PDA

View Full Version : Oh God no

The_Philster
08-24-2005, 06:11 PM
We have a few guys up for a possible induction to the HOF and if any of them are elected, I'll be going...but :pray: please don't let Madden make it :ill:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/08/24/bc.fbn.halloffamenomine.ap/

ublinkwescore
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
I think Madden should make it.

The_Philster
08-24-2005, 06:15 PM
I think Madden should make it.He deserves to, yeah...but I don't wanna have to listen to his induction speech

im4bflo
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
He deserves to, yeah...but I don't wanna have to listen to his induction speech
I know what you mean! The LOUDMOUTH with his hands flying all over the place, "BOOM" about a hundred times :down:
I used to like him a little, but now he's just doing an impression of himself.
I think he'll get in, but we don't have to watch.

Mr. Miyagi
08-24-2005, 08:52 PM
He deserves to, yeah...but I don't wanna have to listen to his induction speech
Then don't listen to it. But he definitely deserves it.

I have no problem with Madden. In fact I like him because he's a bit senile and pretty funny at times.

G. Host
08-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Maybe he'll die this year and be admitted after his death. His presenter's speak can not be any worse than Madden's will be IF he gets in. I have stopped watching MNF due to that baffoon.

The last buffalo fan
08-24-2005, 10:55 PM
We have a few guys up for a possible induction to the HOF and if any of them are elected, I'll be going...but :pray: please don't let Madden make it :ill:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/08/24/bc.fbn.halloffamenomine.ap/

Who is there from our team, Mr. Philster??

LtFinFan66
08-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Amen to that. Even if he was a good coach, he should be negged for us having to listen to his annoying announcing

SoCalBillsFan
08-24-2005, 11:38 PM
They guy is WAY past his prime, I dont like listening to him now. But is a definately a hall of famer, if only for the ways he has affected NFL football. Besides winning a Super Bowl as a Coach, he has been the face of NFL announcing for years (for better or worse). Not to mention the video game...

The_Philster
08-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Then don't listen to it. But he definitely deserves it.I have no problem with Madden. In fact I like him because he's a bit senile and pretty funny at times.funny as in :crazy: maybe...the guy talks like he's the only one who understands football...and repeats himself again and again and again...put some negative opinions in his mouth and he'd by Wys
Who is there from our team, Mr. Philster??Thurman is up, as are Ralph and Andre

The last buffalo fan
08-25-2005, 10:55 AM
funny as in :crazy: maybe...the guy talks like he's the only one who understands football...and repeats himself again and again and again...put some negative opinions in his mouth and he'd by WysThurman is up, as are Ralph and Andre
What do you think about our chances there??

TigerJ
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I heard that on the radio. He was an excellent coach. The argument against Madden is that he didn't do it long enough. The speculation that he gets more consideration than he deserves because of his media visibility.

Shasta McNasty
08-25-2005, 12:40 PM
I heard that on the radio. He was an excellent coach. The argument against Madden is that he didn't do it long enough. The speculation that he gets more consideration than he deserves because of his media visibility.

Exactly. I do not think Madden deserves to be in the Hall.

Pride
08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I also agree.. he should not go in... unless it is as an announcer... is Howard Cossel in?

HeadSquad69
08-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Exactly. I do not think Madden deserves to be in the Hall.
"Madden had a record of 112-39-7 with the Raiders between 1969 and 1978. His winning percentage of .739 is second among coaches with 100 or more wins behind Vince Lombardi at .750. Madden's team won the Super Bowl following the 1976 season."

Sure sounds like Hall of Fame caliber stats. If you compare it to our own Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, he makes Kelly look as if he doesn't deserve to be in. Both were in the league for 9 seasons. Madden's winning pct. is much better and he has a ring. Kelly cannot say that. Don't get me wrong I love Jimbo. But Madden is a 100% sure fire deserving of Hall of Fame material.

OpIv37
08-25-2005, 01:17 PM
I used to like him a little, but now he's just doing an impression of himself.

great post- there's always been something about Madden that has irritated me, but I couldn't find the right words to articulate it. You finally stated it clearly.

The_Philster
08-25-2005, 05:17 PM
What do you think about our chances there??Thurman will get in next year
Ralph should've already been in...hopefully soon :pray:
Andre..deserves to go in first ballot..but won't. The Hall has been notoriously slow inducting WRs as evidenced by the length of time it took for James Lofton to get in and the fact that Art Monk still isn't in

PUCKER
08-25-2005, 11:08 PM
funny as in :crazy: maybe...the guy talks like he's the only one who understands football...and repeats himself again and again and again...put some negative opinions in his mouth and he'd by WysThurman is up, as are Ralph and Andre
Hopefully 1 of our guys or 2 or 3 makes it in! :up: As far as Madden goes...UGH!

Dozerdog
08-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I think Madden deserves to be in the HOF on many levels

1) His coaching record alone smokes people like Marv Levy.

2) While his broadcasting over the last decade has something to be desired- he revolutiuonized the way the game is brought to you on TV. Read Terry O'Neils "The Game behind trhe Game"- the book is 10-15 years old itself- but it brings you behind the scenes of sports broadcasting in the 1970's and 1980's.

Without Madden, you would still have vanilla broadcasts without telestrators, and color guys like Tom Brookshire who were basically drunk washed up jocks doing the games. Madden was the breakthrough annoiuncer in bringing in a guy who knew the intricate workings of the game, and brought those into each living room. He drew up the plays that just happened and explained them to Joe Sixpack in a way never done before. All color guys since were in the Madden mold.

3) Beleive it or not- the Video game series has done more to promote the sport over the past 20 years than almost anything else. He insisted on "realism" in the games before he ever put his name on them. They even dictate how the game is covered on the field- with new camera angles that give you the video game perspective.

I'll be the first to say Madden is a decade overdue for retirement. But he's had a monumental impact on the NFL during his career. I'll even conceed that many of these innovations/ developments probably would have evolved in the sport anyway- but Madden is now permanently stamped on the history of the game the past 30 odd years.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I think Madded would have retired by now ifd he weren't making so much money from that stinking game.

And he was a helluva coach. I have no problem with him making it.

Who else is on that list? I haven't seen it anywhere.

LtBillsFan66
08-26-2005, 09:08 AM
http://www.ralphtothehall.com/

"Stay tuned"

Jan Reimers
08-26-2005, 09:37 AM
John Madden going into the HOF before Ralph Wilson would be a complete travesty.

The last buffalo fan
08-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Thurman will get in next year
Ralph should've already been in...hopefully soon :pray:
Andre..deserves to go in first ballot..but won't. The Hall has been notoriously slow inducting WRs as evidenced by the length of time it took for James Lofton to get in and the fact that Art Monk still isn't in
Thank you for your time and comments.

I do not like Madden either, but the guy deserves a place in there. It is what I think too.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Madden was a helluva better coach that John Rauch :ill: