PDA

View Full Version : HUGE TRADE!!! Hossa for Heatley

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=134320

Apparently the Sens are trading Marion Hossa and a Dman (Redden i bet) for Dany Heatley... might be abit too much but if they can't fit Redden under the cap than they just got a GREAT player.

Forward_Lateral
08-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Is Dany bringing his Ferrari?

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Is Dany bringing his Ferrari?
:rofl:

he's doing 110mph on his way to Ottawa right now.

Sportsuser101
08-23-2005, 03:51 PM
The average hockey fan probably doesn't know anybody in this trade and if they do its Heatley because of his off the ice problem.

Philagape
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
The average hockey fan probably doesn't know anybody in this trade and if they do its Heatley because of his off the ice problem.

First, So what?

Second, HOCKEY fans will know. Non-hockey fans probably won't

Forward_Lateral
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
I'd take Heatley over Hossa any day. Heatley is a great all around talent.

Philagape
08-23-2005, 04:08 PM
If it is Redden, then it's good for both teams. The Sens are deep at D, and they just acquired a superstar. If Hasek has another year left in the tank, they'll make a run at the Cup. The Thrashers were already an up-and-coming team; they get a good scorer in return, and Redden would be a good boost to their D.

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2005, 04:13 PM
well... for us "hockey fans"

If it really is Redden than I'm not sure who won.

Heatley is better than Hossa... but they are btoh superstars. Heatley is mroe complete, adn a leader. Hossa is a better pure goal scorer. Throw in Redden, a young and easily top 10-15 Dman, and it's too close. I might give the edge to ATL because top dmen are so hard to find now.

Forward_Lateral
08-23-2005, 05:34 PM
It's not Redden, the trade is Hossa and DeVries for Heatley.

Canadian'eh!
08-23-2005, 06:31 PM
It's not Redden, the trade is Hossa and DeVries for Heatley.
STEAL.... stupid lucky Sens. Apparently Heatley had asked for a trade. too many bad memories in ATL i think.

SkateZilla
08-23-2005, 07:08 PM
:rofl:

he's doing 110mph on his way to Ottawa right now.

Remember Bridges Freeze Before Roads :)

Don Cherry
08-23-2005, 07:16 PM
This is a salary dump , first and foremost.

You will begin to see a lot more of these kinds of trades. Young hot prospect/player making smaller dough (Heatly) traded for slightly older but more expensive talent.

Atlanta makes out huge in this deal talent wise if it's Hossa/Redden for Heatley. They get a player with close to the upside/potential of Heatly AND a top defenceman. They have to give up 10 million in cap space. Ottawa gets a younger superstar to pair up with Spezza, and they get to save nearly 6 Million in space. Heatley is also a long way from free agency.

Sportsuser101
08-23-2005, 07:18 PM
First, So what?

Second, HOCKEY fans will know. Non-hockey fans probably won't
To be honest I know several guys who are hockey fans who didn't know who Hossa was. I'm not talking about die hard fans I'm talking about guys who watch hockey and know the main players.

pyrrhonist
08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
This is a salary dump , first and foremost.

Before the real story came out regarding this deal, I'd have said the same thing. But after Heatley released a statement, it became apparent that Heatley was looking for a fresh start, and Ottawa was happy to oblige. I think Hossa is a great player, but Heatley is a more "complete" player on the ice. They'll be fine, IMO, unless they lose Redden before the season begins.

Heatley's statement to Thrasher fans (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=134348&hubName=nhl)

pyrrhonist
08-23-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm not talking about die hard fans I'm talking about guys who watch hockey and know the main players.

Would those guys really be considered fans?

Most fans of the game of hockey should know stars like Marian Hossa & Dany Heatley.

Dozerdog
08-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I think Hossa is just as good as Heatley. His numbers last season in the offensively oppressed NHL were fantastic. Put him with Kovalchuck and he's going to be huge.

pyrrhonist
08-23-2005, 08:19 PM
The big question will be if Kovalchuk returns. I would expect him to not follow through on his talk of playing in Russia if Heatley didn't return, since Dany orchestrated this deal himself. Because without Kovalchuk, this team would be in serious trouble (Not like they're not already, in terms of offense). I hope they don't think Uni-Brow is going to come in and breakout with 30 goals.

I think Hossa is a tremendous goal-scorer, but he's more one-dimensional. I see Heatley moving into the upper-echelon of well-rounded players by the time he's done playing in the NHL. One day, we could...*GASP*...mention him in the same breath as Sakic, IMO.

Philagape
08-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Someone who does not know who Hossa is ... is NOT a hockey fan in any way. At least not an NHL fan. That's like not knowing who Ahman Green is.

camelcowboy
08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Danny Boy is going to give the sabres fits. Im not real happy about this.

Uncle Jesse
08-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Hossa > Heatly no doubt.

Earthquake Enyart
08-24-2005, 07:54 AM
The Sens are still too soft. They won't beat anybody.

Philagape
08-24-2005, 08:34 AM
The defenseman the Thrashers get is Greg De Vries

link (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050824/2067160.asp)

In light of that, the Sens got the better of it

Myers57
08-24-2005, 01:27 PM
This sucks that Heatley is being traded into our division!

chernobylwraiths
08-24-2005, 05:56 PM
To be honest I know several guys who are hockey fans who didn't know who Hossa was. I'm not talking about die hard fans I'm talking about guys who watch hockey and know the main players.

They must only watch their own teams then. Hossa has been a main player the last two years.

Crisis
08-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Sens got away with robbery...

pyrrhonist
08-24-2005, 08:26 PM

I still stand my earlier statements in this thread, that Ottawa "won" this deal, simply by acquiring Heatley alone.

However, the Sens were heads & tails above the Sabres with Hossa. Hossa is no slouch. He's a Hell of a goal-scorer. The same thing will happen when the Sabres & Sens meet this season, as last: Ottawa will thrash Buffalo! :drool2:

SkateZilla
08-24-2005, 09:34 PM

lmao better get some extra airbags on teh sabres bus,

tell me, what kinda leader drives a ferrari after a party at night down a country road at 80+MPH in a Ferrari ..

Ferrari's are great cars that rarely lose traction on the TRACK, but Ferrari's on country roads is asking for an accident... a Ferrari's Rear Differential is so high that you can run over a toothpick and your rear end will sway outta control..

a Leader would've taken it apon himself to be careful instead of speeding down a country road with no lighting at hi speeds...

i have nothing against Heatley, but you dont wreck a ferrari, speeding, and kill a man and walk away, even if it was an accident, thats how lucky he is,

i know a girl... striaght A Student, came to a Senior Party to Pickup her Sister because some chick was pciing a fight with her over some dude, when she arrived and her sister got in the car, this stupid chick pulls out a knife tries to attack her and jumped in front of the car (moving at about 5 mph), bounced off the hood and smashed her skull in on the curb, and died a few hours later, drunk as a mofo... and you know what happens?, Family presses Charges and She goes to Jail for 10 Years for Vehiclar Homicide and some other B.S. Charge..

Thats How Lucky Dany Boy is.. other people wouldve been in jail.. he got slapped on teh wrist, a fine and requested to do "Just Say no" Speeches and other events of that category....

its nothing personal, just that super stars get off too easy,
look at bertuzzi, he shoulda been in jail for 2 or 3 years :), for Assult with intent to Permanatly injure...

Cher Had to Goto jail for cursing out a papparazi for cripes sake...

JD
08-24-2005, 09:46 PM
there should be an nhl talk forum because i thought we were getting hossa!