PDA

View Full Version : HRL Trade Proposal

BillsFever21
08-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Typ0 gets Rudi Johnson

Fairway gets McNabb

Meathead
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM
I think Typ0's getting ripped but ok by me.

L.A. Playa
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
ok

BAM
08-25-2005, 09:28 PM
fine w/ the Harlots

STAMPY
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Typo is getting screwed but im not gunna ***** bout it

lordofgun
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Nice trade, Typ0. :up:

Michael82
08-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Typo is getting screwed but im not gunna ***** bout it
Typ0 kept Peyton Manning. :up:

Sabre Ally
08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
makes no difference to me

Typ0
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
how did I get screwed? According to the league manager (who wouldn't allow a trade of Dillon for McNabb) McNabb is "third round talent". I do wonder why people got to vote on this trade and not the Dillon for McNabb trade though.

Typ0
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM
I definately want an answer as to why trades that involve the league manager don't need approval from the rest of the teams but ones that don't do. Don't give me any **** about it having to do with baseball either.

Meathead
08-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I have McNabb and Johnson going at 3.06 and 3.09 respectively. Dillon is 2.03. I woulda had a problem with the latter myself.

The reason I think you're getting the worst of the deal is the relative value of the positions not the players. You can get probably 90% of McNabb's production with a sixth round QB like Collins or Favre, but you'd be lucky to get 70% of Dillon's value with a fifth round RB lik Barlow, Brown, or Bennett.

Meathead
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I definately want an answer as to why trades that involve the league manager don't need approval from the rest of the teams but ones that don't do. Don't give me any **** about it having to do with baseball either.
I have to agree.

All trades should be voted on by the members, imo. The commish should step in only when there's some type of serious failure or extremely extenuating circumstances.

Hey, if 6 of us are dumb enough not to protest an imbalanced trade then that's our fault. I don't think you'd have got that through anyhow, so it doesn't hurt you this time. But I agree with you in principle.

Typ0
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
I have McNabb and Johnson going at 3.06 and 3.09 respectively. Dillon is 2.03. I woulda had a problem with the latter myself.

The reason I think you're getting the worst of the deal is the relative value of the positions not the players. You can get probably 90% of McNabb's production with a sixth round QB like Collins or Favre, but you'd be lucky to get 70% of Dillon's value with a fifth round RB lik Barlow, Brown, or Bennett.

I don't want to get into a pissing match about it...what's done is done. But I don't think it was handled right and I got the short end of the stick. I hope we can learn from this and move forward.

Meathead...can you explain those 3.09 and 3.06 numbers please?

Meathead
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. That's just notation for round/pick - ie. Round 3 pick 9.

It's a combination of the Average Draft Position (ADP) that you can get from many free sites, with a calculation I've developed over the years based on projected stats and where a player stands in the range of available starters. It gives you an estimate of where the player should be drafted.

So McNabb's production is roughly at the same level within his position as Dillons, but there's fewer RB's available per starting spot so that value is relatively higher due to scarcity.

I hope I explained that ok. I've been geeking around with these spreadsheets so long I can't even tell if I'm making any sense. lol.

Typ0
08-29-2005, 11:14 PM
if you look at the yahoo average draft analysis McNabb and Dillon are ONE PICK away from each other in the FIRST ROUND while Johnson is LAST in the second. McNabb and Dillon are clearly more equal talent than McNabb and Johnson. The bottom line is by some stroke of luck I managed to auto-draft McNabb in the third and BF took it upon himself to take my good luck away and make sure I got it stuck to me because the auto-draft put his keeper on my team and he wanted to watch the mets game. I should have just said NO and not been so accomodating. It's funny because I always seem to get screwed by the autodraft and the one time I get some good luck it's taken away by an overzealous commish who want's to watch the mets game. The way it worked out Fairway got the first round QB that he needed and I got a third round RB.

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 07:28 AM
If they wern't trades involving the guys YOU drafted which were KEEPERS it wouldn't have been an issue and would've went up for league vote.

I even said in other threads if someone accidently took somebody's keeper then they would have to trade him back and they would get the 1st round pick of the guy who should've had him.

I drafted Dillon to trade back to get my KEEPER that YOU drafted. It was already announced at the draft that was gonna happen and everyone knew it but YOU wern't there.

Anyway, Fairway didn't want McNabb over Dillon. It would make a pretty good deal for you to trade a 3rd rounder in the draft to get your #2 pick back that Fairway drafted when it was supposed to be your player, then trade my player back to me for another first round pick.

Essentially you wou would've ended up trading a 3rd round pick to end up with two first round picks.

You would've had Dillon and Manning in the 1st round. Nobody else would've. I couldn't let that happen because somebody messed up and didn't follow the rules of the keeper league.

That would've been like me trading my 3rd pick to you to get Tomlinson back. That wouldn't have been very fair.

If you would've showed up for the draft you wouldn't have had to worry about having two QB's like that on your roster because you could've done the drafting yourself.

If that was such an issue then you would've let Fairway keep Manning and trade me Tomlinson back for Dillon and kept him.

You would've made out like a bandit for messing up a draft keeper which shouldn't have been drafted.

And as far as saying you shouldn't have traded him back to me and then traded McNabb back for your keeper that would've violated the rules and I would've had to terminate you and replace you with another fill in owner.

It's not my fault you messed up and drafted my player. All of us exchaning our 1st round picks to sort it out was the only way to go. Just be happy I drafted you the best RB on the board. I could've not cared and took him for myself in the 2nd round and kept him.

It was clearly stated that if someone drafted somebody's keeper they would have to trade them back and get that teams 1st round pick instead, and if they didn't then they were gone for not following policy and procedures. This happened with Mikey and Halbert and they traded their picks back and it didn't need league approval. That was already clearly stated that would be the process for someone drafting somebody's elses player.

Show up for the draft and follow the rules and we're not in this discussion.

Thank you, have a nice day.

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 07:36 AM
The bottom line is by some stroke of luck I managed to auto-draft McNabb in the third and BF took it upon himself to take my good luck away and make sure I got it stuck to me because the auto-draft put his keeper on my team.
If you would've set him down on your rankings like you were supposed to it wouldn't have put him on your team.

Think ahead instead of *****ing about it after it happens. Everyone was supposed to put the keeper players down on their rankings so this kind of thing wouldn't happen but you must've felt that wasn't needed and then you could ***** about it later.

I don't care what the average rankings are for McNabb. In this draft he went in the 3rd round which anyone could've had. It's not fair to settle a dispute of SOMEBODY messing up the draft by letting them trade their 3rd rounder to get their 1st round keeper back when the rules were stated it would be their 1st if somebody didn't follow the rules. Then even worse you wanted a first round pick back in return to give me my keeper back.

So basicly you would've had two first round picks and not a 3rd by going that way.

And anyway your point is mute cause Fairway would've rather had Dillon then McNabb.

You're *****ing about trades then do you really think McNabb for Manning is a fair trade? Not a chance.

It's funny everyone else agress with this but you're the only one *****ing.

Show up for a draft and abide by the rules of the keeper and there wouldn't be a problem like this.

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't want to get into a pissing match about it...what's done is done. But I don't think it was handled right and I got the short end of the stick. I hope we can learn from this and move forward.

Meathead...can you explain those 3.09 and 3.06 numbers please?***** to god about the short end of the stick. That's not our fault.

To be serious now, how did you get shorted? Fairway drafted your keeper and you drafted mine. You got your keeper back, I got my keeper back and Fairway got my 1st round pick.

If anyone got a short end that was Fairway cause he ended up with Dillon in his slot when he could've had a better player. That's the breaks when you don't show up for the draft and drafted somebody's keeper.

If you would've showed up for the draft like you should have then you would've had a choice of your 3rd round pick and would've had another warning of NOT to DRAFT somebody elses KEEPER.

It all worked out and nobody else is complaning. We both got our keeper back and Fairway got the guy I used for my first round pick which would've been sent packing to get my keeper back.

If everyone would've followed the ranking rules you would've had Manning with your pick and still got McNabb in the 3rd by the autodraft from your rankings and not being there to draft your own team.

Don't ***** at me for your mistake. It's my fault you screwed up.

You're just mad because you didn't pull out a robbery of the century and trade McNabb to get your keeper back and still get a 1st round pick in Dillon to give my keeper back.

The rules were if somebody drafted your keeper then they would have to take your 1st round pick instead and give your keeper back. Check all the threads it's in there. What happened later in the draft doesn't affect this any.

Now since Fairway took your keeper and you took mine that wouldn't work out so Fairway ended up with my pick instead of your pick(since that was my keeper) that wan't acheiveable and we both got our keepers back.

It's not my fault what happened after that. Read the rules on how this situation was to be handled in case of this happening. I followed the rules that were clearly stated.

The rules weren't stated that if somebody got a good draft position later on with a player and it would've worked out better for their team to trade someone else they drafted in the 3rd round then you could do that. Only 1st round picks could be used in dealing with this.

Sorry you couldn't end up with 2 first round picks. Using your logic you feel you should've been able to keep Manning and Dillon which were both 1st round picks. Now that wouldn't have been fair(especially when the rules on handling this were already stated).

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 07:57 AM
If you don't like the way the league is ran then you don't have to be a part of it. Nobody else has ever had a problem with it(seeing there has been no *****ing and the core group keeps returning)

I've always been fair and I was here too. You knew the rules and the rules were followed to get our players back.

STAMPY
08-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Calm down guys

Novacane
08-30-2005, 08:34 AM
:movie:

Novacane
08-30-2005, 08:39 AM
I really can not see why everyone thinks I'm ripping Typo off with Mcnabb for Johnson. RB's are more valuable that QB's. Johnson is going before Mcnabb in every draft I've been in. And what good was Mcnabb going to do Typo as his backup QB? If any of you big mouths are willing to give Typo more for Mcnabb I'll trade him back for Rudi.

Typ0
08-30-2005, 09:29 AM
I really can not see why everyone thinks I'm ripping Typo off with Mcnabb for Johnson. RB's are more valuable that QB's. Johnson is going before Mcnabb in every draft I've been in. And what good was Mcnabb going to do Typo as his backup QB? If any of you big mouths are willing to give Typo more for Mcnabb I'll trade him back for Rudi.

it's very odd for Johnson to go before McNabb and that is evidenced by the average draft positions of the players. McNabb is ONE BEHIND Dillon in the FIRST ROUND and Johnson is the last pick in the second. BF is *****ing about the whole thing because I would have had two "first round talents" if we traded Dillon for McNabb...but it's not my fault McNabb fell to me in the third round and I am the one that should be reaping the rewards for that oversight not have someone scoop in and make sure the luck I had to get a first round talent in the third is equalled out because I didn't make it to the draft.

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 11:06 AM
it's very odd for Johnson to go before McNabb and that is evidenced by the average draft positions of the players. McNabb is ONE BEHIND Dillon in the FIRST ROUND and Johnson is the last pick in the second. BF is *****ing about the whole thing because I would have had two "first round talents" if we traded Dillon for McNabb...but it's not my fault McNabb fell to me in the third round and I am the one that should be reaping the rewards for that oversight not have someone scoop in and make sure the luck I had to get a first round talent in the third is equalled out because I didn't make it to the draft.
Do I need to dig up the rules for you? I've clearly stated that if someone drafted somebody elses keeper then they would get their first round pick not their 3rd round pick.

So McNabb for Manning would've been a fair trade for Fairway? Fairway is the one who brought up the idea of settling that and it was the best way to settle it.

Show up for the draft and this discussion never happens.

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
This trade is fair to me and it passed the voting process.

L.A. Playa
08-30-2005, 11:33 AM
anyone using the trading block feature ??

Gunzlingr
08-30-2005, 11:33 AM
anyone using the trading block feature ??Didnt' know it existed. I will try it out.

STAMPY
08-30-2005, 11:43 AM
anyone using the trading block feature ??

i'll check it out TEAM ROOKIE :up:

lordofgun
08-30-2005, 04:50 PM
LOL. Glad I'm not in this league.

Typ0
08-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Do I need to dig up the rules for you? I've clearly stated that if someone drafted somebody elses keeper then they would get their first round pick not their 3rd round pick.

So McNabb for Manning would've been a fair trade for Fairway? Fairway is the one who brought up the idea of settling that and it was the best way to settle it.

Show up for the draft and this discussion never happens.

no one communicated it with me and I didn't see it in a post...I guess that would have made a big difference to me at the time to see what Fairway wanted instead of just you rejecting my trades. anyway, it's over can we just forget about it and move on?