• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

24th overall

Some idiot on scout.com rated our O-line at 24th overall in the league.
    He was stating that having Gandy over on the left is the teams weakest link. I dunno but I think the line looks a lot better than it has in a few years.

Big Mike is going to kick some major ass this season. I hope Anderson fits in good and can keep good holes open for McGahee and Williams (if Shaud is second back)

If Gandy struggles at least they can move Teague over, but who would they put at center?

Article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: 24th overall

Peters should be cut
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I pretty much agree with that, until they show up for week 1, let them think we suck.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
        • Mar 2003

24th Overall is about right at this time. The whole left side is new. TT is average. Big Mike has to really build upon his strong finish last season. Preseason games are not a true indicator of how good an Oline is. While there play is encouraging, and better than most of us thought it would be, it's still too early to know for sure.

The interior line was very weak last season. Their play has to improve. Gandy was pulled off the trash heap. The Ravens kicked Bennie to the curb, Though they have looked good so far, don't expect experts to be impressed after 2 preseason games.
        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

until we dominate the AFCE... we wont get recognition.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

The ranking isn't too hard to believe considering we didn't have one of the better O-lines last season. Yeah, this guy probably hasn't been watching Gandy's performances these last two preseason games. Anderson was casted out of Baltimore and Teague had been average. We'll see how good our O-line truly is when we face the Texans on opening day. They'll have to face a barrage of blitzers all game long.

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              until we dominate the AFCE... we wont get recognition.
              That's my point. We don't get any respect from writers (except for Zone writers) and will never get any unless we kick some serious ass.

I'd have at least put the team above The Bengals and the Bears (How many Bears QBs does it take to win a game) not mention the Jags or Giants. That would have them in the top 20.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                The ranking isn't too hard to believe considering we didn't have one of the better O-lines last season.
                exactly- Our O-line was terrible at the beginning of last year and mediocre at the end. We added Anderson which is a slight upgrade, but we also replaced Jennings with Gandy, which is definitely a downgrade. So far I'm happy with Gandy in pre-season, but no one who follows the NFL would put him on par with Jennings.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  exactly- Our O-line was terrible at the beginning of last year and mediocre at the end. We added Anderson which is a slight upgrade, but we also replaced Jennings with Gandy, which is definitely a downgrade. So far I'm happy with Gandy in pre-season, but no one who follows the NFL would put him on par with Jennings.
                  I agree on almost everything with you, because you have a better knowledge than myself, but disagree on JJ, he was not that good and/or ever will be, average at best on my opinion. On Gandy, well time will tell only.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    That's my point. We don't get any respect from writers (except for Zone writers) and will never get any unless we kick some serious ass.

I'd have at least put the team above The Bengals and the Bears (How many Bears QBs does it take to win a game) not mention the Jags or Giants. That would have them in the top 20.
                    Don't you understand this is AFCE-PATS, until they are beaten by you a couple of times, the rest of the teams in the AFCE are just there.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                      Peters should be cut
                      Why?

Comment

• Konyeezie
                        • Feb 2005

Our OL has always been fine, it's Drew that makes them look like crap.

Run blocking could be improved though. Hopefully Bennie helps that.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan

If Gandy struggles at least they can move Teague over, but who would they put at center?
                          What about Ross Tucker?

Comment

• Konyeezie
                            • Feb 2005

Duke Preston. McNally found a good one.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                              I agree on almost everything with you, because you have a better knowledge than myself, but disagree on JJ, he was not that good and/or ever will be, average at best on my opinion. On Gandy, well time will tell only.
                              I'm just saying that JJ received a huge contract from SF. The writer who ranked our O-line 24th probably watched very little Bills football (most of the national media doesn't watch, yet they still feel qualified to comment). All the writer knows is we lost a LT who got a huge contract and replaced him with a second stringer that another team cut. He's basing his comments on this info and not by actually paying attention to how Gandy or JJ have been playing.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X