PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Dolphin facts!

justasportsfan
01-02-2003, 02:05 PM
1. They finally get the best RB the fins ever had and yet they finished worse than they did last year. Wait a minute ,stopped their consistent playoffs appearance as a result.

2. Fiedler, for the games he's played this season was a better QB than he ever was because of RW and yet missed the playoffs.

3. The fins finally broke their consecutive non-sellout playoff game by missing the playoffs.....

4. Fins are back to being the bills' *****!!!! Despite adding 1 & 2 .Now that's a fact !

Anymore?

lordofgun
01-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Coaching is worse than ours!

4thAndLong
01-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Ricky Williams needs a hair cut!

clumping platelets
01-02-2003, 02:17 PM
The defense proved they are overrated

wharfrat
01-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Coaching is worse than ours!

LOG... you took the words right out of my mouth... keep the OC, ditch the rest....

Turner :bravo:

wharf :rock: wanny
wharf :stick: bates

wharfrat
01-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
The defense proved they are overrated

Actually... the talent is there... but the motivation is lacking. again, that's a coaching problem IMHO.

iceblizzard69
01-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I still can't believe we had the third ranked defense in the league because I thought it was pretty bad this year. Bates and Wanny need to go.

Ebenezer
01-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Cap hell is coming in 2004 if Ricky keeps running for 1800...you can bet his touches go way down next year...they'll come up with some excuse to give it to minor.

justasportsfan
01-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I still can't believe we had the third ranked defense in the league because I thought it was pretty bad this year. Bates and Wanny need to go.

you had the no. 1 ranked D until you guys played the bills twice:fishfry:

Ebenezer
01-02-2003, 02:29 PM

really?? is that ranking by points given up or by yardage given up?? that is just surprising.

Michael82
01-02-2003, 07:13 PM
The defense is getting too old and needs some younger talent! Zach Thomas is very overrated and even Jason Taylor got manhandled a few times. The secondary that used to be one of the best is beginning to show their weaknesses. Plus, Wanny is an idiot and Norv Turner will probably leave to coach somewhere else in the offseason.

This Dolphin team is really hurting now and needs to make some major decisions. After all, they gave lots of money to Ricky Williams and spent many draft picks to get him. They will also be hitting Cap Hell in a couple years too! :evil: Poor Dolfelons!

:squish:

wharfrat
01-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

really?? is that ranking by points given up or by yardage given up?? that is just surprising.

Probably by points allowed....

wharfrat
01-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
The defense is getting too old and needs some younger talent! Zach Thomas is very overrated and even Jason Taylor got manhandled a few times. The secondary that used to be one of the best is beginning to show their weaknesses. Plus, Wanny is an idiot and Norv Turner will probably leave to coach somewhere else in the offseason.

I don't think Zach is overrated... he's no Urlacher, but he is all over the field, you don't get that many tackles by being mediocre. Taylor? Manhandled? Only when he was double teamed, which was most of the time... and he still ended up with 18.5 sacks to lead the league. I do agree about the secondary.. Surtain is awesome, but Madison seems to have lost a step, Marion didn't live up to his previous years either... and Freeman hasn't lived up to expectations. I also see weakness at the OLB spots... Greenwood and Rodgers should be challanged for thier spots. Chester and Bowens did well against the run, but with a small MLB like Zach, we need more penetration from DT on passing plays.
Age? Taylor, Thomas, Surtain, Ogunleye (who was a nice surprise at DE)... all pretty young... Madison is the oldest, I think. Maybe that's why he's losing a step...
I think the main problem with the D is coaching, motivation on the road, coaching, and did I mentin coaching? Bates needs to go....

justasportsfan
01-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Zach is definitely not overated. If I'm not mistaken , he leads the league with tackles if not , he's second. He's been the only consistent player in the fins' roster all these years.

As for Jason Taylor, it's true he's been manhandled, but I'd take him over any DE we have. He leads the NFL in sacks too.

Too bad for fishfans those league leading achievements did nothing to beat the bills and that's all I care about. :D

Wanny , couldn't do anything in Chicago and won't achieve anything in fish country as well.

WCoastFin
01-04-2003, 06:04 PM
how about....they get swept by the Bills but still come out as the better team...

Cntrygal
01-04-2003, 06:12 PM
LOL... yep soooo much better that you're home for the PO's too. :D

Marcos20
01-04-2003, 06:14 PM
yeahhh .. BILLS *****!

The_Philster
01-04-2003, 06:16 PM
He finally shows himself and yet comes up with something stupid to say.

WagonCircler
01-04-2003, 06:41 PM
FORE! Everybody duck! It's one of Ricky Williams' tee shots!

iceblizzard69
01-04-2003, 07:21 PM
We had 4 All-Pros, which ties the Raiders for the league lead. Thomas, Surtain, Williams, and Taylor all made the cut. Our coaching staff has to be in the bottom five in the league.

I think the 3rd ranked defense in the league is for yardage, I believe we are top 7 in points but I would have to check that.

Ð
01-04-2003, 08:01 PM
I remember flying back from Tampa through Chicago in Jan 2000 after seeing the Bucs beat the Redskins at RJS. The best part of that game was the tailgate party where we watched (some folks in RV's next to us in the parking lot had sattelite hookups) the Jaguars anailalate the Dolphins 62-7 in the early game.

When we came back through O'Hare a few days later, it was already in the Chicago papers and all over local TV that Wanny was the new Dolphins head coach. We had a 1 1/2 hr layover & spent time at TGI Fridays in the airport listening to the Bears fans laughing their asses off that the Dolphins picked him up.

iceblizzard69
01-04-2003, 09:02 PM
We had 4 All-Pros, which ties the Raiders for the league lead. Thomas, Surtain, Williams, and Taylor all made the cut. Our coaching staff has to be in the bottom five in the league.

I think the 3rd ranked defense in the league is for yardage, I believe we are top 7 in points but I would have to check that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=ppg&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2002

We were third in yards allowed, and fourth in points. Then again, Carolina was top 5 in both too. I have no idea how either team did so well in those catagories. The Dolphins D seemed terrible to me this year, and I watched every game.

lunatic_bills_fan
01-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Overall, they are overrated, but Taylor is a major Stud!!!

justasportsfan
01-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
how about....they get swept by the Bills but still come out as the better team...

With that statement it sucks even more when your team gets ***** slapped twice by a lesser team.

Why this joke even post is beyond me.

Fat Tony
01-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Miami DOLPHINS
Miami has gone OVER on MNF the last eight games...0-7 Against The Spread as Ddouble Digit FAV...10-1-1 ATS in October

colin
01-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Zack Thomas is overrated, and the one corner, Madison, is really falling apart, but Surtain and Taylor are genuine superstarts. Taylor especially.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2003, 03:46 PM
WCF - you obviously see no line between bravery and stupidity if you still have the nerve to come over here and post.

Your team finished with a better record then ours, but we still beat you twice - your team is not the better one.

We should have finished the season 9-7 too - but the refs decided to give Favre an incomplete pass instead of Nate Clements a fumble recovery that he would have returned all the way for a TD making the final score of our game against GB 7-3.

Our coaching does suck as far as the playcalling goes - but at least all of our players are motivated and that can go a long ways.

justasportsfan
01-06-2003, 03:23 PM
The fins should invest in a snow making machine so they can practice playing in the snow.

Bulldog
01-06-2003, 03:31 PM
How about the Dolphins finished 9-7 and still didn't make it to the playoffs. The only thing you got was a lower draft pick. The dolphins suck and will continue to suck as long as Davey boy is calling the shots!!!!

Bring back Marino!!!

Bulldog
01-06-2003, 03:39 PM
The funniest part about the Dolphins is listening to Davey boy during the post-game interviews. I can barley understand the guy because of the freaking hair lip he has. B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!!

justasportsfan
01-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
The funniest part about the Dolphins is listening to Davey boy during the post-game interviews. I can barley understand the guy because of the freaking hair lip he has. B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!!

That's the new look down in Miami! In case you haven't heard. :D