PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or does it seem...

djjimkelly
08-27-2005, 01:27 PM
like in all 3 of these preseason games we really havent tried 1 deep ball i mean i think holcombe threw about a 25 yard attempt in the game vs the colts. and besides that every pass play over 10 yards was in the 15-20 yard frozen rope type of pass. now im not calling for bombs away becuz in the end i know that would be high risk high reward. but where is the deep ball we obviously know JP has arm.

my only thought is this maybe the bills coahcing staff is honestly more worried about JP making reads in preseason now then making huge plays or they dont want his deep ball on tape so early opps dont know what to expect when he does throw the deep ball.

any thoughts?

The_Philster
08-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm kinda curious about that myself :scratch: JP was quoted earlier in the week that they might go deep a few times :idunno:

im4bflo
08-27-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm kinda curious about that myself :scratch: JP was quoted earlier in the week that they might go deep a few times :idunno:
They're really missing Parrish, and with the poor blocking, going deep was tough, but it's got to be done to stretch the D, and that would have helped!

Typ0
08-27-2005, 02:26 PM
I know mikey LOVES JP's long ball....

Typ0
08-27-2005, 02:27 PM
at least we know why we've never seen him with a chick now.

Dozerdog
08-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Most likely, throwing a bomb down field really doesn't take much skill. 1 QB, 1 WR, run like hell and I'll toss it to you.

Preaseason games are boring because the team usually wants to work on mundane things like run blocking schemes and other stuff. It takes more time to get coreographed 6 guys blocking and 1 RB reading the holes right than it does to toss bombs.

I can see Philly doing it on the first play with TO - they want that guy's head into the game- and considering the circus they want to put the whole camp episodes behind them.

But fotr now- it's a boring playbook.

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:34 AM
yeah I think the deepest ball we have thrown would be about a 30 yarder which sucks cause with Evans speed let the boy fly