PDA

View Full Version : Lateral or Illegal Forward Pass? You decide!

Michael82
01-01-2003, 07:01 PM
NFL.com has highlights from one of the biggest screw jobs of the Buffalo Bills' history. Check it out! Go to http://www.nfl.com and scroll down until you see this....

http://images.nfl.com/images/films-top.gif
Frank Wycheck's lateral in the '99 playoffs was an unforgettable wild-card moment.

I just got done watching it and am now positive that it was an illegal forward pass!!! The ball went forward!!! WTF! :madcurse:

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-01-2003, 07:06 PM
That was my inital thought. It was definitely a foward pass.

I was starting to wonder if I was wrong about it being illegal when I saw no flags or anything. We were screwed for sure

Mr. Miyagi
01-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Yeah well, we're ALWAYS screwed. It's called the Buffalo Jinx.

Music City Miracle, Skate in the Crease, Ahman Green Fumble. It goes on and on. I got used to it. :(

WG
01-01-2003, 07:43 PM
It was one of the biggest snow jobs in the history of the NFL to cover the incompetence of the officiating!

Lateral my left stone! The ball was thrown clearly from behind the yard line while the catch was clearly made ahead of the line. Inches possibly, but that's all it takes. Besides, it had to have been negative yardage, not equal anyway.

That was equal to the screw job that the Raiders got last year on the Pats or even worse.

NFL refs; what do ya expect! Them to get something important right. Heck, in the big games, you just hope they don't call anything. That's the best thing that can happen.

DIHARD2
01-02-2003, 12:04 AM
There is no way to rewrite the history book, so it's time to jest let it go.

I don't think we would have gone any further with Johnson playing at quarterback. Even though Tennessee went on to play RJ did not have another game left in him. RJ tried to lose the game for us, but the rest of the team wasn't going to let him.

If RJ is playing for Tampa Bay in their next game, they can call it an early season. I don't think there defense can do it again.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

German
01-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
Yeah well, we're ALWAYS screwed. It's called the Buffalo Jinx.

Music City Miracle, Skate in the Crease, Ahman Green Fumble. It goes on and on. I got used to it. :(

But I'll never get used to it.

Judge
01-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
It was one of the biggest snow jobs in the history of the NFL to cover the incompetence of the officiating!

Lateral my left stone! The ball was thrown clearly from behind the yard line while the catch was clearly made ahead of the line. Inches possibly, but that's all it takes. Besides, it had to have been negative yardage, not equal anyway.

That was equal to the screw job that the Raiders got last year on the Pats or even worse.

NFL refs; what do ya expect! Them to get something important right. Heck, in the big games, you just hope they don't call anything. That's the best thing that can happen.

I agree 100% Wys- the ball was thrown from behind the yard line and was caught in front- perfectly viewable as it happened right on the 30 or 35 and the yard line painted across the field.

See? We agree at times!

:shades:

clumping platelets
01-02-2003, 07:58 AM
End of the world must be near then :(

:ontome:

Earthquake Enyart
01-02-2003, 08:00 AM
The past is for losers and fools.

Time to move on.

JefftheBillsfan
01-02-2003, 09:02 AM
I actually think we would have gone to the Super Bowl that year. I remember saying before that game, the winner of the Bills/Titans is going to the Super Bowl. I actually think that was the turning point of RJ's career. He played well enough to win...hell...he did win. RJ never seemed to have any conifence, maybe this would have given him some. idk, maybe its just me, but I think if we won that game, we would have won a Super Bowl by now and RJ would still be our QB.

wharfrat
01-02-2003, 11:06 AM
It was a pass.. and a bad call.

fabolouspaul
01-02-2003, 11:38 AM
We has a great season at 11-5. Too bad it wastnt good enough for a 1st round bye!!

fabolouspaul
01-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Also, remember the last game of the regular season in 1999, RJ started for Flutie against the Colts, if we wouldve lost that game we wouldve played against a lesser opponent, i forgot which team it would be though.

iceblizzard69
01-02-2003, 02:32 PM
It looked like a forward pass to me, but it was still an amazing moment. Well, it was a great moment if you aren't a Bills fan. :)