PDA

View Full Version : If this team wants to contend for a playoff spot...

sba
08-26-2005, 08:54 PM
It's plainly obvious that Mularkey needs to start Holcomb. Losman is flat out not ready to play in the NFL.

I see people saying that Willis hasn't done squat, and there's a good reason for that...he's getting killed because the Bears know Losman can't make plays with his arm.

I'm done with the JP experiment, you've got two years tops left with this defense and special teams the way it is. There's no reason to blow this year to make Donahoe look good for trading up to get JP. If Mularkey wants this team to win, he's got to make the switch.

JD
08-26-2005, 08:57 PM
It's plainly obvious that Mularkey needs to start Holcomb. Losman is flat out not ready to play in the NFL.

I see people saying that Willis hasn't done squat, and there's a good reason for that...he's getting killed because the Bears know Losman can't make plays with his arm.

I'm done with the JP experiment, you've got two years tops left with this defense and special teams the way it is. There's no reason to blow this year to make Donahoe look good for trading up to get JP. If Mularkey wants this team to win, he's got to make the switch.

Worst post I have ever seen.

The kid has played 3 preseason games.
:lmao:

Your acting like this is regular season or a game to put us in the playoffs.... :lol:

Jumping the gun a little? Hes basically a rookie.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 08:58 PM
if this team wants to contend for a playoff spot....

they should go back in time and find a way to get a decent O line. We heard the same excuse with Bledsoe last year- "the D has an advantage against the run because they don't have to respect the pass". Did it ever occur to anyone that our O-line BLOWS and TD has done nothing to improve it? Adding Anderson and Gandy but losing JJ is at best a push. It's time we stopped letting the O line off the hook with this "defense playing the run" excuse.

im4bflo
08-26-2005, 09:00 PM

Disagree, what JP is lacking is experience, this is just PREseason, keep him in there! This sounds like one of those sloppy games that happen, I'm only catching small parts of the game on NFL Network, but you've got to keep JP in there. JPD!

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:01 PM
The JP experiment hasn't even started yet...it's still preseason

HeadSquad69
08-26-2005, 09:01 PM

:negrep:

RedEyE
08-26-2005, 09:02 PM
We are looking at an extremely young offense. It's going to take some time for this team to find some rythem. However, as young as they are, the talent level on this offense is immense! They have the potential to do some great things for years to come.

sba
08-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Worst post I have ever seen.

The kid has played 3 preseason games.
:lmao:

Your acting like this is regular season or a game to put us in the playoffs.... :lol:

Jumping the gun a little? Hes basically a rookie.
Other than him making a few plays with his feet, what exactly has you confident about him??

He's jittery in the pocket.

50% of the time he goes downfield, a WR has to leap 3 feet in the air to catch the ball.

He has 0 patience in the pocket.

He can't do this in the PRESEASON. Which means when the bullets fly, and teams actually gameplan for us, he's going to be screwed.

Everyone needs to take a small step back from the JP Losman/Bills Hype Machine Kool Aid dispenser and realize that he's not the almighty savior we've been hearing about all summer.

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
teams gameplanning for us in the regular season...yeah...but did you forget that we gameplan for opponents as well? Clements and Wyche are a pair of coaches I have a lot of faith in

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Everyone needs to take a small step back from the JP Losman/Bills Hype Machine Kool Aid dispenser and realize that he's not the almighty savior we've been hearing about all summer.
he doesn't have to be a savior- he just has to be average and the rest of our team can take it from there. Unfortunately when the running game SUCKS and special teams is average like tonight, we're in deep ****.

JD
08-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Other than him making a few plays with his feet, what exactly has you confident about him??

He's jittery in the pocket.

50% of the time he goes downfield, a WR has to leap 3 feet in the air to catch the ball.

He has 0 patience in the pocket.

He can't do this in the PRESEASON. Which means when the bullets fly, and teams actually gameplan for us, he's going to be screwed.

Everyone needs to take a small step back from the JP Losman/Bills Hype Machine Kool Aid dispenser and realize that he's not the almighty savior we've been hearing about all summer."The almighty Savior"
Every player starts somewhere 3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter :loser:

EDITED FOR TOS

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:06 PM
If anyone thought that a rookie signalcaller was gonna be a savior in his first year starting...they need to go commit themselves to the funny farm :crazy:

sba
08-26-2005, 09:07 PM
"The almighty Savior"
Every player starts somewhere *******....3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter :loser:
I'm not ready to put his head on a platter, but we're taking a big step back from the progress we made last season by turning the offense over to him.

Trust me, I want nothing more than for him to prove me wrong. I'm just not at all encouraged by what I've seen in these three games and the scrimmage.

Bufftp
"The almighty Savior"
Every player starts somewhere jackass....3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter :loser:
attack the post not the poster

The_Philster
"The almighty Savior"Every player starts somewhere jackass....3 games and your ready to put his head on a platter :loser:attack the post not the poster...there are enough holes in his arguments so far that there are plenty of targets without personal attacks

sba
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
attack the post not the poster...there are enough holes in his arguments so far that there are plenty of targets without personal attacks
There are holes in my arguments??

Ask Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, or especially Willis McGahee how this is effecting the offense. I bet none of them are particularly thrilled right now. Lee and Eric aren't getting the ball, Willis has 15 guys on him the second he touches it.

The kid needs to show somebody he can make plays with his arm.

JD
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm not ready to put his head on a platter, but we're taking a big step back from the progress we made last season by turning the offense over to him.

Trust me, I want nothing more than for him to prove me wrong. I'm just not at all encouraged by what I've seen in these three games and the scrimmage.
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT?
HOLY CRAP, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS CASE OF TUNNELVISION. Im assuming you sit at home and marvel at Big Bens performance last year. Players like him are one in a million and if it wasnt for his outstanding O-line he wouldnt have looked as godly as he did last year.

Give the kid some time man, jesus christ.

sba
08-26-2005, 09:15 PM
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT?
HOLY CRAP, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS CASE OF TUNNELVISION. Im assuming you sit at home and marvel at Big Bens performance last year. Players like him are one in a million and if it wasnt for his outstanding O-line he wouldnt have looked as godly as he did last year.

Give the kid some time man, jesus christ.
How much time should we give him, with the defense and special teams we have right now is the question. If this project takes two years we'll be without Fletcher, Milloy, Vincent, Posey, Adams and possibly Clements.

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:15 PM
let's see
No one is gameplanning...we'd find ways to take advantage of Bears' defensive tendencies in the regular season...right now we're just basically running plays
A rookie QB is expected to have growing pains..talking about throwing in the towel is pathetic...what would've happened had we thrown in the towel after SB XXV? :cynic: The Bills DON'T throw in the towel...especially 3 preseason games in

JD
08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
let's see
No one is gameplanning...we'd find ways to take advantage of Bears' defensive tendencies in the regular season...right now we're just basically running plays
A rookie QB is expected to have growing pains..talking about throwing in the towel is pathetic...what would've happened had we thrown in the towel after SB XXV? :cynic: The Bills DON'T throw in the towel...especially 3 preseason games in
:hail:philster

sba
08-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I wish he looked half as sharp as Orton did on that drive. :(

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:30 PM
I wish he looked half as sharp as Orton did on that drive. :(Yeah...but unfortunately, JP had to play against the Bears starters...not the backups

RedEyE
08-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah...but unfortunately, JP had to play against the Bears starters...not the backups
Excellent experience for him.

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Excellent experience for him.I know...but sba doesn't seem to ;)

Michael82
08-26-2005, 09:42 PM
it's PRESEASON! :mad:

:boring:

Novacane
08-26-2005, 09:55 PM
I wish I had unlimited neg power. I'd neg you into oblivion for this stupid thread!

sba
08-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I wish I had unlimited neg power. I'd neg you into oblivion for this stupid thread!
So I'm the only person concerned??

HeadSquad69
08-26-2005, 10:00 PM
:sigh:

RedEyE
08-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Kick a field goal *****es!!!

MTBillsFan
08-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Just give him time. Name a QB who hasn't struggled at some point in their first season starting. Big Ben fell way off at the end of the year...thus, the Steelers didn't make the superbowl. Give it a rest about JP. Go drink a beer!

GO BILLS!

Drive 4 Five
08-26-2005, 10:10 PM

I have not watched the game yet, but earlier this week I created a thread called, Chicago's Defense Is A Bear, apparently nobody bothered to read it. This defense is the real deal man. They are easily among the league's best. Any football fan who has watched them before today can see that.

As long as Losman makes good decisions, that is all we can really ask for. Just don't lose the game and he has not done that. Any other expectations at this point are seriously unrealistic. If Holcomb was really the right guy for the job, then he would be starting. Get used to it pal. This is Losman's team.

Bert102176
08-26-2005, 10:19 PM
sba you are way off dude get a grip, geesh

The_Philster
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
So I'm the only person concerned??considering most of us realize that it's just preseason...it's his first year as a starter..you're definitely in the minority...I'm not excited about what I've seen..but I'm hardly disheartened

Iehoshua
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
The JP experiment hasn't even started yet...it's still preseason
Exactly. This thread is the only experiment that's failed.

AndreReed83
08-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Wow, Holcomb will get creamed behind this line. At least Losman CAN create things with his feet. I'd be jittery too if every play I KNEW I had to get rid of the ball in 3 seconds or scramble for my life to make something happen. It's painfully obvious that in order for this team to make the playoffs, the O-line needs to play better and Lindell needs to make his kicks.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2005, 02:25 AM
if this team wants to contend for a playoff spot....

they should go back in time and find a way to get a decent O line. We heard the same excuse with Bledsoe last year- "the D has an advantage against the run because they don't have to respect the pass". Did it ever occur to anyone that our O-line BLOWS and TD has done nothing to improve it? Adding Anderson and Gandy but losing JJ is at best a push. It's time we stopped letting the O line off the hook with this "defense playing the run" excuse.
:up:

Our offensive line is truly offensive.

Historian
08-27-2005, 05:27 AM
I saw Losman make a couple of strides last night.

He ditched the ball when he needed to.

He ran out of bounds when he need to.

He can throw heat when he needs to. The one pass (to Moulds I believe) was a dart in between two defenders, with velocity I have not seen since Elway was in his prime.

He got out of trouble. He makes things happen. That little shovel pass to whomever is evidence of that.

As far as the offense goes, I think Losman is the least of our worries. I was disappointed in the complete lack of a running game.

Yes, it's preseason, but this was the sloppiest game I have seen a Bills team play since Mularkey took over. I don't mind the loss, but I want to see better execution.

And WTF is it about that cursed city of Chicago?

In 8 preseason games there...the Bills have won just ONCE, in 1998, under Wade.

In 4 regular season games, the Bills have NEVER won there.

Is that stadium built on some ancient Indian burial ground or something????

Typ0
08-27-2005, 09:26 AM
I saw Losman make a couple of strides last night.

He ditched the ball when he needed to.

He ran out of bounds when he need to.

He can throw heat when he needs to. The one pass (to Moulds I believe) was a dart in between two defenders, with velocity I have not seen since Elway was in his prime.

He got out of trouble. He makes things happen. That little shovel pass to whomever is evidence of that.

As far as the offense goes, I think Losman is the least of our worries. I was disappointed in the complete lack of a running game.

Yes, it's preseason, but this was the sloppiest game I have seen a Bills team play since Mularkey took over. I don't mind the loss, but I want to see better execution.

And WTF is it about that cursed city of Chicago?

In 8 preseason games there...the Bills have won just ONCE, in 1998, under Wade.

In 4 regular season games, the Bills have NEVER won there.

Is that stadium built on some ancient Indian burial ground or something????

that is hillarious...I'm pretty sure there is some sort of cemetary in the stadium and it's probably native american. There is another field in the back of the stadium and I think it's there because they can't build on it. So that comment is funny.

I was really excited about some things Losman did last night as well. I think these naysayers need to wake up...JP really knows this offense well and we have seen him make adjustments in some areas we were concerned about. There is two weeks. We're going to be fine.

On the comment on the run game...this is one of if not the best D we will face all year. The fact is McGahee constantly turned a two yard loss into two or four yards. You gotta love having that guy in the backfield...and I bet he would have wore their asses down with 30 carries and lit it up in the 4th.