PDA

View Full Version : 24th overall

northernbillfan
08-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Some idiot on scout.com rated our O-line at 24th overall in the league.
He was stating that having Gandy over on the left is the teams weakest link. I dunno but I think the line looks a lot better than it has in a few years.

Big Mike is going to kick some major ass this season. I hope Anderson fits in good and can keep good holes open for McGahee and Williams (if Shaud is second back)

If Gandy struggles at least they can move Teague over, but who would they put at center?

Article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_428153_24&prov=citadel&type=story)

JD
08-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Peters should be cut :bf1:

casdhf
08-24-2005, 02:30 PM
I pretty much agree with that, until they show up for week 1, let them think we suck.

BuffaloRanger
08-24-2005, 02:33 PM
24th Overall is about right at this time. The whole left side is new. TT is average. Big Mike has to really build upon his strong finish last season. Preseason games are not a true indicator of how good an Oline is. While there play is encouraging, and better than most of us thought it would be, it's still too early to know for sure.

The interior line was very weak last season. Their play has to improve. Gandy was pulled off the trash heap. The Ravens kicked Bennie to the curb, Though they have looked good so far, don't expect experts to be impressed after 2 preseason games.

Pride
08-24-2005, 02:37 PM
until we dominate the AFCE... we wont get recognition.

Kerr
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
The ranking isn't too hard to believe considering we didn't have one of the better O-lines last season. Yeah, this guy probably hasn't been watching Gandy's performances these last two preseason games. Anderson was casted out of Baltimore and Teague had been average. We'll see how good our O-line truly is when we face the Texans on opening day. They'll have to face a barrage of blitzers all game long.

northernbillfan
08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
until we dominate the AFCE... we wont get recognition.
That's my point. We don't get any respect from writers (except for Zone writers) and will never get any unless we kick some serious ass.

I'd have at least put the team above The Bengals and the Bears (How many Bears QBs does it take to win a game) not mention the Jags or Giants. That would have them in the top 20.

OpIv37
08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
The ranking isn't too hard to believe considering we didn't have one of the better O-lines last season.
exactly- Our O-line was terrible at the beginning of last year and mediocre at the end. We added Anderson which is a slight upgrade, but we also replaced Jennings with Gandy, which is definitely a downgrade. So far I'm happy with Gandy in pre-season, but no one who follows the NFL would put him on par with Jennings.

The last buffalo fan
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
exactly- Our O-line was terrible at the beginning of last year and mediocre at the end. We added Anderson which is a slight upgrade, but we also replaced Jennings with Gandy, which is definitely a downgrade. So far I'm happy with Gandy in pre-season, but no one who follows the NFL would put him on par with Jennings.
I agree on almost everything with you, because you have a better knowledge than myself, but disagree on JJ, he was not that good and/or ever will be, average at best on my opinion. On Gandy, well time will tell only.

MDFINFAN
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
That's my point. We don't get any respect from writers (except for Zone writers) and will never get any unless we kick some serious ass.

I'd have at least put the team above The Bengals and the Bears (How many Bears QBs does it take to win a game) not mention the Jags or Giants. That would have them in the top 20.

Don't you understand this is AFCE-PATS, until they are beaten by you a couple of times, the rest of the teams in the AFCE are just there.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Why?

Konyeezie
08-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Our OL has always been fine, it's Drew that makes them look like crap.

Run blocking could be improved though. Hopefully Bennie helps that.

Uncle Jesse
08-24-2005, 11:43 PM
If Gandy struggles at least they can move Teague over, but who would they put at center?

What about Ross Tucker?

Konyeezie
08-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Duke Preston. McNally found a good one.

OpIv37
08-25-2005, 08:15 AM
I agree on almost everything with you, because you have a better knowledge than myself, but disagree on JJ, he was not that good and/or ever will be, average at best on my opinion. On Gandy, well time will tell only.

I'm just saying that JJ received a huge contract from SF. The writer who ranked our O-line 24th probably watched very little Bills football (most of the national media doesn't watch, yet they still feel qualified to comment). All the writer knows is we lost a LT who got a huge contract and replaced him with a second stringer that another team cut. He's basing his comments on this info and not by actually paying attention to how Gandy or JJ have been playing.

chevyjayce
08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by JD SabreFan

Why?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

<!-- / message -->
I agree why? Peters is a freak, he may not be the smartest, butfrom everything that I have read, heard, and seen, he is doing quite well as a back up LT. In 2 years I bet they let Gandy go and have Peters step in at LT.

northernbillfan
08-26-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm just saying that JJ received a huge contract from SF. The writer who ranked our O-line 24th probably watched very little Bills football (most of the national media doesn't watch, yet they still feel qualified to comment). All the writer knows is we lost a LT who got a huge contract and replaced him with a second stringer that another team cut. He's basing his comments on this info and not by actually paying attention to how Gandy or JJ have been playing.

Well said.