PDA

View Full Version : Ron Edwards

vicmantak
08-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Ron Edwards is arguably now a rising starter who becomes a free agent on next March, 2006.

It seems that Bills have some tools to make him expendable with Tim Krumrie as the DL coach and Anderson, Bannan and Sape as depth.

Unfortunately Sam Adams seems to be a future issue on the other side (he is getting older (33) and will be a FA on 2007) and recently, this Defense seems to be a little way more DISRUPTIVE without Fat Pat.

Is it just time to offer him something "attractive"?

As McGee, IMO if Bills don't EXTEND his contract as soon as possible... it seems that he will simply hit the market...

clumping platelets
08-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Ron Edwards has already lost one yr of potential UFA. He signed a 2 yr deal as a tendered RFA before the 2004 season. He would have been an UFA this off-season. I suspect he will want to test the FA waters. However, if Clements or McGee resist overtures to re-sign, then I would absolutely approach Edwards

ryjam282
08-22-2005, 06:39 AM
I agree, it couldn't hurt to approach him and see what he is looking for. Would probably be better to look at him now since he isn't a huge name in the league yet and we could lock him up now for a few more years for decently cheap.

Jan Reimers
08-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Ron Edwards is arguably now a rising starter who becomes a free agent on next March, 2006.

It seems that Bills have some tools to make him expendable with Tim Krumrie as the DL coach and Anderson, Bannan and Sape as depth.

Unfortunately Sam Adams seems to be a future issue on the other side (he is getting older (33) and will be a FA on 2007) and recently, this Defense seems to be a little way more DISRUPTIVE without Fat Pat.

Is it just time to offer him something "attractive"?

As McGee, IMO if Bills don't EXTEND his contract as soon as possible... it seems that he will simply hit the market...
I agree with you and don't mean to quibble, but just to set the record straight, Big Sam turned 32 in June. My fear with him is that he may eat himself out of the league.

OpIv37
08-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Ron Edwards has looked terrible in preseason so far. I wouldn't give him an extension at the moment.

mysticsoto
08-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Ron Edwards has looked terrible in preseason so far. I wouldn't give him an extension at the moment.
Why do you say that? I think he's looked just fine...

OpIv37
08-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Why do you say that? I think he's looked just fine...

I watched both the GB and Indy games over the weekend. He gets no push into the defensive backfield like Williams and Sam Adams do- he basically gets stood up at the line on almost every running play. And I could be wrong but I don't recall seeing him make a single tackle or disrupt a single running play in the backfield. He looked decent in the pass rush.