PDA

View Full Version : Oh No.... "The Coach" is coming back to WGR550!

Michael82
08-27-2005, 03:13 PM
:ill:

Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey will have the joy of having his every decision second-guessed by Chuck Dickerson this season when "The Coach" returns to WGR the day after the opener with Houston.

Starting Sept. 12, Dickerson will make weekly appearances alongside Brad Riter and Paul Hamilton on WGR's 10 a.m. Monday program, "Extra Point."

Andy Roth, WGR's program director, said the decision to bring back Dickerson was made after hearing input from focus groups that are brought to the station annually.

"Everybody had an opinion about the Coach," said Roth. "That made him must-listen-to radio."

Dickerson will do the show from Florida, where he has lived since he left the afternoon program he had co-hosted with Mike Schopp. Naturally, the audience is much higher in the late afternoon than it is in mid-morning. So why is Dickerson stuck in the morning?

"We got a bigger name for the afternoon," said Roth.

Dickerson better not read that. He thinks he is as big a name as there is.

Roth declined to reveal who would join Schopp and Chris (The Bulldog) Parker for the postmortems on Monday afternoon, but did say the station will announce Monday the hiring of "two of the biggest names that have ever been associated with the Bills."

Well, the two biggest names that don't start with the initials O.J. anyway. We can also pretty much forget the biggest name ever, Ralph Wilson.

According to sources, Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are the big names coming to WGR. Both remain friendly with the organization, which suggests they won't fit in well with the station's critical style.

It also means Dickerson and Levy are now on the same team again. The chance they'd do a show together are about equal to the chance that Shane Matthews will be the Bills' starting quarterback, but that certainly would be must-listen radio.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050827/1072492.asp?tbd1072492.asp

The_Philster
08-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I saw that....that buffoon couldn't coach the Super Bowl Bears against a peewee team...thankfully, it's only once a week and it'll be on when I can't hear his stupidity

djjimkelly
08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
to be quite honest i think the coach knows his ****. im rather happy hes back i wish it was during driving times

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
If WGR thinks this will make people listen and boost ratings it won't! WGR is a terrible station, it's a poor AM station that has terrible sports talk show hosts and it doesn't come in that great. When you do get it tuned in on your radio it's all static at least it is for me I don't know about the rest of you. The best sports station that we had here in WNY was WNSA. Hey it's the truth

Novacane
08-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I saw that....that buffoon couldn't coach the Super Bowl Bears against a peewee team...thankfully, it's only once a week and it'll be on when I can't hear his stupidity

He may be a blowhard but he knows football.

lordofgun
08-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Love the Coach. Too bad they don't stream. :(

The_Philster
08-27-2005, 05:22 PM
He may be a blowhard but he knows football.Yeah...his defenses in college giving up 70 points is a great testament to his genius

Novacane
08-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah...his defenses in college giving up 70 points is a great testament to his genius

Maybe the players just sucked. The guy coached all his life. If you wanna say he does not know football be my guest. I think Marv knows a little about coachs. He hired him and only fired him because of his big mouth.........not because he could not coach

The_Philster
08-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Bruce Smith could make any DL Coach look good

buffalofan19
08-27-2005, 05:49 PM
If WGR thinks this will make people listen and boost ratings it won't! WGR is a terrible station, it's a poor AM station that has terrible sports talk show hosts and it doesn't come in that great. When you do get it tuned in on your radio it's all static at least it is for me I don't know about the rest of you. The best sports station that we had here in WNY was WNSA. Hey it's the truth
Alot of that has to do with the fact that you live in Elma. I live there too, and the deeper you get into the town, you can't even get a cell phone signal (unless you have Verizon) let alone WGR. Once I get out of Elma and into Orchard Park or West Seneca, I have no problem getting WGR. Elma is a hole and I hate living in it. If it weren't for the fact that property tax was so low, I'd be out of here in a second.