PDA

View Full Version : Three players I like....

OpIv37
08-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok so I did a lot of *****ing, but here's a few positives:

1. Eric King. This guy could be the real deal. Our secondary is excellent, but Milloy and Vincent are getting old and we may lose Clements- I think King will do excellent filling in.
2. Lionel Gates- true he dropped that pass and has been playing against 2nd stringers, but he's lightning fast and could become a solid #2 behind McGahee (let's pray we don't have to find out though).
3. George Wilson. Not that he's done anything spectacular, but he's shown he can hold his own. Unfortunately I doubt he'll make the team because J. Smith and D. Haddad contribute to special teams as well as playing receiver.

X-Era
08-27-2005, 07:13 PM

1. Eric King. This guy could be the real deal. Our secondary is excellent, but Milloy and Vincent are getting old and we may lose Clements- I think King will do excellent filling in.
2. Lionel Gates- true he dropped that pass and has been playing against 2nd stringers, but he's lightning fast and could become a solid #2 behind McGahee (let's pray we don't have to find out though).
3. George Wilson. Not that he's done anything spectacular, but he's shown he can hold his own. Unfortunately I doubt he'll make the team because J. Smith and D. Haddad contribute to special teams as well as playing receiver.

OK, heres your list:

1) Drew Bledsoe
2) Any QB other than JP
3) Alex Van Pelt
4) Rob Johnson
5) Doug Flutie
6) Ohh, I love Todd Collins

chernobylwraiths
08-27-2005, 07:19 PM

I think Dora is rubbing off on you. Are you sure YOU aren't the Puerto Rican female? :D

:calm: :peace:

YardRat
08-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I like Jabari Greer...he's going to step into the starting role next season after Clements bolts for big bucks.

Tatonka
08-27-2005, 08:15 PM
what has king or wilson done to deserve such credit of showing they can "hold their own"?

you rip jp, who has played nothing worse than average and at least as good as bledsoe, but you give these guys credit..

i dont get it.

Tatonka
08-27-2005, 08:16 PM
i do think greer has played his butt off.

ZacGriffi~82
08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
And i didn't think gates looked to Great the other day..

Wilson hasn't shown me anything either.

King had some nice coverage but has been outplayer by Greer. Greer is a fighter..

Captain Obvious
08-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Lionel Gates needs to stop slipping and stay on his feet. He played well against GB, not so great last nite.

OpIv37
08-28-2005, 12:50 AM
what has king or wilson done to deserve such credit of showing they can "hold their own"?

you rip jp, who has played nothing worse than average and at least as good as bledsoe, but you give these guys credit..

i dont get it.

um.. yeah. JP is supposed to be the leader of this team, yet he made several stupid mistakes that may very well cost us games in the regular season. There were no expectations of King and Wilson, yet both have made some great plays in the preseason. You can't compare the guy that's supposed to lead your team to victory to two guys who aren't even supposed to make the team. It's a different standard.

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:14 AM
I think Wilson has a better chance of making the team over Fast Freddie cause he just hasn't done anything that would warrent him a spot on the team I think it'll be
Moulds
Evans
Reed
Haddad
Aiken
Wilson
and when Parrish comes back they may cut 2 of them and then pick up someome else for some depth at another position

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:17 AM
and I like King but Greer is deffinetly gonna beet him out for the nickel spot

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:21 AM
as for Gates if he does as crappy a job in the next game as he did against the Bears he will be gone, and I think it will be
McGahee
Williams
Lee
and Gates only makes it if we keep a 4th RB on the squad

Michael82
08-28-2005, 09:41 AM
You rip JP and other players for their terrible game, yet you rave about Lionel Gates? Personally, I thought he had a terrible game and feel that the #2 job is still WIDE open. They gotta give some reps to Shaud Williams IMO, because Gates had a chance to take the job and he fumbled that chance. :sigh: