Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlton Bailey

Phil Simms critical of Losman

I was watching the end of the Colts-Broncos game tonight and the Bills came up for some reason and Simms said the following, "I've been able to watch 2 of the Bills pre-season games so far and J.P. Losman is not playing well and this QB change is not going well for the Bills."

I'm a huge J.P. fan and big anti-Bledsoe guy but it's hard to disagree with Simms. He's 21 for 41 and outside of a TD pass to Evans against Indy, a 15 yarder to Evans over the middle against the Packers, and last night's 22 yarder to Moulds, his passing has been bad. He has made some nice runs and avoided sacks but has played poorly.
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: Phil Simms critical of Losman

the only stat that matter is the win column and right now he is doing enough to win games

Comment

• Kenny
      • Aug 2004

And hopefully not too off topic... but has anyone paid any attention to Ben Roethlishberger? He's looked just as bad as Losman has so far this preseason (especially that last game).

What Im trying to say is that we should expect Losman to be playing this way. Defense, Special teams, and McGahee is what we're all leaning on. So long as Losman doesnt throw too many picks, we'll be fine.

Comment

• AndreReed83
        Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
        • Mar 2004

Yet, Bledsoe looked good for us last year?? Losman is still outperforming Drew.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
        "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Losman is fine, these games dont matter, i have watched everygame twice. The offense has been very very bland. Receivers are running basic patterns. Running plays, and blocking has been very vanilla too. Has anyone seen JP go deep yet? , The bears had mostly 8 men in the box, all game last night. Thats why wills had a tough night. All JP needs to do is burn a defense once a game with the pass and it will losen up defences. We haven't even tried to do that yet.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

I agree he hasnt done anything to really surprise me thus far hes been average at best. But I know hes just starting and hopefully a few games under his belt will settle him down.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
              • Jul 2002

can't say that i was more impressed with bledsoe over the course of last season. ill take my punches with jp.
              Its all about the quest.

Comment

• MarvLevy
                Can I get some power to give REP?
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
                can't say that i was more impressed with bledsoe over the course of last season. ill take my punches with jp.
                EXACTLY. all jp has to do is not lose games because of his play alone..something bledsoe did on his own very well

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Losman is fine, these games dont matter, i have watched everygame twice. The offense has been very very bland. Receivers are running basic patterns. Running plays, and blocking has been very vanilla too. Has anyone seen JP go deep yet? , The bears had mostly 8 men in the box, all game last night. Thats why wills had a tough night. All JP needs to do is burn a defense once a game with the pass and it will losen up defences. We haven't even tried to do that yet.
                  I see, when the Bills struggle it's just preseason, but when the fins struggle it's a glimps into the future?!?!?!?!? I guess bias has nothing to do with your opinions of the two teams. The Fins have faced three tough D's the last three weeks and the Bills have faced the three worst D's the last three weeks.

Miami faced the last three weeks,
                  D rankings:
                  Pitt #1
                  TB #5
                  JAGS #11

Bills faced the last three weeks,
                  D rankings:
                  Chi #21
                  Pack#25
                  Indy#29

Miami has an all new HC,OC,DC O-LINE, QB, RB and ofcourse with all the coaches...lots of new schemes. The Bills have one new O-linemen and a new QB and your team is having a tough time winning against the worst D's in the league.

Now, this is only preseason and what happens now means nothing in the big picture, however some of you Bill fans are really bashashing the Fins and saying we stink when we are playing better against much better D teams with all new everything and the Bills can't move the ball and score points against some of the worst D's in the league. My point is Don't go busting on other teams when your team is a long way from being a top tier club at this point.

I've been saying that Miami's talent on both sides of the ball is better then the Bills and thats not the popular opinion here, but it is my opinion and I feel we will finish above the Bills this year. Our D is better then the Bills, We have better D ends and as a group our LB's are better, our secondary is suspect at this point but that is Sabans strength and where he is spending his time the most.

As for ST, Wes Welker is a monster and could be our third or fourth WO this year. We had a good ST unit last year and should be much improved this year. I'll give the Bills the edge for now on ST but I don't think you'll be better come the end of the season.

It's a long season and both teams will play hard. I just think Miam is the better team.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                    I see, when the Bills struggle it's just preseason, but when the fins struggle it's a glimps into the future?!?!?!?!? I guess bias has nothing to do with your opinions of the two teams. The Fins have faced three tough D's the last three weeks and the Bills have faced the three worst D's the last three weeks.

Miami faced the last three weeks,
                    D rankings:
                    Pitt #1
                    TB #5
                    JAGS #11

Bills faced the last three weeks,
                    D rankings:
                    Chi #21
                    Pack#25
                    Indy#29

Miami has an all new HC,OC,DC O-LINE, QB, RB and ofcourse with all the coaches...lots of new schemes. The Bills have one new O-linemen and a new QB and your team is having a tough time winning against the worst D's in the league.

Now, this is only preseason and what happens now means nothing in the big picture, however some of you Bill fans are really bashashing the Fins and saying we stink when we are playing better against much better D teams with all new everything and the Bills can't move the ball and score points against some of the worst D's in the league. My point is Don't go busting on other teams when your team is a long way from being a top tier club at this point.

I've been saying that Miami's talent on both sides of the ball is better then the Bills and thats not the popular opinion here, but it is my opinion and I feel we will finish above the Bills this year. Our D is better then the Bills, We have better D ends and as a group our LB's are better, our secondary is suspect at this point but that is Sabans strength and where he is spending his time the most.

As for ST, Wes Welker is a monster and could be our third or fourth WO this year. We had a good ST unit last year and should be much improved this year. I'll give the Bills the edge for now on ST but I don't think you'll be better come the end of the season.

It's a long season and both teams will play hard. I just think Miam is the better team.
                    This is a ridiculous post. Outside of you, there is not one publication, sports show, etc. that has Miami ahead of the Bills. I don't know if the Bills are playoff material yet but they are a hell of alot better than Miami. Have you watched the Bills preseason games? I've watched all of Miami's and Buffalo's preseason games and there is no comparison. You need to face the fact that you will have a long season this year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

I love Phil Simms but I think he needs to grab a beer and relax. Losman has looked far from horrible. Matter-of-fact he has made some decisions out there that has made me feel very comfortable with him. We are a better team with him vs. Bledsoe. He is not going to look as comfortable as a Vick, Manning, Brees but he's looked much better than Big Ben, Smith, Rodgers, Eli and Palmer. So you decide.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        This is a ridiculous post. Outside of you, there is not one publication, sports show, etc. that has Miami ahead of the Bills. I don't know if the Bills are playoff material yet but they are a hell of alot better than Miami. Have you watched the Bills preseason games? I've watched all of Miami's and Buffalo's preseason games and there is no comparison. You need to face the fact that you will have a long season this year.

Iguess playing three of the worst D teams in the league is a lot tougher then playing three of the toughest D's in the league huh?? You're the one who's ridiculous. As for the "experts" Every one of them pick there teams based on last years results.....is this last year?? Did the "experts" pick the Chargers to finish 12-4 last year, no!!! Get a grip with your opinion of the "experts", and what games were you watching?? I think the Fins have played very well wins and loses are irrelevant in preseason. Accept for last weeks game...against the #1 D in the league Miami has had good #'s against tough D's and the Bills have had AVG.#'s against very bad D's. Maybe you should be the one to wake up. But I'm sure you will soon enough.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MarvLevy
                          EXACTLY. all jp has to do is not lose games because of his play alone..something bledsoe did on his own very well
                          My concern is that I saw JP do several things that could very well have cost the
                          Bills games-

two tipped balls against Chicago
                          the 20 yard loss on 2nd and goal against Chicago
                          the safety against GB that didn't count due to a penalty
                          the fumble (I think against GB but it may have been against Indy)

I don't expect Losman to be perfect or to be doing amazing things, but I have to say I was really hoping he would be beyond these types of stupid mistakes by now.

Also, I think JP is only one of our concerns. The O-line looked terrible, we couldn't run the ball, we had way too many penalties, we had too many fumbles and Lindell is the worst kicker in the NFL.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

If Phil Simms says JP doesn't look that good, then I have to listen. I think Simms knows a bit about being a QB, including in preseason. Provided he really did watch 2 games, then he may be right. I can't say I've been able to catch more than highlights due to work.

I'm not here to crap on JP.

He's gonna do some bad things. I've been saying from the start not to get your hopes too high unless you can handle some disappointment. JP was out more than half of last season. There were rumours he didn't handle the backup job with full intensity too. Don't forget that they called him a RAW talent with great measurables coming out of the draft. HE'S A WORK IN PROGRESS. Some ppl won't be happy unless he's big ben (who as someone posted is going through his own hard time right now).....

The TRUTH is that JP is still RAW and learning. He's gonna make mistakes. He's not a GREAT passer. And we are gonna lose some games because of him.

BUT, we have the D, ST and Willis to keep them close, and IF JP can make a few key throws, we can still be competitve and maybe as the season goes on things will start to click for JP. We know he can make some plays for us with his legs and hopefully throw a few nice deep balls for Lee, Eric and Robert.

To be honest... If you want the best chance of winning from week 1, you would have to be hoping for Holcumb to start. BUT, I want JP in there learning. he's the future and I expect some bumps along the way. As long as he shows improvement from week to week we should all just support him as best we can. IMO at least.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

What PS said was he hadn't seen the games and was only looking at stats...and the stats didn't look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X