X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Ruben Brown Sighting

For those who actually had a chance to view the game last night against the bears, how did Ruben look against his former teammates? Is he starting for the Bears and was he responsible for the success that the Bears run game had against one of the Leagues top defenses?

I think the Bears put up about A Buck Fifty against our defense while fielding their projected backup at RB, good thing they didn't have their superstar Rookie HoldOut. It looked like they were running over the Left Side alot and Schobel seemed to be missing in Action in stopping the run, Schobel must have been having a hard time getting pressure because I didn't hear his name called much.

Oh.. how did out LG/LT combination do opening holes for Illis to run through, the road Grader Beenie Anderson seemed to have a sub-par game and Willis didn't see any daylight averaging about 2.5 ypc.

Are we still trying to find a replacement for the 8x pro bowler Ruben Brown?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ruben Brown Sighting

He made a great diving tackle on a DB.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

Yeah and he also cost his team a 5 yd that gave the BILLS a first down same old Ruben always getting penalties and mouthing off to the refs. I'm glad that he's not on this team anymore he would always get ties that would hurt us.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

I remeber that, I think it was on a 3rd and 25 play when Hutch was still in the game.

That was after he opened the huge hole that T. Jones ran through for the 40 yd gain but before the hole that Brown created for Jones to pick up the 20 yds.

Ruben appeared to be on a mission.. their run game was the only success they had to stay in the game and they had most of their huge gains behind LG/LT.

150 against the Bills run defense would've been one of the best outputs of the entire last season. Ruben is still a dominant run blocker.. much better than Beenie Anderson.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

He'll be joining Reese soon enough, homes. Just count the minutes.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

The guy can sure sweat up a lather.

He must have lost 20 pounds last night.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
              He'll be joining Reese soon enough, homes. Just count the minutes.
              With the RBs that the Bears have in Peterson, Jones and the Rookie holdout he might be returning to the Pro Bowl with the way they sliced up the Bills run Defense.. Homes.

Did any opponents put up 150 against the Bills last year? Maybe the Pats.. this is supposed to be one of the elite defenses in the League in Buffalo and T. Jones, the backup, put up 85 yds in just a half of play.

The way they shut down Willis it looks as though the Bears are the elite defensive squad.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

150 yards?!?!?

You are soo ****ing biased, it's not even funny. The Bears had one good run and it was more the fault of the Bills defense, than to the credit of the Bears OL. They were beat by the Bills starting D for the whole first half, and there were a bunch of starters pulled early, like London Fletcher. Now how the **** can you talk about 150 yards? Most of that was against the Bills 2nd and 3RD teamers. These are going to be camp cuts.

You are

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Juice is just skewing things to make his guys look good, go figure.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    150 yards?!?!?

You are soo ****ing biased, it's not even funny. The Bears had one good run and it was more the fault of the Bills defense, than to the credit of the Bears OL. They were beat by the Bills starting D for the whole first half, and there were a bunch of starters pulled early, like London Fletcher. Now how the **** can you talk about 150 yards? Most of that was against the Bills 2nd and 3RD teamers. These are going to be camp cuts.

You are
                    C'mon, Mikey. Give the guy a break. Don't you know you can't flog the log and make sense at the same time?
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

150 yards?!?!?

You are
                      Are you sure Mikey.. I thought you did the play-by-play last night, T. Jones had 94 yds and I dont think he played much if at all in the 2nd half.

It's always the fault of the defense when the opposition rips off a 40 yder, so what's your point? It was Schobel's fault for getting blown off the line and not being a factor in the run "D" or pass rush. With Hutch in the game the Bills Defense didn't even have to show the Bears pass game any respect and they were still manhandled by the Bears run game and a bunch of backup RBs.

What happens when this defense faces a balanced attack like Penny & the Jets, or Brady & the Pats.. we end up 3rd in the East and out of the Playoffs again this year.

You sound like the Homer Mikey, I'm just being realistic. 143yds rushing, the majority of which came in the 1st half against the Starters, seems like alot considering this defense is supposed to be a top 3 unit in the NFL this year and too many to give up with a young QB making his 1st start in the League in less than 3 wks.

"One Good Run" and a half dozen 8-10 yard pickups by a team with their 2nd & 3rd string RBs in the game.. JP had better get alot better in the final Pre-season game next week or this team could be in for a reality check.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                        Juice is just skewing things to make his guys look good, go figure.
                        What was the final score last night Cas? The Bills Defense did a great job of making a team picked to finish last in their division "Look Good" without my help.. Do you realize that they were playing with backup QBs and RBs last night?

Originally posted by helmetguy
                        C'mon, Mikey. Give the guy a break. Don't you know you can't flog the log and make sense at the same time?
                        Did you say Flog the Log Helmet.. Must be a PA thing, are you stroking your Helmet when you post Guy?

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                          Are you sure Mikey.. I thought you did the play-by-play last night, T. Jones had 94 yds and I dont think he played much if at all in the 2nd half.

It's always the fault of the defense when the opposition rips off a 40 yder, so what's your point? It was Schobel's fault for getting blown off the line and not being a factor in the run "D" or pass rush. With Hutch in the game the Bills Defense didn't even have to show the Bears pass game any respect and they were still manhandled by the Bears run game and a bunch of backup RBs.

What happens when this defense faces a balanced attack like Penny & the Jets, or Brady & the Pats.. we end up 3rd in the East and out of the Playoffs again this year.

You sound like the Homer Mikey, I'm just being realistic. 143yds rushing, the majority of which came in the 1st half against the Starters, seems like alot considering this defense is supposed to be a top 3 unit in the NFL this year and too many to give up with a young QB making his 1st start in the League in less than 3 wks.

"One Good Run" and a half dozen 8-10 yard pickups by a team with their 2nd & 3rd string RBs in the game.. JP had better get alot better in the final Pre-season game next week or this team could be in for a reality check.

Apparently, you didn't even watch the game. So i'm not going to comment.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Apparently, you didn't even watch the game. So i'm not going to comment.
                            You should probably have thought about not commenting in the first place, especially when your team took a Loss to a bunch of reserves on Offense at RB and QB.

I'm just looking at the score and stats and your Play-by-play of the game last night.. you sounded a little disappointed in our teams performance.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                              You should probably have thought about not commenting in the first place, especially when your team took a Loss to a bunch of reserves on Offense at RB and QB.
                              So the truth has finally come out. You are too much of a Ruben Brown lover to care about the Bills? You left the team to follow your buddy Ruben in Chicago? They are my team? Not yours? I knew it!

Comment

Working...
                              X