If this team wants to contend for a playoff spot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sba
    • Dec 2004

If this team wants to contend for a playoff spot...

It's plainly obvious that Mularkey needs to start Holcomb. Losman is flat out not ready to play in the NFL.

I see people saying that Willis hasn't done squat, and there's a good reason for that...he's getting killed because the Bears know Losman can't make plays with his arm.

I'm done with the JP experiment, you've got two years tops left with this defense and special teams the way it is. There's no reason to blow this year to make Donahoe look good for trading up to get JP. If Mularkey wants this team to win, he's got to make the switch.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: If this team wants to contend for a playoff spot...

Originally posted by sba
    It's plainly obvious that Mularkey needs to start Holcomb. Losman is flat out not ready to play in the NFL.

I see people saying that Willis hasn't done squat, and there's a good reason for that...he's getting killed because the Bears know Losman can't make plays with his arm.

I'm done with the JP experiment, you've got two years tops left with this defense and special teams the way it is. There's no reason to blow this year to make Donahoe look good for trading up to get JP. If Mularkey wants this team to win, he's got to make the switch.
    Worst post I have ever seen.

The kid has played 3 preseason games.

Your acting like this is regular season or a game to put us in the playoffs....

Jumping the gun a little? Hes basically a rookie.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

if this team wants to contend for a playoff spot....

they should go back in time and find a way to get a decent O line. We heard the same excuse with Bledsoe last year- "the D has an advantage against the run because they don't have to respect the pass". Did it ever occur to anyone that our O-line BLOWS and TD has done nothing to improve it? Adding Anderson and Gandy but losing JJ is at best a push. It's time we stopped letting the O line off the hook with this "defense playing the run" excuse.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sba

Disagree, what JP is lacking is experience, this is just PREseason, keep him in there! This sounds like one of those sloppy games that happen, I'm only catching small parts of the game on NFL Network, but you've got to keep JP in there. JPD!

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

The JP experiment hasn't even started yet...it's still preseason
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HeadSquad69
            Internet Grammar Police reporting for duty!!!
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sba

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

We are looking at an extremely young offense. It's going to take some time for this team to find some rythem. However, as young as they are, the talent level on this offense is immense! They have the potential to do some great things for years to come.

Comment

• sba
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                Worst post I have ever seen.

The kid has played 3 preseason games.

Your acting like this is regular season or a game to put us in the playoffs....

Jumping the gun a little? Hes basically a rookie.
                Other than him making a few plays with his feet, what exactly has you confident about him??

He's jittery in the pocket.

50% of the time he goes downfield, a WR has to leap 3 feet in the air to catch the ball.

He has 0 patience in the pocket.

He can't do this in the PRESEASON. Which means when the bullets fly, and teams actually gameplan for us, he's going to be screwed.

Everyone needs to take a small step back from the JP Losman/Bills Hype Machine Kool Aid dispenser and realize that he's not the almighty savior we've been hearing about all summer.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

teams gameplanning for us in the regular season...yeah...but did you forget that we gameplan for opponents as well? Clements and Wyche are a pair of coaches I have a lot of faith in
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sba

Everyone needs to take a small step back from the JP Losman/Bills Hype Machine Kool Aid dispenser and realize that he's not the almighty savior we've been hearing about all summer.
                    he doesn't have to be a savior- he just has to be average and the rest of our team can take it from there. Unfortunately when the running game SUCKS and special teams is average like tonight, we're in deep ****.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sba
                      Other than him making a few plays with his feet, what exactly has you confident about him??

He's jittery in the pocket.

50% of the time he goes downfield, a WR has to leap 3 feet in the air to catch the ball.

He has 0 patience in the pocket.

He can't do this in the PRESEASON. Which means when the bullets fly, and teams actually gameplan for us, he's going to be screwed.

"The almighty Savior"
                      Every player starts somewhere 3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter

EDITED FOR TOS
                      Last edited by Dozerdog; 08-26-2005, 11:37 PM.
                      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

If anyone thought that a rookie signalcaller was gonna be a savior in his first year starting...they need to go commit themselves to the funny farm

Comment

• sba
                          • Dec 2004

"The almighty Savior"
                          Every player starts somewhere *******....3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter
                          I'm not ready to put his head on a platter, but we're taking a big step back from the progress we made last season by turning the offense over to him.

Trust me, I want nothing more than for him to prove me wrong. I'm just not at all encouraged by what I've seen in these three games and the scrimmage.

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

"The almighty Savior"
                            Every player starts somewhere jackass....3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter
                            attack the post not the poster
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

"The almighty Savior"Every player starts somewhere jackass....3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter
                              attack the post not the poster...there are enough holes in his arguments so far that there are plenty of targets without personal attacks

Comment

Working...
                              X