PDA

View Full Version : For the love of God...

Iehoshua
08-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Some of you peeps are posting like we're 0-3 in the regular season. Get a grip.

Novacane
08-26-2005, 10:36 PM
the sky is falling the sky is falling. JP should be looking like Brett Favre by now. He's had 3 freaking games for crying out loud. we are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had Drew Bledsoe back. OH well............... At least we'll be gettinga top 5 pick next year

Iehoshua
08-26-2005, 10:41 PM
the sky is falling the sky is falling. JP should be looking like Brett Favre by now. He's had 3 freaking games for crying out loud. we are doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we had Drew Bledsoe back. OH well............... At least we'll be gettinga top 5 pick next year
We can all hold hands as we jump off the bridge....

dannyek71
08-26-2005, 10:43 PM
ill say this, JP is no warren sapp............

Iehoshua
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
ill say this, JP is no warren sapp............
:whew:

im4bflo
08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
In a weird way, knowing this is preseason, I'm glad they struggled, a good wakeup call, is better than cruising into the season easily.
Now they'll focus more than if they won easily.
We're cool, GO BILLS!

MarvLevy
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
yea but the kicker sucks..now what? preseason or not..he will kill us all..u watch!

7Ralbun
08-26-2005, 11:15 PM
We went 0-4(or was it 0-5?) in the one year we went to the Super Bowl. It is only preseason, so relax.

OpIv37
08-26-2005, 11:36 PM
please- you people can't honestly say that anything about this performance except the starting D made you happy. Even ST didn't live up to the hype. These people who are saying we need to give up on JP are morons, but after what I saw tonight (well, read- I'll see it tomorrow), this can't possibly be our year.

MikeInRoch
08-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Anyone who thought this would be "our year" is an idiot. We will be better this year than last year, but unfortunately, that may not get us a better record, and may not get us into the playoffs.

Tinboy
08-27-2005, 12:10 AM
It's pre-season relax. It's good to lose a game, so you get too cocky. Take a deep breath...

ShadowHawk7
08-27-2005, 12:11 AM
We can all hold hands as we jump off the bridge....
Sweet

cordog
08-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh boy, how did I know I would be seeing this. Okay people, ITS PRESEASON, there is no gameplanning, no studying film, nothing. It means absolutely nothing. Secondly, this is pretty much a rookie quarterback behind center. The offense will struggle from time to time. If you didnt think this stuff would happen when the Bills cut Bledsoe, you need to lay off the crack. The offense will struggle, especially early in the season, but the Bills will be better off in the long run. Big Ben didnt look so hot tonight, does that mean the Steelers wont be a playoff team? Absolutely not. Thank god the Internet wasnt around in the early 90's, we would of had people calling for Marv's head when his teams went 0-4.

jmb1099
08-27-2005, 12:52 AM
We lost a preseason game which means what?
First of all in one sense preseason is meaningless. But in another sense preseason has great value if we remember what it really is which is an extension of training camp. It is obviously not good when mistakes are made, but we have this environment to expose where we are week and affirm where we are strong. Also there is no reason to be "too good" during preseason. Once a play or formation works its done for now, why let the world study it etc.
So yes mistakes were made and yes we need to improve, but again this is what preseason football is all about.

mayotm
08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
please- you people can't honestly say that anything about this performance except the starting D made you happy. Even ST didn't live up to the hype. These people who are saying we need to give up on JP are morons, but after what I saw tonight (well, read- I'll see it tomorrow), this can't possibly be our year.

You're right. The season is over because of a bad pre-season performance. May as well throw in the towel now. They will be lucky to win a game.

The negativety on this board kills me at times. It's a f****** pre-season game. Get over it. Better yet, find a different team to cheer for. We don't need a bunch of whinning fans.

The Spaz
08-27-2005, 07:46 AM
You're right. The season is over because of a bad pre-season performance. May as well throw in the towel now. They will be lucky to win a game.

The negativety on this board kills me at times. It's a f****** pre-season game. Get over it. Better yet, find a different team to cheer for. We don't need a bunch of whinning fans.

:clap:

Novacane
08-27-2005, 07:50 AM
this can't possibly be our year.

Depends on what you define as "our year"

I'm not expecting them to win the super bowl. I do expect them to be just as good as last year and maybe good enough to get a wild card. Teams have bad games.

X-Era
08-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Some of you peeps are posting like we're 0-3 in the regular season. Get a grip.
The ship is gonna suck us down. Keep to the surface and keep kicking. Do not let go of my hand. We're gonna make it Rose. Trust me.

Turf
08-27-2005, 08:17 AM
One thing is for sure, the offensive line still sucks.

Jan Reimers
08-27-2005, 08:18 AM
We lost a preseason game when our 2nd and 3rd string defenders gave up a late touchdown.

I'm giving up my season tickets, cancelling NFL Sunday ticket, and joining a monastery.

Iehoshua
08-27-2005, 08:18 AM
The ship is gonna suck us down. Keep to the surface and keep kicking. Do not let go of my hand. We're gonna make it Rose. Trust me.
I love you Jack...

Novacane
08-27-2005, 08:24 AM
We lost a preseason game when our 2nd and 3rd string defenders gave up a late touchdown.

I'm giving up my season tickets, cancelling NFL Sunday ticket, and joining a monastery.

You can give them to me :D:

X-Era
08-27-2005, 08:25 AM

Hey, can I go with? I like that one at the top of that Mesa thingy, you know where you have to climb up the rope to get to the Monastery? If were gonna get in the sandbox and cry like little kids, why not go to some cool fort like that, it was my childhood dream afterall. How cool would it be to hook our GI Joes onto the rope and lower em down like they are commando's from up there?

X-Era
08-27-2005, 08:27 AM
I love you Jack...
Maybe in a half a century someone will find all of us Billszoners at the bottom of the ocean and make a cool movie about how we hit an iceberg in preseason!

DynaPaul
08-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Please tell me that this entire thread is a joke. There's no way you can get a feel for how the season is going to go from watching these pre-season games.

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 09:39 AM

:clap:

Please tell me that this entire thread is a joke. There's no way you can get a feel for how the season is going to go from watching these pre-season games.

you people are all in for a disappointment. I don't know how you expect all the problems that came to light in this game to magically go away in two weeks.

helmetguy
08-27-2005, 09:46 AM

Nah. Don't do that, Jan. You'll hate the haircut and the food sucks.

X-Era
08-27-2005, 11:12 AM
you people are all in for a disappointment. I don't know how you expect all the problems that came to light in this game to magically go away in two weeks.
OK, lets think about it your way:

Im sitting in front of the TV with the Bears preseason game just about to come on. In front of me I have the Offensive game plan, averages, and stats for last years Colts on O. And on D, im looking at the Ravens and Bills averages; of course looking at who is better at what. Now I start watching the game and take notes on how we are NOT the best team in the world on O and NOT the best team in the world on D.

Now, armed with the evidence that we are not proven SB winners in preseason with 2 new starting o-lineman, a new starting QB, and no game plan. I sit down in front of my computer and type away about how dissappointed we all should be.

With my sarcasm off for a moment, I of course, like any fan, would absolutely LOVE for us to dominate everyone at every phase of the game. However, NEVER has any 1 team dominated every team at all phases of the game. So its completely unrealistic.

Now, if your point is that we are not an even decent team, I must totally disagree. With a below average QB at the helm last year, the exact same D, and exact same special teams we were one below average QB, in one game, away from the playoffs.

So, using my simple math, and yes the game is FAR from simple, all we would need to do is stay the same as far as production in all phases of the game except for QB, and then have a QB who is 1 game better and we are in the playoffs. Would I like alot more? absolutely! And guess what, in my opinion we have alot more! Why do I say that?

Well, lets start with the biggest variable that could make the biggest difference, JP. By most accounts our 1 year old QB is supposed to have came out and either thrown int's in most games so far, not moved the ball much at all, and taken many sacks in most games so far. Well, he has done NONE of that. If you want to see what JP most likely SHOULD have looked like, watch Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, or a variety of other young QB's. Now, thats not the end of the story. As I said before, he needs to be better than Bleedslow to get us into the playoffs. Well, I consider it mission accomplished so far. To date he has taken 2 sacks I believe in 3 games, Bledsoe averaged like 4 sacks A GAME! Bledsoe throw over and under to his WR's all year. I have watched JP overthrow WR's 2, maybe 3 times in 3 games. Rather I have seen the vast majority of his passes be on the money and away from the defenders. Last year, I watched Drew give up sacks that turned into fumbles in 2 games that many would argue sealed the games. 1 was NE, Seymour running it back for a TD, the other I cant remember of hand. Again, JP has done NONE of that so far and in fact has MADE yards when the pocket collapsed by throwing on the run and by running. Point is he absolutely DESTROYS Drew as far as pocket presence goes and Drew is a seasoned vet. I suppose it is possible to regress somehow and get worse when you looks so good so far but I think that is the remotest of possibilities.

So, as far as JP goes, I see absolutely NO reason why he cant get us to the playoffs based on the D and special teams repeating last years performance and furthermore, I see NO reason that a JP lead team cant go DEEP into the playoffs if he continues this pace (which is only a little better than average overall) and that the D and special teams are BETTER than last year. And based on what Ive seen, theres a great chance that will happen.

The other teams we cant control but heres what I see. The Pats have LOST players overall, and have NO O coordinator, also Belicheck hasnt schemed JP yet, he OWNED Bledsoe. The Jets gave up 1 non-playmaking WR for another and havent improved their questionable D much at all from last year. And then theirs the fins who have a Bholemic looking Ricky, a rookie RB, no QB to speak of, and an acient D with their best player (Jason Taylor) moving to a new position.

So why in the hell are we so damn critical of this team and their chances? I just dont see it. It isnt about being perfect at every spot on the team. Its a whole complete package. Its an equation thats always changing. Its who's in our division, what they look like, what the AFC looks like, whats our schedule, what are our terrible weaknesses, can we make them better.

To me, add it all up and we are the sleepers of the NFL this year. No one expects jack squat from JP, he has looked FAR better than a rookie, and only needs to be a touch better than average to get us into the playoffs with our D and ST.

Lighten up, save the extreme criticism for the next few years when we SHOULD expect SB rings!

Sorry so long, but I had to get this off my chest.

Typ0
08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
people are being silly...it was a pre-season game against one of the better defenses we will face...and I saw a few slight adjustments and we're there. First, we need a little more consistency from JP...that will come. We NEED to convert third and short more and we need to scrore TDs when in the red zone. This game was no big disaster people. I saw so many positives. Jeeze the scrubs quite nearly drove down the field at the end and had a shot to win us the game. Seeing them run the offense like that was increadibly exciting to me. They had poise...I have seen teams in week 14 that can't get to the line like that and run a play to spike the ball. This is a well coached and very talented football team. Good things to come...stay tuned!

Jan Reimers
08-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Nah. Don't do that, Jan. You'll hate the haircut and the food sucks.
And they probably don't have Guinness on tap, either. I guess I'll just tough it out and try to avoid that constantly falling sky.

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 01:21 PM
OK, lets think about it your way:

Im sitting in front of the TV with the Bears preseason game just about to come on. In front of me I have the Offensive game plan, averages, and stats for last years Colts on O. And on D, im looking at the Ravens and Bills averages; of course looking at who is better at what. Now I start watching the game and take notes on how we are NOT the best team in the world on O and NOT the best team in the world on D.

Now, armed with the evidence that we are not proven SB winners in preseason with 2 new starting o-lineman, a new starting QB, and no game plan. I sit down in front of my computer and type away about how dissappointed we all should be.

With my sarcasm off for a moment, I of course, like any fan, would absolutely LOVE for us to dominate everyone at every phase of the game. However, NEVER has any 1 team dominated every team at all phases of the game. So its completely unrealistic.

Now, if your point is that we are not an even decent team, I must totally disagree. With a below average QB at the helm last year, the exact same D, and exact same special teams we were one below average QB, in one game, away from the playoffs.

So, using my simple math, and yes the game is FAR from simple, all we would need to do is stay the same as far as production in all phases of the game except for QB, and then have a QB who is 1 game better and we are in the playoffs. Would I like alot more? absolutely! And guess what, in my opinion we have alot more! Why do I say that?

Well, lets start with the biggest variable that could make the biggest difference, JP. By most accounts our 1 year old QB is supposed to have came out and either thrown int's in most games so far, not moved the ball much at all, and taken many sacks in most games so far. Well, he has done NONE of that. If you want to see what JP most likely SHOULD have looked like, watch Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, or a variety of other young QB's. Now, thats not the end of the story. As I said before, he needs to be better than Bleedslow to get us into the playoffs. Well, I consider it mission accomplished so far. To date he has taken 2 sacks I believe in 3 games, Bledsoe averaged like 4 sacks A GAME! Bledsoe throw over and under to his WR's all year. I have watched JP overthrow WR's 2, maybe 3 times in 3 games. Rather I have seen the vast majority of his passes be on the money and away from the defenders. Last year, I watched Drew give up sacks that turned into fumbles in 2 games that many would argue sealed the games. 1 was NE, Seymour running it back for a TD, the other I cant remember of hand. Again, JP has done NONE of that so far and in fact has MADE yards when the pocket collapsed by throwing on the run and by running. Point is he absolutely DESTROYS Drew as far as pocket presence goes and Drew is a seasoned vet. I suppose it is possible to regress somehow and get worse when you looks so good so far but I think that is the remotest of possibilities.

So, as far as JP goes, I see absolutely NO reason why he cant get us to the playoffs based on the D and special teams repeating last years performance and furthermore, I see NO reason that a JP lead team cant go DEEP into the playoffs if he continues this pace (which is only a little better than average overall) and that the D and special teams are BETTER than last year. And based on what Ive seen, theres a great chance that will happen.

The other teams we cant control but heres what I see. The Pats have LOST players overall, and have NO O coordinator, also Belicheck hasnt schemed JP yet, he OWNED Bledsoe. The Jets gave up 1 non-playmaking WR for another and havent improved their questionable D much at all from last year. And then theirs the fins who have a Bholemic looking Ricky, a rookie RB, no QB to speak of, and an acient D with their best player (Jason Taylor) moving to a new position.

So why in the hell are we so damn critical of this team and their chances? I just dont see it. It isnt about being perfect at every spot on the team. Its a whole complete package. Its an equation thats always changing. Its who's in our division, what they look like, what the AFC looks like, whats our schedule, what are our terrible weaknesses, can we make them better.

To me, add it all up and we are the sleepers of the NFL this year. No one expects jack squat from JP, he has looked FAR better than a rookie, and only needs to be a touch better than average to get us into the playoffs with our D and ST.

Lighten up, save the extreme criticism for the next few years when we SHOULD expect SB rings!

Sorry so long, but I had to get this off my chest.

first- we're not the same D. Everyone's a year older and Ron Edwards is no Pat Williams. Second, our schedule is much more difficult this year. We can't expect 4 automatic wins from the NFC like last year. Third, JP has yet to demonstrate that he can throw the long ball. Granted, we don't need or want a 2002-style offense where we air it out every other play, but we're going to need a long ball or two to keep the defense on their toes. And finally, we have a bad o-line with no depth. One injury and it goes from mediocre to terrible and we're back to the 2003 team.

Michael82
08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
first- we're not the same D. Everyone's a year older and Ron Edwards is no Pat Williams. Second, our schedule is much more difficult this year. We can't expect 4 automatic wins from the NFC like last year. Third, JP has yet to demonstrate that he can throw the long ball. Granted, we don't need or want a 2002-style offense where we air it out every other play, but we're going to need a long ball or two to keep the defense on their toes. And finally, we have a bad o-line with no depth. One injury and it goes from mediocre to terrible and we're back to the 2003 team.
1st... this defense is better than last year. Ron Edwards will make you forget Pat.

2nd... Our schedule is not that much more difficult. It's a little tougher, but not by much. :::

3rd... JP Losman has a beautiful long ball. He has demonstrated this several times in camp. I think that Clements is keeping a very vanilla offense so far and he's saving Losman's deep ball for week 1. But let me tell you that once you see it, you'll fall in love with it. :up:

4th... this OL is not that bad. Hell, I've been impressed with an OL that is still gelling, especially on the Left side. I will agree that the depth sucks though. But I bet TD will bring in some final cuts if he feels that need some extra depth. I do like Jason Peters, Ross Tucker, Duke Preston, and Dylan McFarland though. But I agree that they need to get rid of Jerman immediately. :ill:

X-Era
08-27-2005, 02:38 PM
1st... this defense is better than last year. Ron Edwards will make you forget Pat.

2nd... Our schedule is not that much more difficult. It's a little tougher, but not by much. :::

3rd... JP Losman has a beautiful long ball. He has demonstrated this several times in camp. I think that Clements is keeping a very vanilla offense so far and he's saving Losman's deep ball for week 1. But let me tell you that once you see it, you'll fall in love with it. :up:

4th... this OL is not that bad. Hell, I've been impressed with an OL that is still gelling, especially on the Left side. I will agree that the depth sucks though. But I bet TD will bring in some final cuts if he feels that need some extra depth. I do like Jason Peters, Ross Tucker, Duke Preston, and Dylan McFarland though. But I agree that they need to get rid of Jerman immediately. :ill:
1) his over bearing cynical attitude is clouding an otherwise intelligent mind

2) See #1

3) See #2

4) See #3

OP, Fine, you win, the Bills suck.

Mikey, whisper me and us REAL fans can talk! Only thing worse than playa hata's is Bills hata's.

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 04:27 PM

1st- based on what? I've seen NOTHING from Edwards through 3 preseason games. He's not a liability but he's not contributing either.

2nd- We'll see- I think it's gonna be a lot tougher this year

3rd. Camp is camp- I want to see him do it against a good D

4th- you're just wrong. The left side has surprised me because my expectations were so low, but the right side has not been what I expected. Williams missed several blocks, and on one of the running plays #70 (Tucker?) flat out whiffed on a block and McGahee was dropped for a loss.

The_Philster
08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
70 is Teague

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
70 is Teague

thanks

Novacane
08-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Mikey, whisper me and us REAL fans can talk! Only thing worse than playa hata's is Bills hata's.

Let's not start that again. I got so sick of the Blesoe lovers and thier insistance that the amigos were not real Bills fans. Op is annoying me too with all his Losman bashing but he's a Bills fan.

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Let's not start that again. I got so sick of the Blesoe lovers and thier insistance that the amigos were not real Bills fans. Op is annoying me too with all his Losman bashing but he's a Bills fan.

thanks I guess...

for the record I only made one post criticizing Losman. Most of my *****ing has been about the O-line and the running game.

L.A. Playa
08-27-2005, 09:28 PM
3rd. Camp is camp- I want to see him do it against a good D

Doesnt JP go against the Bills defense in camp which was ranked #2 in the league last year??

I understand your frustration OP but preseason is more about developing timing. From what I saw last night the timing is just a little off which I find encouraging.

JP does not have that deer in the headlights look to him, personally he looks poised in the pocket and in 3 preseaon games has no INTS and 1 fumble if he keeps that pace in the regular season we will win many games.