• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Where's FTP???

As usual, FTP disappears when reality hits him and he realizes he's wrong. It looks like Gus has been all but named the starter:

With the Dolphins considering bringing Tim Couch in, I wonder if they might want to consider Phillip Rivers from SD. Personally, I don't think he's great and I don't like his style, but some people do. He might also be a little expensive - but when you are desperate...

If they go in with what they have, they are essentially conceding the season and waiting to get a franchise QB next year along with some serious Oline help...and we all know that QBs rarely produce in their 1st year, so this means that they are pushing off a decent season for 2-3 years!!!

Are the fairweather Miami fans going to stick it out with their team through the thick and thin with Saban for that long?
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Re: Where's FTP???

Rivers will be starting in San Diego next year. They will either let Brees walk or pull a TD/Peerless trick and deal him.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
      • Feb 2003

Drew Brees might end up in MIA next year as a FA.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

If I am Miami I would rather hold out for Leinhart then take Rivers or Brees. Miami needs a fresh start.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
          • Jul 2005

Look under the rock FTP has crawled under.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
            If I am Miami I would rather hold out for Leinhart then take Rivers or Brees. Miami needs a fresh start.
            I was just going to say that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              As usual, FTP disappears when reality hits him and he realizes he's wrong.
              he's somewhere feeling the pain of that news.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Even though starting over with Leinhart would mean they would also need a new defense by the time he's ready to contribute? Their Defense is aging as we speak. I mean, in their locker room, it must sound like popping plastic bubble wrap every time they stretch...

Mind you...I'm not saying I care, but I just think that this path will lead them on a long journey before they are a good team again - and I have to wonder if the fairweather Miami fans would be willing to take that long or if they would turn on Saban long before...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  he's somewhere feeling the pain of that news.
                  LOL! From the looks of it, he's going to be feeling the pain for some time. How astute of him to choose such an appropriate name...

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

I'd take Rivers, that is a fresh start, but I still think AJ's the answer and Gus's the stop gap until AJ is fully caught up on this system.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

What a great 2nd round pick Feely was.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        As usual, FTP disappears when reality hits him and he realizes he's wrong. It looks like Gus has been all but named the starter:

With the Dolphins considering bringing Tim Couch in, I wonder if they might want to consider Phillip Rivers from SD. Personally, I don't think he's great and I don't like his style, but some people do. He might also be a little expensive - but when you are desperate...

If they go in with what they have, they are essentially conceding the season and waiting to get a franchise QB next year along with some serious Oline help...and we all know that QBs rarely produce in their 1st year, so this means that they are pushing off a decent season for 2-3 years!!!

Are the fairweather Miami fans going to stick it out with their team through the thick and thin with Saban for that long?
                        As usual you believe evrything you read, unless someone bashes your team ofcourse, then they are idiots who don't know anything about football. How terribly mature of you. I'm still here and will be, I'll enjoy the fact that the Bills will be avg. once again and lucky to split with any division rival. I also read that Miami's D is getting older as we speak....really, I guess yours never agaes huh?? I think we added much more and younger players to our D this year and all you did was lose a run stuffer and added nothing, zero,zip,notta ,nothing sorta like your personality!! No, check that....exactly like your personality.

Comment

• jmb1099
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          As usual you believe evrything you read, unless someone bashes your team ofcourse, then they are idiots who don't know anything about football. How terribly mature of you. I'm still here and will be, I'll enjoy the fact that the Bills will be avg. once again and lucky to split with any division rival. I also read that Miami's D is getting older as we speak....really, I guess yours never agaes huh?? I think we added much more and younger players to our D this year and all you did was lose a run stuffer and added nothing, zero,zip,notta ,nothing sorta like your personality!! No, check that....exactly like your personality.
                          Baghdad Bob, Michael Jackson, and Feelthepain...all classic cases of denial.

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Really, name the younger players that Miami added to the defense. And Buffalo's defense was 2nd in the NFL last year, what did they really need to add? Another really stupid post from FTP.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

As usual you believe evrything you read, unless someone bashes your team ofcourse, then they are idiots who don't know anything about football.
                              Right. Like the recent NFL power rankings. No doubt written by idiots. Fins 30th?
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X