PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cut Izell Reese

Sennsai
08-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Tuna cut Reese Cup. That didn't take too long. Some reports had him "competeing for the starting job".... much like alot of internet rumors, they are just that... rumors.

Reese should be done in the NFL. Too many younger guys out there to develop into a quality player.

casdhf
08-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Juice?

juice
08-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Casdhf?

AndreReed83
08-25-2005, 02:43 PM
I remember PT was praising this pickup for the Cowboys. Where are ya now Troll?

mysticsoto
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
I remember PT was praising this pickup for the Cowboys. Where are ya now Troll?
Same place FTP went. Under the Homer Rock! They'll show up the 1st time Buffalo loses a game to rub it in our face but sooner or later they'll leave again since their respective teams are going nowhere this year.

Pride
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Casdhf?

:bf1: :lmao:

Gunzlingr
08-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Juice, your brother didn't make the team! What happened, dude?

juice
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Juice, your brother didn't make the team! What happened, dude?Gunz, Your Mother was the better Man, she beat him out fair and square but like Coy Wire she looks more like a LBer to me.. Dude.

Dude, Reese had more ability and instincts at the Safety position than Wire will ever have and Wire's still listed as a DB for the Bills, which is kinda' scary when you think about it. Dude.

casdhf
08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
keep telling yourself that, bro

Michael82
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Tuna cut Reese Cup. That didn't take too long. Some reports had him "competeing for the starting job".... much like alot of internet rumors, they are just that... rumors.

Reese should be done in the NFL. Too many younger guys out there to develop into a quality player.
Bump for Mr. Reese....errrrr, I meant juice. :doh:

juice
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
keep telling yourself that, broSo you think Wire has the ability to play DB in the NFL?

Keep telling yourself that Casdhf.

casdhf
08-25-2005, 04:24 PM
So you think Wire has the ability to play DB in the NFL?

Keep telling yourself that Casdhf.

No, they both need to be working at Target, Coy scanning and Reese bagging. What's your point?

juice
08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
No, they both need to be working at Target, Coy scanning and Reese bagging. What's your point?The issue from the beginning was that Wire didn't have what it took to Play the S position in the NFL and that he wouldn't be an effective replacement for Reese if given the chance. That's my point Casdhf.

eee1776
08-25-2005, 04:33 PM
My Last memory of Izell Reese was him coming in late to cover that reciever that won the game for Jax on opening day against us last year. It happned almost in front of me, I guess ten yards is tough to cover anyone...how slow can you be?

casdhf
08-25-2005, 04:35 PM
The issue from the beginning was that Wire didn't have what it took to Play the S position in the NFL and that he wouldn't be an effective replacement for Reese if given the chance. That's my point Casdhf.
Reese played FS, Wire should have stayed at SS. They both suck. We backed two losers.

Tatonka
08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
:roflmao:

nice! everyone should have seen that coming.. parcells is too good a coach to leave a piece of crap like that on the roster.. not having a FS on the field is better than reese.

Michael82
08-25-2005, 04:45 PM
The only one that I regret losing is Pierson Prioleau. He was a solid backup.

Crisis
08-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I'll keep my mouth shut until Coy Wire is in LA giving Playa's friends "full service" and NOT on the roster.

juice
08-25-2005, 04:50 PM
My Last memory of Izell Reese was him coming in late to cover that reciever that won the game for Jax on opening day against us last year. It happned almost in front of me, I guess ten yards is tough to cover anyone...how slow can you be?You were that close and didn't see Coy Wire fall down?

Reese played FS, Wire should have stayed at SS. They both suck. We backed two losers.Reese played in the League for years and was an effective DB.. on the other hand Coy Wire has not shown the ability to play any position on this level.

Wire was too small to play LBer and had no ability to play DB, almost seems like a wasted Draft Pick.. I'll take an aging veteran's experience over an unproven project like Wire anyday. Wire should've been an undrafted FA pickup instead of a 4th rd pick.. you don't use a 4th rd pick on a project type player.

Crisis
08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Reese wasn't effective. He was below average. He was almost solid. By no means should he be considered "effective"

juice
08-25-2005, 04:55 PM
:roflmao:

nice! everyone should have seen that coming.. parcells is too good a coach to leave a piece of crap like that on the roster.. not having a FS on the field is better than reese.What would be even nicer would be if we could get Parcells to take that Draft Bust Coy off of our hands and give us our pick back that we wasted.

Not having a FS on the field was the case when Wire finally got his shot to start at FS.. It was like playing 10 on 11.

Crisis
08-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Can we stop the Wire-Reese arguement?

That's like asking if you wanna be stabbed or shot to death.

Michael82
08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Can we stop the Wire-Reese arguement?

That's like asking if you wanna be stabbed or shot to death.
At least Wire is a solid Special Teams player. Reese just sucks! :ill:

casdhf
08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
:rofl:

I'd take Wire because of his potential. :couch:

juice
08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
At least Wire is a solid Special Teams player. Reese just sucks! :ill:What are you talking about Mikey, Wire was drafted.. A wasted draft pick is what just sucks.

There's a difference between a FA aquisition and a 4th rd draft pick. The reason Wire is still here is because TD doesn't want to take the loss and declare this guy a wasted effort.. a Draft Day 2 Project Bust.

STAMPY
08-25-2005, 05:21 PM
IMO wire sucks too

we should cut him

STAMPY
08-25-2005, 05:21 PM
didn't reese have a few INTs for us?

STAMPY
08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
i don't like either guy. i just am really down on wire due to his covering ability

Michael82
08-25-2005, 05:35 PM
What are you talking about Mikey, Wire was drafted.. A wasted draft pick is what just sucks.

There's a difference between a FA aquisition and a 4th rd draft pick. The reason Wire is still here is because TD doesn't want to take the loss and declare this guy a wasted effort.. a Draft Day 2 Project Bust.
WRONG! Wire is still here because of his special teams ability. He is the Special Teams captain currently. :::

juice
08-25-2005, 06:01 PM
WRONG! Wire is still here because of his special teams ability. He is the Special Teams captain currently. :::Prieleu was as good of a ST player, a better all around athlete, and a much better DB - why isn't he still in Buffalo?

I would argue that Wire is the ST captain because he can play no other position on the field.. Coy is a full time ST player, that is as much of a contribution that his physical abilities allow him to make to the overall team effort.

casdhf
08-25-2005, 06:04 PM
What do you base he was a better all around athlete on? I bet Wire has better numbers in every category.

juice
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
What do you base he was a better all around athlete on? I bet Wire has better numbers in every category.I'll cut to the chase and say PP was a better Football player because the had Better instincts, better tackling ability in that he took currect angles, and he was a ball hawk with a nose for the ball.. PP was a better Football athlete all around.

Meathead
08-25-2005, 06:50 PM
WRONG! Wire is still here because of his special teams ability. He is the Special Teams captain currently. :::
And when he plays defense he's fantastic in run support. If they can teach him to even be adequate at coverage he's low-end starter material, which would be terrific for a backup. Right now that's a big "if" though.

The_Philster
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Same place FTP went. Under the Homer Rock! They'll show up the 1st time Buffalo loses a game to rub it in our face but sooner or later they'll leave again since their respective teams are going nowhere this year.PT..which I would imagine is Philosophical Troll was :banned:

Tatonka
08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
i still cant believe reese didnt kill himself when he got benched for wire at FS.. :roflmao:

Novacane
08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Dude, Reese had more ability and instincts at the Safety position than Wire will ever have and Wire's still listed as a DB for the Bills.

dude.....they both suck.

STAMPY
08-25-2005, 08:55 PM
dude.....they both suck.

:bf1: