PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Bombs! Genocide! Armageddon!

X-Era
08-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Give me a frikkin break!

Lets do some simple math here.

Young QB+starting RT out for most of a quarter+no game planning+very good opposing defense= offensive sputtering.

Not that tough to understand.

How quickly we all forget about the MASSIVE difference in play between the preseason and the regular season. HMMMMM, If we do a little thing called game planning and exploit the opposing teams weaknesses on D, we might gain yards and points. What a concept!

How many times do we watch teams go 1 nd 3 in the preseason and then get deep into the playoffs? THE PRESEASON MEANS JACK SQUAT!

You want to have something to worry about? Heres what it AINT:

1) JP Losman- made plays all preseason. I can count on 1 hand how many mistakes he has made in 3 games now. Accurate, arm like a friggin bazooka, great pocket presence, doesnt take many sacks, makes plays when everything goes to crap. Flutie with height and arm like Manning, HMMMMM. And he hasnt started a single regular season game...and this is a bad thing? NOT

2) Defense- So let me see, we have given up 2 TD's in 3 games with our starting D. We have taken 2 turnovers back for TD's, have had tons of sacks, and held teams to like nothing as far as yards. Worrying/off.

Things to watch with some apprehension:

1) McGahee- I can barely even say this because last season showed I should no better. But, seems to be going down a touch too easy and isnt getting yards at TD's like we would hope. Is he simply playing down because its preseason? Maybe, see Sam Adams and others.

2) Bennie Anderson- Seems to get way too many penalties. Very fixable.

3) OL depth- after Duke Preston and maybe Jason Peters we got jack squat far as I can see. Greg Jerman should be watching NFL games from a redneck bar with toothless women hammered off his a_s. He seriously might be the worst O-lineman I have ever seen. He makes Corey Louchey look like Orlando Pace.

Thats it. What the hell is the problem?

Our QB is better than last year, our OL is a bit worse but will jell with time, McGahee should be at least as good as last year. Our D looks to be even better than last year, our special teams are stellar. Add it all up and we have a very very good shot to make the playoffs.

Yet the world is ending? Because we do ZERO game planning against a good D, basically play a pickup game, move the ball at times but fail to score a TD in a preseason game?

Your right, Im about to commit suicide because I found out that the equipment manager has a hang nail!

mayotm
08-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Well stated. Thank you.

HeadSquad69
08-27-2005, 09:13 AM
Give me a frikkin break!

Lets do some simple math here.

Young QB+starting RT out for most of a quarter+no game planning+very good opposing defense= offensive sputtering.

Not that tough to understand.

How quickly we all forget about the MASSIVE difference in play between the preseason and the regular season. HMMMMM, If we do a little thing called game planning and exploit the opposing teams weaknesses on D, we might gain yards and points. What a concept!

How many times do we watch teams go 1 nd 3 in the preseason and then get deep into the playoffs? THE PRESEASON MEANS JACK SQUAT!

You want to have something to worry about? Heres what it AINT:

1) JP Losman- made plays all preseason. I can count on 1 hand how many mistakes he has made in 3 games now. Accurate, arm like a friggin bazooka, great pocket presence, doesnt take many sacks, makes plays when everything goes to crap. Flutie with height and arm like Manning, HMMMMM. And he hasnt started a single regular season game...and this is a bad thing? NOT

2) Defense- So let me see, we have given up 2 TD's in 3 games with our starting D. We have taken 2 turnovers back for TD's, have had tons of sacks, and held teams to like nothing as far as yards. Worrying/off.

Things to watch with some apprehension:

1) McGahee- I can barely even say this because last season showed I should no better. But, seems to be going down a touch too easy and isnt getting yards at TD's like we would hope. Is he simply playing down because its preseason? Maybe, see Sam Adams and others.

2) Bennie Anderson- Seems to get way too many penalties. Very fixable.

3) OL depth- after Duke Preston and maybe Jason Peters we got jack squat far as I can see. Greg Jerman should be watching NFL games from a redneck bar with toothless women hammered off his a_s. He seriously might be the worst O-lineman I have ever seen. He makes Corey Louchey look like Orlando Pace.

Thats it. What the hell is the problem?

Our QB is better than last year, our OL is a bit worse but will jell with time, McGahee should be at least as good as last year. Our D looks to be even better than last year, our special teams are stellar. Add it all up and we have a very very good shot to make the playoffs.

Yet the world is ending? Because we do ZERO game planning against a good D, basically play a pickup game, move the ball at times but fail to score a TD in a preseason game?

Your right, Im about to commit suicide because I found out that the equipment manager has a hang nail!
:bf1:

MarvLevy
08-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Excellent post..but MM should get these guys used to winning. AND a kicker has NO EXCUSE! a kick is a kick at 45..preseason or not. Can you think of a 40yd+ plus FG this guy has EVER made of significance?

X-Era
08-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Excellent post..but MM should get these guys used to winning. AND a kicker has NO EXCUSE! a kick is a kick at 45..preseason or not. Can you think of a 40yd+ plus FG this guy has EVER made of significance?
well most recently he is 50% @ 54 yards and on a kick that most kickers dont make, the % made from that distance is MUCH less than 50%. The only thing that worries me is the missed FG. Who was the kicker that blew it last year in the playoffs from short range?

Dozerdog
08-27-2005, 02:16 PM
The Jets had a kicker (OBrien) that choked vs Pittsburgh. The Chargers drafted a kicker in the 2nd or 3rd round last year (Whatshisname from Iowa) and he blew one that cost them a playoff game.

camelcowboy
08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I watch the first half of the game three times. I can't blame wills for his lack of yards. every positive yard play that he's had he had to dodge three guys in the back field. Teague missed 3 blocks. Germin is garbage. The oline still needs some more time. Two new starters on the left side. Im actually really impressed with the pass protection, for a line where running was going to be a strenght.