Losman Vs. Manning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Losman Vs. Manning...

I was just curious to know who do you guys think will have a better season,
    J.P. or Eli?
    Losman looks awesome so far undefeated team although being P.S. and he's looking like a sure playmaker,
    but Eli was looking better as the season wore down last year, and he has a full year of knowledge.
    I definetly say Losman not just because we have a much better D. which will let our offense try to dominate the tempo, but also because Buffalo has way better receivers as well and I haven't even mentioned #21 so....

GO BILLS!!!!!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

• Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Re: Losman Vs. Manning...

Losman has a better year. I hope Eli succeeds in this league - I think it's a great story for the NFL. But poor Eli is doomed, at least this season.

Manning has Gilbride as his Offensive Coordinator. I hate the way Gilbride coaches. He ALWAYS fails after a flashy start that "dazzles the masses". The only folks who support Gilbride are the short term easily bedazzled people. "Oh, but look how Drew started the season . . ." - Bite the fattest part of my rump! Look how EVERY ONE of Gilbrides "success stories" ends. Personally, I'm torn between my two favorite Gilbride failures - The Comeback and the Buddy Ryan incident (I still chuckle every time I think of that).

If you need data regarding Gilbride's coaching skills, please reference his tenures with Houston, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo - pay particular attention to the later events. I've apparently blocked out his stay with San Diego - must have sucked. Something about Ryan Leaf.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
      • Feb 2005

Can someone please explain to me how Kevin Gilbride is still a working coach on any level of football, he has ruined more careers and offences than ne one else ive heard of.
      Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Aug 2004

I think it depends on how you define "a better season".

If you are talking about passing yardage, TD passes, etc., E. Manning will probably have better stats in these areas than JP for a lot of reasons that I won't go into at this point.

If you are talking about avoiding turnovers and putting up points with the offense, in the end, I think that they will be pretty close.

But, if you are talking about winning and providing leadership to their offense, when all is said and done, I think that JP will end up putting up bigger numbers in the "W" column and getting his offense to do what it needs to do to win games.

Manning is not as mobile as JP and his offensive line isn't as good and I'm not sold on the idea that all of the veterans on the Giants are completely in his corner yet. JP may not have the saavy or experience of Manning, but I think that, in spite of this, with his mobility, his teammates see him as a playmaker and are all solidly behind him and supporting him because of his work ethic. Overall, the Bills are a better team than the Giants and, as a result, there will be less pressure on JP to win games than on Manning and JP won't have to do as much to be successful and make his team successful.
        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Luisito23
          I was just curious to know who do you guys think will have a better season,
          J.P. or Eli?
          Losman looks awesome so far undefeated team although being P.S. and he's looking like a sure playmaker,
          but Eli was looking better as the season wore down last year, and he has a full year of knowledge.
          I definetly say Losman not just because we have a much better D. which will let our offense try to dominate the tempo, but also because Buffalo has way better receivers as well and I haven't even mentioned #21 so....

GO BILLS!!!!!
          I think JP because he is on a much better team with talent around him. I dont like ELI that much and the Giants just plain arent good at all......
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
            • Sep 2003

Who knows if Eli is going to play this year? The Giants are reportedly 'very concerned' about the elbow injury he received in Saturday's game...

Giants coach Tom Coughlin aknowledged he is "very concerned" about Eli Manning's sprained elbow.
            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
            X