Did you just see that catch by Matt Jones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Did you just see that catch by Matt Jones?

in the atlanta/jacksonville game.. matt jones just made a one handed stab that was remenisent of one he made in the senior bowl practice that has been aired 100 times... man i still really wish we had got that kid somehow.. he is gonna be sick.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Did you just see that catch by Matt Jones?

I know, just think what MM could do with him
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
      in the atlanta/jacksonville game.. matt jones just made a one handed stab that was remenisent of one he made in the senior bowl practice that has been aired 100 times... man i still really wish we had got that kid somehow.. he is gonna be sick.
      That catch was amazing!
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

He would definitely be better than Tory Woodbury for our slash.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

That catch was sick, I saw it on SC. I knew there had to be a thread about it when I came in to work this morning!

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

They relayed that catch about 20 times during the game yesterday. It was truly amazing. For his size that kid is going to be special.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

I took Matt in my Fantasy league - just in case. I already had good WRs and needed backup - I felt he would be a good sleeper prospect...just got Stephen Davis as a backup RB too. I'm liking my team so far. Still have 2 or 3 more picks left...

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                ... man i still really wish we had got that kid somehow.. he is gonna be sick.
                I'm with you... I would have given our 2nd and 3rd for him. He would have made a great slot receiver and an exceptional replacement for EMO when the time came... Not to mention his "slash" capabilities.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Look Matt Jones has a lot of tools but I just do not think he is going to be a TO or EMO or rice. I think he is going to be a Drew Bennet clone and that is it. You have to understand that just because you can run in shorts and in a straight line that does not make you some sort of great football player. Football is played with pads on you never run in straight line, well to at least get the ball. I just think that the smaller corners will be able to adjust to his cuts and get under him and break the pass up. That catch never would have happend if the CB would have played the ball instead of trying to get the pick. Look even if he was on the bills I still would say the same things, I would much rather have a faster elusive parrish than him.

Plus that kid is no way 250 lol, he is so skinny it is not even funny.

The Fox

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Drew Bennett can't run like that.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DesertFox24
                      • Jul 2005

Straight line speed is so overrated in a football game. The cone drill is what matters, people think the 40 means something, it means squat people. Comparing him to Drew Bennet is actually a compliment anyway, Drew is a solid WR that catches the ball; however, I think Drew runs better routes and has a better cut in his route than Matt will ever have. I would be saying the same things if the bills drafted him. His only advantage is in the red zone just like Mike aka Keyshawn reborn Williams.

The Fox

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                        Straight line speed is so overrated in a football game. The cone drill is what matters, people think the 40 means something, it means squat people. Comparing him to Drew Bennet is actually a compliment anyway, Drew is a solid WR that catches the ball; however, I think Drew runs better routes and has a better cut in his route than Matt will ever have. I would be saying the same things if the bills drafted him. His only advantage is in the red zone just like Mike aka Keyshawn reborn Williams.

The Fox
                        This is true, but it still shouldn't be understated. There is nobody is going to be able to out jump him in the endzone...He's 6'5" and jumps 40" into the air. With his long hands, he probably clears 12-13 ft in the air. It's easy to just plop a ball over him and just let him go up and grab it. Most CBs or even a LB will have to commit a pass interference to stop him getting the ball. If used right both he and Mike Williams can be very effective!!!

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

big time catch, and that guy should be a good player.

does anyone think he will be as good as lee evans? i don't think he will come close to lee.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                            • Mar 2004

I would think Matt Jones would have decent cut and curve skills because he played basketball and was very good at it. Those skills are pretty necessary in basketball.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

It was a nice one handed stab, but it wasn't that amazing, I've seen better one handed diving catches a million times.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X