PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Problem I have with the Bears game

ghz in pittsburgh
08-27-2005, 06:04 PM
is those 3rd and short that did not get converted. For a run first offensive team, those gotta be a given. No wonder Mularkay is miffed about that in the post game comment.

I have questioned Benny Anderson when he signed and everyone criticised me. Look where he gets us in the running game so far. The interior line got pushed around by the Bears badly.

It is painfully obvious that if the Bills cannot get McGahee going, they will have a difficult time on offense. The Bears 1st string defense had 7 men in the box most of the time and we could not run. That left Losman with pressure in his face on passing plays. Conversely when McGahee finally had a few successful runs in 3rd Qtr, Losman suddenly had more time and target on his passing attempts.

As far as JP goes, it really depends on your expectation. For me, he's about what I expected. Two bad plays: the throw to Evans that got tipped by Urlacher and the goal line handoff miscue. The rest looked acceptable. There were plays that he himself admitted missing the open guys, but I gave me a pass on those - if he never misses an open receiver, then he can change his name to Manning or Brady.

The most important question is: put you in the shoe of a defensive coordinator, do you see an obvious weakness in Losman's game that you would attack effectively? For RJ, it's blitz forcing him to make hot read decision. For Bledsoe, it's pressure in the middle to make him move or outer edge blitz which he mis-read often. For Losman????

I have not seen Losman enough to form an opinion yet. But I have a feeling that blitz may not be an effective way against him. Losman may not get the hot read every time but he showed me that he senses and escapes pressure pretty good. Right now on passing downs I'd lean towards cover 2 let him beat my coverage.