PDA

View Full Version : Gandy

northernbillfan
08-26-2005, 04:52 AM
Think he can do it?

Toughest shoes in the league to fill and he's a former second stringer.

Do you think he has what it takes?

I think he's one of these guys who realizes this is his last shot to prove to the league that he's a name to remember and not an underclassman. He's going to have one heck of a year. IMHO.

YardRat
08-26-2005, 05:39 AM
I'll wait to reserve judgement until I see him play a full 60 minutes. I'm still not convinced he's the answer at LT.

Gunzlingr
08-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Gandy's dandy, but liquor's quicker.

don137
08-26-2005, 07:36 AM
I don't think Gandy will be a stud but I think he will become an adequate left tackle in this league but it is still too soon to tell for sure. It sounds like he has come a long way since the start of training camp. Realistically he could become as good as Jonas Jennings but with a much lower price tag.

Pride
08-26-2005, 08:13 AM
I think Gandy will be the product of a strong lineman next to him and a solid game plan that doesnt expose his weaknesses.

If he can just be average, we will be fine. We have a couple of studs on our line.. very few teams have a stud at every position (steelers being the only one that comes to mind).

Tatonka
08-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Well, i was a big crtic of the move to leave our left side up to an unproven, injury prone guy like Gandy, but he has done nothing in the preseason thus far to make me overly concerned.. in fact, i have been impressed with most of what i have seen, but i had very low expectations, so it wasnt hard for him to improve his status in my mind.

like yardrat said.. i will reserve judgement until i see him play 60 minutes.. all it takes is one bad play to get our qb killed.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2005, 10:41 AM
There will be a good test tonight. Brown and Oguinlye are good DE's.

Jan Reimers
08-26-2005, 11:08 AM
I think Gandy will be the product of a strong lineman next to him and a solid game plan that doesnt expose his weaknesses.

If he can just be average, we will be fine. We have a couple of studs on our line.. very few teams have a stud at every position (steelers being the only one that comes to mind).
I agree, because I think Jonas Jennings was only a slightly better-than-average LT who was injury prone. Gandy just needs to stay healthy (which is a major concern, considering his history) and be the solid performer he has been so far in preseason.

Mahdi
08-26-2005, 11:44 AM
What I like about Gandy is that he is an athletic tackle. From what I have seen (against KGB) he is not susceptable to speed rushes and quick DE's. That will be to his advantage when he goes up against guys like Talyor and Abraham. Along with McNally's coaching I dont see why he cant become a solid LT.

casdhf
08-26-2005, 11:47 AM
We haven't called his name much, if at all this preseason. That's good enough for me.

ddaryl
08-26-2005, 12:15 PM
IMO Jonas Jennings is one of the most overrated linemen in the league, and gandy will have little trouble replacing JJ

FlyingDutchman
08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
IMO Jonas Jennings is one of the most overrated linemen in the league, and gandy will have little trouble replacing JJ
I agree, Jennings is and was overrated. So far IMO, Gandy has done well. I still want to see him for a full game and against the good DE's, but so far he has eased my fears a little.

G. Host
08-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Think he can do it?
Toughest shoes in the league to fill and he's a former second stringer.

Shoes were pretty broken in (Price did as good as job as Jennings, often better) so they were not very tough, he has a mobile vs immobile QB and he was NOT a former 2nd stringer, he was a 3rd round pick and a starter who got demoted after he got hurt with a new coach.

I think he will start slow but get better as season progresses. Villarrial and Williams side will be stronger (and JP seems to prefer to scramble/bootleg right) but considering whole left side of line is new it is not surprising.