• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Umm, as much as I like Haddad

Sorry, but despite reports to the contrary, Josh Reed is our #3 as long as Parrish is hurt. Josh Reed, unfortunately, is a better WR than Haddad is today. Haddad has better upside and certainly isnt as streaky as Reed. But, Haddad has only faced off against 2nd or 3rd stringers and Reed has primarily played versus 1st and 2nd stringers.

Dont get me wrong, Haddad has been my sleeper player from the start. I love the kid and think he plays will lots of heart. But, the Bills who could be battling for a playoff spot later in the year, can ill afford to make a risky move on the number 3 WR spot. If Haddad falls flat on his face, whos left? Parrish is hurt, Wilson looks good but is green, and Reed may be let go outright if he doesnt win the #3 spot.

Overall, Id rather keep Reed as the #3 for now and keep Haddad as the #4, if Haddad wins the #3 spot so be it. And when Parrish comes back, take a long look at cutting Reed outright.

• don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Umm, as much as I like Haddad

I disagree. I think Reed has more upside than Haddad. Haddad does not make nearly as many mistakes as Reed and is much more reliable. What you see is what you get from Haddad. He is very dependable but Reed is not. Reed has more talent though. You don't know what you are going to get with Reed. He has a big upside but the problem is he makes way too many errors and can not be relied upon. I don't want JP going to him on third down. He may make the team but he does not deserve it. He has failed too many times when the opportunity came.
    The problem is Aiken is not reliable either. I think Reed will make the team due to the injury to Parrish and I agree he may be the 3rd receiver until Parrish comes back but I think Haddad deserves it.

Comment

• buffalofan19
      God's gift to the Zone
      • Dec 2004

Haddad has played with the first string on 3 wide receiver sets. He actually made a catch for a first down in the first series. I know it isn't much, but jp-era said Haddad only got time with the second stringers. That just isn't true.
      Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
      Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
      Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
      Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
      Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
      Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
      Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
      Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

I think we will see more of Haddad with the first team O this weekend... its only fair to see what he can do.. he has earned a right to at least show what he has!

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pride
          I think we will see more of Haddad with the first team O this weekend... its only fair to see what he can do.. he has earned a right to at least show what he has!
          The kid can play, he shattered all the WR records at UB (University of Buffalo) I remember watching him play if he can do what he did at UB with the BILLS he'll make this team. http://www.buffalobills.com/team/pla...ayer_id=122579

GO Haddad!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

If I were Mularkey, I'd be using these last 2 games to throughly decide between Reed and Haddad and Aiken/Wilson. The argument about it not being a good idea to have Haddad and Wilson together b'cse of lack of experience does not apply in my opinion. Neither Haddad nor Wilson is a rookie. Haddad has plenty of experience - having bounced around for the last few years and probably moreso than Reed who's only been on 1 team and that's it. Wilson has 1 yr experience and is not small. We keep mentioning that Aiken is big. Yeah, he's 6'2", 204 lbs but he can't catch the ball reliably enough. Wilson is 5'11", 197 lbs and can catch very well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a receive has to catch the ball and that's what we should be judging him on - not whether he would make a good Mr. Atlas contestant.

Mularkey believes in giving people chances, so let's see how they look tonight and next week and see what Mularkey decides...

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
              Sorry, but despite reports to the contrary, Josh Reed is our #3 as long as Parrish is hurt. Josh Reed, unfortunately, is a better WR than Haddad is today. Haddad has better upside and certainly isnt as streaky as Reed. But, Haddad has only faced off against 2nd or 3rd stringers and Reed has primarily played versus 1st and 2nd stringers.

Dont get me wrong, Haddad has been my sleeper player from the start. I love the kid and think he plays will lots of heart. But, the Bills who could be battling for a playoff spot later in the year, can ill afford to make a risky move on the number 3 WR spot. If Haddad falls flat on his face, whos left? Parrish is hurt, Wilson looks good but is green, and Reed may be let go outright if he doesnt win the #3 spot.

Overall, Id rather keep Reed as the #3 for now and keep Haddad as the #4, if Haddad wins the #3 spot so be it. And when Parrish comes back, take a long look at cutting Reed outright.
              Reed is bad. End of discussion. He's going to have a serious case of the dropseys once the season starts. We should just call him Butter-Finger Reed?
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                The kid can play, he shattered all the WR records at UB (University of Buffalo) I remember watching him play if he can do what he did at UB with the BILLS he'll make this team. http://www.buffalobills.com/team/pla...ayer_id=122579

GO Haddad!!!!
                He shattered UB records? He must be good. Only an elite player could shatter records at such a huge football university like UB.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Aiken is gone IMO, and out of th epicture

Reed gets the benefit of experience

Haddad deserves a good hard long look with the starters tonight

Haddad deserves to make this team as it stands now as a #4 or #5 without question IMO

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                    Reed is bad. End of discussion. He's going to have a serious case of the dropseys once the season starts. We should just call him Butter-Finger Reed?
                    End of Discussion?
                    I guess the HC, OC and WR coach are keeping him around because he owes them money? If he is kept around are you saying you know more than the coaches?

If Reed did not have a chance of making roster, Reed would not even be in camp. Donahoe would have cut him like they did with Bobby Shaw. Reed does not look as good as he did in college / first year and coaches are trying to see if it is bad coaching, injuries or some adjustment he needs to make to get back in form but he is still the best blocking WR we have.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

I doubt we'll cut both Aiken and Reed, because they were draft picks, but I say one gets the boot in favor of Haddad and Wilson. (We will keep 6 WRs this year.) So who would you rather have? Reed or AIken?

THis is how I see it.

WR1: Moulds, (Parrish), Haddad
                      WR2: Evans, Aiken/Reed, Wilson

*There is a possibility that we will keep both Aiken and Reed, so that would put Wilson on the PS.
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

I really think we should keep Aiken. He is the best run blocking reciever we have, and having a offense revolved around the run, thats pretty important.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                          Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                          • Mar 2004

I think Aiken needs to go. And no, I really don't feel like providing a reason right now.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                          "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                            End of Discussion?
                            I guess the HC, OC and WR coach are keeping him around because he owes them money? If he is kept around are you saying you know more than the coaches?

If Reed did not have a chance of making roster, Reed would not even be in camp. Donahoe would have cut him like they did with Bobby Shaw. Reed does not look as good as he did in college / first year and coaches are trying to see if it is bad coaching, injuries or some adjustment he needs to make to get back in form but he is still the best blocking WR we have.
                            .....I am saying that he is bad, compared to Haddad. Not saying he doesnt deserve to be at camp.
                            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I agree with the original post. Reed is going to be the #3 receiver. They cannot afford to try anything different right now. I still think everything is up for grabs after that including Haddad even making the team. Haddad has good hands but he is not very fast. I keep hearing how great are depth is at wide receiver but I don't see it. Parrish getting hurt sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X