PDA

View Full Version : I am watching Cowboys/Seahawks

HeadSquad69
08-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Wow does the Cowboys O-line look bad. Bledsoe got sacked 3 times in the first quarter. Gonna be a long season for the Cowboys with BledSLOW back there.

:comedy:

Canadian'eh!
08-22-2005, 08:14 PM
What are you watching?

I saw some bad oline play until the last drive and then Jones looked amazing and Drew did his job.

This Ware kid is FANTASTIC.

HeadSquad69
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
What are you watching?

I saw some bad oline play until the last drive and then Jones looked amazing and Drew did his job.

This Ware kid is FANTASTIC.
You must be a Bledsoe fan. Apparently you didn't watch the first quarter! :laughter:

Novacane
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
how many of the sacks were because Drew held the ball to long?

Canadian'eh!
08-22-2005, 08:28 PM
You must be a Bledsoe fan. Apparently you didn't watch the first quarter! :laughter:
just being honest... he had some bad throws.... especially missing that safety that almost picked him off. couple bad short throws too... but the biggest problem was the OL in the first few drives. Jones was going nowhere and the pocket was collapsing. The last drive was better and once Jones got some yards things got easier back there... they did a good job picking up the blitz on the 3rd and 12 conversion.

However, it seem the Dallas D can't tackle for anything. and they are getting TORCHED in the passing game. not sure about that 3-4.

Canadian'eh!
08-22-2005, 08:33 PM
how many of the sacks were because Drew held the ball to long?0.... Despite the blatant exaggeration on 3 sacks... it was actually 1.

game stats:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050822_DAL@SEA

The right side of the pocket collapsed very quickly and there was nowhere to go.... on another play he actually scrambled for 8 yards away from pressure.

finsrclowns
08-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Wow does the Cowboys O-line look bad. Bledsoe got sacked 3 times in the first quarter. Gonna be a long season for the Cowboys with BledSLOW back there.

:comedy:

Why did you make this up? Just wondering.

STAMPY
08-22-2005, 09:17 PM
:rofl:

3 sacks. i love how drew haters make up there own stats

Novacane
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
He sucks. We don't need to make up our own stats stampy. Even c-eh who was a bledsoe defender him said he mostly bad throws.

Canadian'eh!
08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
He sucks. We don't need to make up our own stats stampy. Even c-eh who was a bledsoe defender him said he mostly bad throws.
He was ok... not horrible. had some good throws on the last drive and the TD. But he's not being mistaken for Manning anythime soon for sure.... had a lot of problems on short passes again.

LtFinFan66
08-23-2005, 12:28 AM

:comedy:Wow that's amazing that you saw that since the Seahawks only recorded 1 sack the entire game? :down:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050822_DAL@SEA

Meathead
08-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Did you see Parcells after Henson threw that pick into double coverage? I don't think I've ever seen a coach so blantently disgusted. Then when Henson came back out with a little bit of time left before the half, Parcells had him run out the clock - in preseason! He really doesn't like the kid. I mean, neither would I, he sucks right now, but coaches don't usually wear their distain on their sleeve like that.

colin
08-23-2005, 08:08 AM
drew looked like drew

outstanding throws in some situation, stupid bone head plays in other, and it is just too easy to take away what he does best (you just blitz every 3rd and long and he can't throw deep).

i think parcells will make something out of the situation, but drew just has too many bad habits. he became an NFL vet at 24 and just stayed the same

Stewie
08-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Colin's got it nailed. Drew played just like he did for us last year. He made some perfect throws, and some that you would expect from a first year qb.

Any pass that required touch was horribly off target. He threw at Julius Jones feet twice, and once the camera zoomed in and Jones' expression said "what the hell I had at least 20 yards on this screen my baby momma coulda made that pass." One particular play when they were down 7-3.. He had Witten open after the CB slipped. The safety had the inside, drew needed to throw it over his outside shoulder. He threw a wobbly 40 yard pass directly to the FS. Like he wasn't even there. Of course, since he plays for seattle, the FS dropped it after bobbling it a couple times. When I say he threw it right to him, I mean the guy jumped a foot in the air and got both hands on the football directly in front of his helmet. He just flat f-ed up.

Drew made some good throws too.. He hit Keyshawn right on the numbers on a buttonhook and a slant. Hit terry glenn, hit the fullback for a TD with a nice swing pass (that he rifled.)

Bottom line: he's still drew, and we're still better off with a mobile QB.

OpIv37
08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I watched that game for about 10 minutes, before Madden's incessant prattle began to grate on my sanity and I had to turn it off before I lost consciousness.

madness
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
I watched that game for about 10 minutes, before Madden's incessant prattle began to grate on my sanity and I had to turn it off before I lost consciousness.
I listened to him for that particular reason! My wife had to turn off the TV for me. :snicker:

casdhf
08-23-2005, 08:45 AM
wow

HAMMER
08-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Bledsoe looked like crap at first and solid in the TD drive. He will be up and down just like he was in Buffalo, glad he is someone elses frustration now. Buffalo did the right thing in making the switch, no doubts.

Demon
08-23-2005, 02:54 PM

I agree. I saw the first quarter, and it seemed to be same old Bledsoe. Takes way too much time, looks awsome when had all the time in the world, but which QB doesn't? He still has trouble making good passes past 8 yards. And still throws horrid long passes not on target. He got sacked twice and had 1 INT, which should have been 2. Yeah... great quarter for Bledsoe...

finsrclowns
08-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I agree. I saw the first quarter, and it seemed to be same old Bledsoe. Takes way too much time, looks awsome when had all the time in the world, but which QB doesn't? He still has trouble making good passes past 8 yards. And still throws horrid long passes not on target. He got sacked twice and had 1 INT, which should have been 2. Yeah... great quarter for Bledsoe...

That's 2 guys in one thread that feel the need to invent stats. Why?

Novacane
08-23-2005, 07:44 PM
That's 2 guys in one thread that feel the need to invent stats. Why?

Why do you even care? OH that's right.........you were one of the lead members of DLC :up:

footballhottie
08-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I saw that game...wow i'm so glad he's gone. Lets party! Go Bills! :jig:

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2005, 08:02 PM
enough about Drew...

Demarcus Ware was a MONSTER... If he's even half as good as he looked last night it's downright scary.

finsrclowns
08-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Why do you even care? OH that's right.........you were one of the lead members of DLC :up:

Nah, I'm not into cults. Like the amigos for example. :whistling