PDA

View Full Version : Relax

northernbillfan
08-27-2005, 04:27 AM
Take a deep breath (ahhhhhhhhhhh)
Now let it out slowly (pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff)

Feel better?

It's only the preseason.

I have yet to see the highlights but it sounded, from what I've read, like a great defensive battle between two of the top D's in the league.

Sure Losman struggled, they'll work on that at the next practice. Lindell was rusty and his two shanks would have al least given the Bills a tie. So what if they fumbled the ball 4 times, they only lost on one of those cough ups. Don't be so hard on the team and down on them at this point.

The Bills still managed a respectable ground game against one of the toughest run blocking teams in the league. McGahee alone bettered the Bears rushing yards against average of 50 by moving the ball 61 yards. Mind you he was the only one to move the ball for the Bills. Even at full back spot Lionel Gates and Shaud Williams picked up nearly 50 yards receiving. Not too shabby against the notorious Bears.

Yeah sure there were a few blunders in the game, but all in all the Bills played solidly. They played a very tight defense in the Bears and countered with thier own aggresive defensive attack as both teams were stingy giving up only 250+ yards each. Unfortunately, it was the Chicago Bears who came out on top in the end, and it was the very end too.

I'd give this game, based soley upon what I've read at this point, a B+.

Historian
08-27-2005, 05:08 AM
A few blunders?

This is the way I expected them to look in the Packer scrimmage, not the third preseason game.

That game was Gregg Williams sloppy.

northernbillfan
08-27-2005, 01:25 PM
After reading the play by play, it sounded okay.

FlyingDutchman
08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
After reading the play by play, it sounded okay.
Wait til you see it, it was ugly. J.P did make some nice throws, but all in all, it was ugly.

Michael82
08-27-2005, 02:15 PM
A few blunders?

This is the way I expected them to look in the Packer scrimmage, not the third preseason game.

That game was Gregg Williams sloppy.
I wouldn't go THAT far. :ill:

But I did see a team that looked like they are tired and sick of training camp and preseason. Something tells me the players enjoyed their time back home with the wives and family too. That could also change the way they play on their first week home with their family.

Typ0
08-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Gates was a walking disaster last night....

northernbillfan
08-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Gates was a walking disaster last night....
Yeah but he was trying to get through the number one run defense in the league.

Mr. Cynical
08-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah but he was trying to get through the number one run defense in the league.
....and behind a crappy oline to boot.

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:31 AM
with Gates falling on almost every run (was he drunk) and the back up defenders playing crappy it's no wonder we lost