

I really do not think their 1st "O" will cross the 50 against our 1st "D"

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Personally- I think it's another 4-12 year for the Bears. They didn't address their QB issues and they drafted a head case with their #1 pick

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Kyle Orton, if given the starting job, could surprise.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kerr
            Kyle Orton, if given the starting job, could surprise.
            I agree. But, if they let him have the starting job, they will have to revamp some of their offense because he doesn't quite have the arm that Grossman does. And, he's a guy who WILL struggle out there as a rookie because he will be making an adjustment from the Purdue offense to an NFL style passing game and hasn't had much time to learn the nuances. Still, I think that he would give them a much better chance to win than C.Hutchinson.

The biggest problem for anyone who plays QB for the Bears, though, will be getting through the season in one piece. Their offensive line can run block, but, when it comes to pass blocking, they have a hard time keeping their QBs from getting "jacked up". And, I'm not just talking about Grossman. If I'm not mistaken they had a couple of QBs hurt last season, including Krenzel at the end of the season.
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
            X