PDA

View Full Version : Something that constantly pisses me off

The King
08-23-2005, 07:07 AM
As most of you know I live outside of Boston so there is little to no coverage of Bills football here. Which is fine I have no problems going to the bars to watch games etc. But what tends to happen is that because I never here players names or anything I develop the habit of pronouncing them wrong.
For example.... Takeo Spikes for some reason years ago I think its Jerome Bettis' fault but I started calling Ta-key-o... Ta-Kay-o. So thats what I call my dog too I just cant get it in my head to say it right when I have done it wrong for so long. Also JP Losman, its seems the proper way to pronounce Losman is Lo-sman where I pronounce it Lossman(which sounds more normal BTW).

This happen to anyone else?

casdhf
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Do you say chowda too?

The King
08-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Well thats part of my accent, ask Op Bam Cher or Pride.

casdhf
08-23-2005, 07:28 AM
I think that is the root of the problem right there, when I go up to maine, that drives me insane.

The King
08-23-2005, 07:29 AM
People from Maine are hicks completely different accent.

Jan Reimers
08-23-2005, 07:30 AM
You're pronouncing Losman (think Las Vegas or Los Angeles) correctly, as far as I know. Perhaps the Boston media is incorrectly giving it the long O.

The King
08-23-2005, 07:31 AM
NFL network called him Losman, with a hard O as well as Madden.

casdhf
08-23-2005, 07:36 AM
yeah, you're right on that one, it's Lassman, or at least how everyone here says it.

Jan Reimers
08-23-2005, 07:38 AM
NFL network called him Losman, with a hard O as well as Madden.
Just proves they don't know s**t, of which we are all very aware.

Johnny Coli
08-23-2005, 10:25 AM
You're pronouncing Losman (think Las Vegas or Los Angeles) correctly, as far as I know. Perhaps the Boston media is incorrectly giving it the long O.
Yes, the Boston media (WEEI 850AM) pronounces the long "o." Smerlas is on there occasionally, and he pronounces the long "o" as well. E****** idiot.

The King
08-23-2005, 10:34 AM
So it is Losman as in Los Angeles?

casdhf
08-23-2005, 10:38 AM
i thought it was las

Jeff1220
08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Right after JP was drafted, mentioned in an article that people always say it wrong with the long O. It really is Lahs-man.
The only person I've heard say Losman on NFLN is the guy in the commercial who says "JP Losman is the reincahnation of Kenny Stablah."
... the guy is most famous for "Nice pick Cowah."

The funny part is that he, too, is a NEer.

bills_7
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
is he mexican? lol

Shasta McNasty
08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
is he mexican? lol

partially.

also it is Losman like Los Angeles. Thats how JP explains it.

Night Train
08-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Don't worry about it. Now get in the cah, drive to the bah and have a beeh.

casdhf
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Don't worry about it. Now get in the cah, drive to the bah and have a beeh.

Just reading that out loud fills me with fury :mad:

moogyman
08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
People from Maine are hicks completely different accent.

'scuuuuze me? :chuk: ...i ain't no hick

footballhottie
08-23-2005, 05:11 PM
i hear that....i lived in boston for a while and i took a long time for me to lose the accent...and even longer to stop saying "wicked"

fushetti
08-23-2005, 09:39 PM
So it is Losman as in Los Angeles?

Everything i've heard is like LOSS-man. Too bad his name isn't Winman.

PromoTheRobot
08-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Pete Shepard on WEEI is a proud graduate of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting...which means he's lucky to be able to pronounce his own name. Ever hear him try to say "John Halama?"

Speaking of Pete, I can't wait to hear that fat bag of fart gas cry like a baby with a load in his diaper when the Bills lay the samck down on Team Perfect. The same goes for that hairy traitor Fred Smerlas.

btw...I live in NH.

PTR

Dozerdog
08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Pete Shepard on WEEI is a proud graduate of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting...which means he's lucky to be able to pronounce his own name. Ever hear him try to say "John Halama?"

Speaking of Pete, I can't wait to hear that fat bag of fart gas cry like a baby with a load in his diaper when the Bills lay the samck down on Team Perfect. The same goes for that hairy traitor Fred Smerlas.

btw...I live in NH.

PTR:rofl:

I still like Freddie- but I agree- Pete Shepard is the biggest idiot on all of sports radio-

What part of NH?

PromoTheRobot
08-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Manchester...I'm surprised you still like Smerlas considering how much he insults the Bills, and especially Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson, on WEEI. I can't believe he has so much hate for a team that honored him by putting his name on the wall at RWS. I don't see his name at Gillette Stadium. That doesn't stop him from being the 2nd biggest Patriot ballwasher, next to Pete "I wanna be Tom Brady's girlfriend" Shepard.

PTR

mybills
08-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Just reading that out loud fills me with fury :mad:
I guess I bedah not tawk to you then. :sadwalk: