PDA

View Full Version : wow- our offense SUCKS.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 08:39 PM
It's difficult to tell much from just checking the stats on the Internet, but it looks like our whole offense is struggling. Willis can't run and JP's making bonehead plays, but my guess is the O line has more to do with it than either of them...

I'll comment more after I see the replay on NFL network tomorrow, but I think we're in deep ****. Chicago's defense is good, but not as good as some of the ones we play this year (NE, Atlanta, maybe Miami....).

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 08:41 PM
also what's up with Special teams? 3 penalties and a fumble?

Uncle Jesse
08-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes im watching the game, our offense doesnt look to good at all...

JD
08-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Its a battle of the D's. Both offenses are struggling. We had a long catch, they had a long run. Our special teams is still doing great. I think we have them beat in the air, have to go putting pressure on.

RedEyE
08-26-2005, 08:56 PM
They're just not in a rythem. They've done some good things, and the Bears D is very, very good. With all that, the Bills still had the better team on the field.

JD
08-26-2005, 08:58 PM
They're just not in a rythem. They've done some good things, and the Bears D is very, very good. With all that, the Bills still had the better team on the field.
:bf1: Agreed

:posrep:

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:02 PM

oh good we're better than the Bears. Last year, we were better than the whole NFC West, Cleveland, Cincinatti and Miami- look where it got us. How are we going to fare against the teams with D's as good or better than the Bears but also have offenses?

Based on what I've seen here, I'd say our division record will be 3-3 at best.

RedEyE
08-26-2005, 09:07 PM
oh good we're better than the Bears. Last year, we were better than the whole NFC West, Cleveland, Cincinatti and Miami- look where it got us. How are we going to fare against the teams with D's as good or better than the Bears but also have offenses?

Based on what I've seen here, I'd say our division record will be 3-3 at best.
How 'bout you stop your whining. You've already stated that you're not watching the game, so it's obviously apparent that you are unaware of how well the Bears defense has played tonight.

So what...the Bills 1st squad, most of them fresh in their careers had some hiccups in a preseason game. Boo hoo. They're still freaking winning.

It's going to happen. Until this team gets some experience under its belt, you had better expect to see alot more of it.

I just don't understand how some of you expect a team to explode from nothing. They've had to regroup the offense this season and are currently working the kinks out.

JD
08-26-2005, 09:09 PM
How 'bout you stop your whining. You've already stated that you're not watching the game, so it's obviously apparent that you are unaware of how well the Bears defense has played tonight.

So what...the Bills 1st squad, most of them fresh in their careers had some hiccups in a preseason game. Boo hoo. They're still freaking winning.

It's going to happen. Until this team gets some experience under its belt, you had better expect to see alot more of it.

I just don't understand how some of you expect a team to explode from nothing. They've had to regroup the offense this season and are currently working the kinks out.
:hail:redeye

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1:

:posrep:

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:11 PM

it's called "years of frustration". The first two preseason games raised some concerns but overall, they weren't horrible. This game was horrible. The offense is playing the same way they did during the first four games of last year, and during all of 2003 and the last 8 games of 2002. At what point exactly are we supposed to improve? I'm not expecting the K-gun, but I'd love to be able to average more than 2.3 YPC and maybe not have two runs for -7 yards and only one pass play over 10 yards that came in a no-huddle situation.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
or, to put it another way- we're a running team that still can't run against any above-average defense.

JD
08-26-2005, 09:15 PM
it's called "years of frustration". The first two preseason games raised some concerns but overall, they weren't horrible. This game was horrible. The offense is playing the same way they did during the first four games of last year, and during all of 2003 and the last 8 games of 2002. At what point exactly are we supposed to improve? I'm not expecting the K-gun, but I'd love to be able to average more than 2.3 YPC and maybe not have two runs for -7 yards and only one pass play over 10 yards that came in a no-huddle situation.
Your not even watching the game, and we are still winning the game, why are you STILL crying?

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Your not even watching the game, and we are still winning the game, why are you STILL crying?
because we're less than a touchdown in the lead due to a MISSED EXTRA POINT. You can't tell me you're happy with that. So we played well enough to have a 6 point lead against Chicago- if we were playing NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, the Jets or any of the other potential playoff opponents, we'd be losing 17-0 right now.

I'm not satisfied with a 6 point halftime lead over a mediocre NFC team (which means they'd be horrible in the AFC).

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Op..serious question...whose coaching staff do you think is better overall...ours or the Bears'?

RedEyE
08-26-2005, 09:20 PM
it's called "years of frustration". The first two preseason games raised some concerns but overall, they weren't horrible. This game was horrible. The offense is playing the same way they did during the first four games of last year, and during all of 2003 and the last 8 games of 2002. At what point exactly are we supposed to improve? I'm not expecting the K-gun, but I'd love to be able to average more than 2.3 YPC and maybe not have two runs for -7 yards and only one pass play over 10 yards that came in a no-huddle situation.Oh I'm with you man. I have had enough with losing season after season. I want to be able to wear my jersey in public and be respected rather than ridiculed. I'm tired of the jeers about 4 Super Bowl losses.

I have to tell you though, tonight, and all preseason I'm seeing a team that is coming into its own. They're rapidly improving and for the first time in a looooooong time I think we might be on to something here.

JP has that "sense" about him. Like so many of the NFL "greats" he has that sixth sense and knows when to get out of the pocket or when to get rid of the ball. he's made some really good decisions tonight and is controlling this Bills offense like a true pro...against an amazing defense I might add. The Bears D is monstourous, nearly mirroring our own.

McGahee is the real deal.

The WR's are perfect for the situation.

Only the OL is less than desireable, and they have actually done a good job this preseason. They could be better, but I actually expected worse.

One thing that is missing - that "connection".

All these young guys have been working on making themselves better. Now they have to work on making the team better. They are trying to connect and are showing some glimpses of just that. When this team finally gets "it"...look out. No one will stop 'em.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Op..serious question...whose coaching staff do you think is better overall...ours or the Bears'?

to be honest, other than the Bears' HC I don't even know who their coaches are. Maybe once I watch the game tomorrow I'll recognize a face or a name. I do think we have an excellent staff- Wyche, Gray and McNally are pretty much as good as they get.

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:26 PM
to be honest, other than the Bears' HC I don't even know who their coaches are. Maybe once I watch the game tomorrow I'll recognize a face or a name. I do think we have an excellent staff- Wyche, Gray and McNally are pretty much as good as they get.Well...personally, I have faith in the gameplanning abilities of Clements and Wyche...I think they'd find ways to exploit the Bears defensive tendencies with an actual gameplan. The lack of gameplanning is why I can't get too upset or excited about preseason performances by the team

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:30 PM
****! Jerry Gray has to be careful with the blitz. That's why you can't use it all the time. :scared:

Orton made our backups look like ****. :ill:

meh- that doesn't really concern me. I think we have good depth on D- most of our 2nd stringers could hold their own if they had to come in and play with the rest of the starters.

Michael82
08-26-2005, 09:37 PM
This thread really pisses me off. The Bears have one of the top defenses in the league, especially now. and if you think they don't....you are :crazy:

The Bills have looked awesome on defense and overall looked sloppy on offense and special teams. But the game has been a sloppy game overall. That's why there is preseason games. They are working their kinks out. I'm pleased with some of what I saw today. The special teams has had some good returns and has been solid at tackling too. But penalties has bothered me.

The offense was very sloppy. I blame the offensive line, but also credit the Bears DL. They manhandled the OL and closed down any holes for Willis to run thru. Willis struggled running overall, but it's preseason and I bet he's not trying that hard. But he had some decent runs too. JP Losman had a decent game IMO and impressed me with his ability to evade the pressure. He got out of many sacks and also made a couple nice plays. Overall, I'm not surprised with how this offense has looked. They played a solid offense and are still trying to gell. That's why they struggled a bit.

But again...unless you have actually watched this game, you can't comment. The team is not as bad as you think. There were some positives. But you have to see the game to catch them. :mad:

Michael82
08-26-2005, 09:44 PM
oh and Op.... Quit having a :fit:

SIMMER DOWN! It's only preseason. :up:

snow1989
08-26-2005, 09:50 PM
I can only listen (on that note, whoever posted the link to the radio station - THANKS!)
- We're going to have some growing pains, especially with a rookie quarterback, expect it....also expect him to make a play or two with his scrambling ability..
- The only thing that has really bothered me is the penalties.....always seems to be a constant for us, almost no matter what year, always drive killers....if we can keep them to a minimum I see a pretty decent year

jmb1099
08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
For those about to have a heart attack...relax...its pre season. We will be ok, the kinks are being worked out. This is what preseason is for, we can't expect to see perfection at this point, but even still we did get a glimpse of the defense and what it is capable of. I used the word glimpse by design...more good stuff to come.

Bert102176
08-26-2005, 10:13 PM
well the Bears do have a good D but also I think our OL is gonna be a big problem cause they aren't very good

vinivedivichi
08-26-2005, 10:19 PM
My impression from seeing the Bears play a few preseason games this year is that they are MUCH improved. While the Pats, Fins, and some other defenses may beat you by scheming, the Bears are about as physical a defense as there is. It really sucks for them that Grossman went down, because the offense was airing it out with him in there.

From the Bills perspective, I wouldn't overreact from the outcome of this game. Even in the regular season this would have been one of those ugly games that you just hope you end up winning.

If you guys thought that the offensive line/Losman were going to slice through good/great defenses, then I guess this is a reality check, but you should have already known that IMO. What you need to realize is that the Bills defense is going to keep them in games like this, so the offense can look ugly and you guys can still win those games. If your offense looks ugly for 16 straight games, we can officially say you guys are playing Wanny ball :).

Losman is going to hurt you guys this year. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented and should develop into a quarterback that will win you guys games, but he's not there yet. He's gonna be able to run for some first downs, but he's also gonna ignore his share of open receivers and make some rookie like mistakes. IMO he needs to play to get the experience, and this is a good year to throw him out there and let him learn the game. Why?? Because your defense is what's going to win you guys games, not your offense. If you guys can get some O-line help, a big #1 or #2 reciever, and Losman develops, next year could be a good year for you guys.

ScottLawrence
08-26-2005, 10:47 PM
oh and Op.... Quit having a :fit:

SIMMER DOWN! It's only preseason. :up:

Thats funny....Because since i've been here, every year someones says that, and ever year we seem to struggle in the regular season with the same things we struggled with during the preseason.(Offensive line play, Quarterback play, offensive production, etc.)

Im not going to say we are DOOMED, but I expected our offensive line to open up the holes no matter what defense they are going up against, and they haven't been doing that so far this preseason.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Well...personally, I have faith in the gameplanning abilities of Clements and Wyche...I think they'd find ways to exploit the Bears defensive tendencies with an actual gameplan. The lack of gameplanning is why I can't get too upset or excited about preseason performances by the team

what scares me is that no amount of game planning overcomes fumbles, missed XP's/FG's, and penalties.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Thats funny....Because since i've been here, every year someones says that, and ever year we seem to struggle in the regular season with the same things we struggled with during the preseason.(Offensive line play, Quarterback play, offensive production, etc.)

Im not going to say we are DOOMED, but I expected our offensive line to open up the holes no matter what defense they are going up against, and they haven't been doing that so far this preseason.

Good post. At least some of us don't have our heads in the sand.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 11:50 PM
My impression from seeing the Bears play a few preseason games this year is that they are MUCH improved. While the Pats, Fins, and some other defenses may beat you by scheming, the Bears are about as physical a defense as there is. It really sucks for them that Grossman went down, because the offense was airing it out with him in there.

From the Bills perspective, I wouldn't overreact from the outcome of this game. Even in the regular season this would have been one of those ugly games that you just hope you end up winning.

If you guys thought that the offensive line/Losman were going to slice through good/great defenses, then I guess this is a reality check, but you should have already known that IMO. What you need to realize is that the Bills defense is going to keep them in games like this, so the offense can look ugly and you guys can still win those games. If your offense looks ugly for 16 straight games, we can officially say you guys are playing Wanny ball :).

Losman is going to hurt you guys this year. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented and should develop into a quarterback that will win you guys games, but he's not there yet. He's gonna be able to run for some first downs, but he's also gonna ignore his share of open receivers and make some rookie like mistakes. IMO he needs to play to get the experience, and this is a good year to throw him out there and let him learn the game. Why?? Because your defense is what's going to win you guys games, not your offense. If you guys can get some O-line help, a big #1 or #2 reciever, and Losman develops, next year could be a good year for you guys.

good, well-informed post. Stick around- we welcome fans of other teams when they want to talk football instead of smack.

Drive 4 Five
08-27-2005, 12:08 AM

What do you mean every year since you've been here? You've been here less than two years.

My take on the season is that we will continue to rough up teams like the Dolphins, Bengals, Jets, yada yada yada. However, when we play the top tier defenses LIKE CHICAGO we are going to struggle to score no doubt. Our defense and special teams are going to have to win those games for us. But don't worry, this team WILL, at least, and I emphasize least,be as good as we were last year and last year we had a shot. This year we will have another chance. That said, I like our chances with Losman over Bledsoe. I'll take that **** any mother ****ing day of the week.

Tinboy
08-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Last time I check we where 2-1 in the pre-season.

cordog
08-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Well...personally, I have faith in the gameplanning abilities of Clements and Wyche...I think they'd find ways to exploit the Bears defensive tendencies with an actual gameplan. The lack of gameplanning is why I can't get too upset or excited about preseason performances by the team

Thank you Phil. This is why the preseason to me is a joke, I wouldnt get too fired up if the Bills would have won 49-0 and i wouldnt get too down if they lost 49-0. BTW, the Steelers lost tonight, and Big Ben didnt look too hot. I guess the Steelers will be in the basement this season right along side of the Bills.

Samphin1
08-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Oy vey. IT IS PRESEASON! teams sometimes look out of sync. Hell, Miami used all of 2004 for as preseason and they still looked out of sync!

I wouldn't judge anything permanently from a preseason game. Had this been a real game more adjustments might have been made, more game planning ( I don't doubt there was some ) would have been done, more...wait...why am I consolingBiils fans? You guys are screwed and this game proves it....whew almost lost my phins membership there.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2005, 02:20 AM

Good post. At least some of us don't have our heads in the sand.
Very soon the JPD will be on duty. :chuk:

In all seriousness though....this is the same thing we've been seeing ever since 1999.

The_Philster
08-27-2005, 04:10 AM
what scares me is that no amount of game planning overcomes fumbles, missed XP's/FG's, and penalties.Fumbles and penalties worry me
The missed extra point...I think shows that Dorenbos gets another year because the snaps have to be better
the missed FG...was 46 yards...no one hits everything from that range