• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Something that constantly pisses me off

As most of you know I live outside of Boston so there is little to no coverage of Bills football here. Which is fine I have no problems going to the bars to watch games etc. But what tends to happen is that because I never here players names or anything I develop the habit of pronouncing them wrong.
    For example.... Takeo Spikes for some reason years ago I think its Jerome Bettis' fault but I started calling Ta-key-o... Ta-Kay-o. So thats what I call my dog too I just cant get it in my head to say it right when I have done it wrong for so long. Also JP Losman, its seems the proper way to pronounce Losman is Lo-sman where I pronounce it Lossman(which sounds more normal BTW).

This happen to anyone else?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Something that constantly pisses me off

Do you say chowda too?
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Well thats part of my accent, ask Op Bam Cher or Pride.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

I think that is the root of the problem right there, when I go up to maine, that drives me insane.
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

People from Maine are hicks completely different accent.
          It was all

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

You're pronouncing Losman (think Las Vegas or Los Angeles) correctly, as far as I know. Perhaps the Boston media is incorrectly giving it the long O.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

NFL network called him Losman, with a hard O as well as Madden.
              It was all

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

yeah, you're right on that one, it's Lassman, or at least how everyone here says it.
                cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  NFL network called him Losman, with a hard O as well as Madden.
                  Just proves they don't know s**t, of which we are all very aware.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Johnny Coli
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    You're pronouncing Losman (think Las Vegas or Los Angeles) correctly, as far as I know. Perhaps the Boston media is incorrectly giving it the long O.
                    Yes, the Boston media (WEEI 850AM) pronounces the long "o." Smerlas is on there occasionally, and he pronounces the long "o" as well. E***** idiot.
                    We're only doin' it cuz we have to get paid. We ain't doin' it for you.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

So it is Losman as in Los Angeles?
                      It was all

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

i thought it was las
                        cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Right after JP was drafted, mentioned in an article that people always say it wrong with the long O. It really is Lahs-man.
                          The only person I've heard say Losman on NFLN is the guy in the commercial who says "JP Losman is the reincahnation of Kenny Stablah."
                          ... the guy is most famous for "Nice pick Cowah."

The funny part is that he, too, is a NEer.

Comment

• bills_7
                            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                            • Mar 2004

is he mexican? lol

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by bills_7
                              is he mexican? lol
                              partially.

also it is Losman like Los Angeles. Thats how JP explains it.

Comment

Working...
                              X