• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

wow- our offense SUCKS.

It's difficult to tell much from just checking the stats on the Internet, but it looks like our whole offense is struggling. Willis can't run and JP's making bonehead plays, but my guess is the O line has more to do with it than either of them...

I'll comment more after I see the replay on NFL network tomorrow, but I think we're in deep ****. Chicago's defense is good, but not as good as some of the ones we play this year (NE, Atlanta, maybe Miami....).
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: wow- our offense SUCKS.

also what's up with Special teams? 3 penalties and a fumble?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
      • Sep 2004

Yes im watching the game, our offense doesnt look to good at all...

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Its a battle of the D's. Both offenses are struggling. We had a long catch, they had a long run. Our special teams is still doing great. I think we have them beat in the air, have to go putting pressure on.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

They're just not in a rythem. They've done some good things, and the Bears D is very, very good. With all that, the Bills still had the better team on the field.

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
            They're just not in a rythem. They've done some good things, and the Bears D is very, very good. With all that, the Bills still had the better team on the field.
            Agreed

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

oh good we're better than the Bears. Last year, we were better than the whole NFC West, Cleveland, Cincinatti and Miami- look where it got us. How are we going to fare against the teams with D's as good or better than the Bears but also have offenses?

Based on what I've seen here, I'd say our division record will be 3-3 at best.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                oh good we're better than the Bears. Last year, we were better than the whole NFC West, Cleveland, Cincinatti and Miami- look where it got us. How are we going to fare against the teams with D's as good or better than the Bears but also have offenses?

Based on what I've seen here, I'd say our division record will be 3-3 at best.
                How 'bout you stop your whining. You've already stated that you're not watching the game, so it's obviously apparent that you are unaware of how well the Bears defense has played tonight.

So what...the Bills 1st squad, most of them fresh in their careers had some hiccups in a preseason game. Boo hoo. They're still freaking winning.

It's going to happen. Until this team gets some experience under its belt, you had better expect to see alot more of it.

I just don't understand how some of you expect a team to explode from nothing. They've had to regroup the offense this season and are currently working the kinks out.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

How 'bout you stop your whining. You've already stated that you're not watching the game, so it's obviously apparent that you are unaware of how well the Bears defense has played tonight.

So what...the Bills 1st squad, most of them fresh in their careers had some hiccups in a preseason game. Boo hoo. They're still freaking winning.

It's going to happen. Until this team gets some experience under its belt, you had better expect to see alot more of it.

I just don't understand how some of you expect a team to explode from nothing. They've had to regroup the offense this season and are currently working the kinks out.
                  redeye

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

it's called "years of frustration". The first two preseason games raised some concerns but overall, they weren't horrible. This game was horrible. The offense is playing the same way they did during the first four games of last year, and during all of 2003 and the last 8 games of 2002. At what point exactly are we supposed to improve? I'm not expecting the K-gun, but I'd love to be able to average more than 2.3 YPC and maybe not have two runs for -7 yards and only one pass play over 10 yards that came in a no-huddle situation.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

or, to put it another way- we're a running team that still can't run against any above-average defense.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

it's called "years of frustration". The first two preseason games raised some concerns but overall, they weren't horrible. This game was horrible. The offense is playing the same way they did during the first four games of last year, and during all of 2003 and the last 8 games of 2002. At what point exactly are we supposed to improve? I'm not expecting the K-gun, but I'd love to be able to average more than 2.3 YPC and maybe not have two runs for -7 yards and only one pass play over 10 yards that came in a no-huddle situation.
                        Your not even watching the game, and we are still winning the game, why are you STILL crying?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                          Your not even watching the game, and we are still winning the game, why are you STILL crying?
                          because we're less than a touchdown in the lead due to a MISSED EXTRA POINT. You can't tell me you're happy with that. So we played well enough to have a 6 point lead against Chicago- if we were playing NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, the Jets or any of the other potential playoff opponents, we'd be losing 17-0 right now.

I'm not satisfied with a 6 point halftime lead over a mediocre NFC team (which means they'd be horrible in the AFC).
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Op..serious question...whose coaching staff do you think is better overall...ours or the Bears'?
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Oh I'm with you man. I have had enough with losing season after season. I want to be able to wear my jersey in public and be respected rather than ridiculed. I'm tired of the jeers about 4 Super Bowl losses.

I have to tell you though, tonight, and all preseason I'm seeing a team that is coming into its own. They're rapidly improving and for the first time in a looooooong time I think we might be on to something here.

JP has that "sense" about him. Like so many of the NFL "greats" he has that sixth sense and knows when to get out of the pocket or when to get rid of the ball. he's made some really good decisions tonight and is controlling this Bills offense like a true pro...against an amazing defense I might add. The Bears D is monstourous, nearly mirroring our own.

McGahee is the real deal.

The WR's are perfect for the situation.

Only the OL is less than desireable, and they have actually done a good job this preseason. They could be better, but I actually expected worse.

One thing that is missing - that "connection".

All these young guys have been working on making themselves better. Now they have to work on making the team better. They are trying to connect and are showing some glimpses of just that. When this team finally gets "it"...look out. No one will stop 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X