X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Looks like Reed is a lock...

Word is that rookie WR Roscoe Parrish, who was emerging as a weapon as the Bills’ slot receiver before being sidelined with a wrist injury, could miss the first month of the season due to the injury. Parrish has been seen on the sideline at practice with his arm in a cast and a sling. The Bills have said the injury is not a season-ending one, but there are concerns that Parrish’s ability to catch the ball — particularly on punts and kickoffs — could be hindered once he does return. We hear Parrish’s injury is also a blow to young QB J.P. Losman, who was establishing a rapport with the speedy Miami (Fla.) product and was looking for him in the slot when under pressure. Disappointing Josh Reed is next in line to earn the No. 3 WR role, but though he’s having a good camp, he’s getting pushed by Drew Haddad. Meanwhile, Sam Aiken and Jonathan Smith appear to be on the periphery.

I can't say I'm suprised, but it looks like Haddad has a good shot too!!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Fairway
    • Jul 2002

Re: Looks like Reed is a lock...

I'd rather had Haddad than Reed. I'm sick of his drops.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I agree... #3 guy has to make the catch... since he is the last option usually. He doesnt need to be super fast or super big.. but he does need to be reliable! Reed is NOT reliable!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Trade that guy to Philly for a cheesesteak and a song.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Mularkey has mentioned that they may keep 6 WRs on the roster this year. That means Wilson may have a chance of making the roster too. I hope they let Jonathan Smith go. He's just too small and a good hit by a Safety, LB or McNabb's mother jolts the ball out every time.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Including Parrish in the 6, you would have to cut Smith and another one of the guys mentioned in order to keep Wilson.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• dannyek71
              Drink Responsibly
              • Dec 2004

WR: Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Haddad, Aiken, Reed
              [

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Does Aiken have compromising photo's of TD in drag ? What's the attraction ?
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ryven
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                  I think it's his overall size but they really should cut him loose if he doesnt start to produce. He has had his chance wilson is just a little shorter and a little lighter than Aiken but has produced more. Give a year or two and you have lost nothing maybe even gain a viable threat.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

His size. He's 6'2, 204 lbs or something like that. He also plays good ST. However, if Moulds were to go down with an injury, could you see Reed taking his place? Shudder!

Actually, I looked at Wilson's bio and he's 5'11" and about 197 lbs. That's not small. I might consider keeping him over Aiken or Reed.

My ideal lineup to keep 6 would be: Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Haddad, Wilson, Aiken.

I don't like Reed b'cse I feel he is too unreliable and doesn't have anything else really going for him. Aiken can be unreliable also, but atleast has size. However, if we only keep 5, I'd dismiss Aiken also. Wilson plays ST also and is pretty decent at it.

I'd also put Tony Brown on the PS. If he can develop, a 6'2 guy with Evans speed could be awesome and a future Moulds replacement. But he's too raw right now and drops too many balls. He will need to seriously work on that if he ever wants to be seriously considered.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

5'11 197, is really small for WRs these days. I'd say Aiken is more average, I don't think he's anything special to hold onto, but as far as big, physical WRs.....after Moulds, who is there?
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        His size. He's 6'2, 204 lbs or something like that. He also plays good ST.
                        I'm well aware of his contributions on ST's. I witnessed several nice tackles by him last season. But we have many good ST's who can actually provide good depth at their given position. Aiken has done nothing but drop balls every time I've seen him practice.

Prototype body or not, you only get so many passes, based on percieved ability. Mularkey didn't draft the guy and owes him nothing. Right now, Haddad and Wilson are catching the ball. Aiken is not.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by casdhf
                          5'11 197, is really small for WRs these days. I'd say Aiken is more average, I don't think he's anything special to hold onto, but as far as big, physical WRs.....after Moulds, who is there?
                          What good is his size though, if he can't catch the ball? Atleast Wilson catches them...

I'd test him thoroughly in the next 2 games. If he doesn't show me anything, I'd give Wilson the position over him...we can't just keep him in the roster b'cse of his size. He's got to be able to produce when needed. Otherwise, he's useless.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

I'm well aware of his contributions on ST's. I witnessed several nice tackles by him last season. But we have many good ST's who can actually provide good depth at their given position. Aiken has done nothing but drop balls every time I've seen him practice.

Prototype body or not, you only get so many passes, based on percieved ability. Mularkey didn't draft the guy and owes him nothing. Right now, Haddad and Wilson are catching the ball. Aiken is not.
                            You do realize by the rest of my post that I agree with what you say, right? Aiken seems to have potential, but seems more interested in working out than improving his hand skills. If Moulds were to go down, I would feel more comfortable with Wilson in than Aiken. Aiken may be physical, but if you can't catch the ball, it's all wasted.

Comment

• ryven
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              His size. He's 6'2, 204 lbs or something like that. He also plays good ST. However, if Moulds were to go down with an injury, could you see Reed taking his place? Shudder!

Actually, I looked at Wilson's bio and he's 5'11" and about 197 lbs. That's not small. I might consider keeping him over Aiken or Reed.

My ideal lineup to keep 6 would be: Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Haddad, Wilson, Aiken.

I don't like Reed b'cse I feel he is too unreliable and doesn't have anything else really going for him. Aiken can be unreliable also, but atleast has size. However, if we only keep 5, I'd dismiss Aiken also. Wilson plays ST also and is pretty decent at it.

I'd also put Tony Brown on the PS. If he can develop, a 6'2 guy with Evans speed could be awesome and a future Moulds replacement. But he's too raw right now and drops too many balls. He will need to seriously work on that if he ever wants to be seriously considered.

Here is What Wilson's measurements are on the official website http://www.buffalobills.com/team/pla...ayer_id=122576
                              Last edited by ryven; 08-25-2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X