X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Everyone still think JPL..

..gives the Bills a better chance of winning 10 or more games this year? Who would be willing to bet a paycheck that Losman can win more than 9 games this year.

I think I would go with DB's experience in the Bills system over the new direction JP's youth is supposed to take the team. With the progress that JP has made in the pre-season or lack there of, I see this team being a sub .500 squad and would have to call TD's decision to just give JP the job instead of allowing him to win the position a bonehead move.

If DB was in camp and had played in the pre-season for the Bills I think there's no question that he would have won the starting position outright.. was the decision to release DB without getting any compensation in return, after investing time and money in him over the last 3 years, made in haste?

Will handing the reigns over to the Unproven JPL prove to be the worst move by TD since hiring Greg Williams as head coach?

Can JP lead this team to a 10-6 record with the level of play he's displayed thus far?

Where are the true believers?

Where is the JPD?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Everyone still think JPL..

yeah.. jp gives us a better chance to win than bledsoe and he has to play to get experience..

any other questions?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

I have faith in him and to hell with DB
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Come on! JP isn't experienced enough yet, but he's going to do as good or better than what DB would of.
        Just think of how many times DB would of been sacked in that bears game?
        You watch, JP's going to have a better year than DB.
        JP's getting better, we've seen the best of DB, I'll take JP, a no brainer!

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
          yeah.. jp gives us a better chance to win than bledsoe and he has to play to get experience..

any other questions?
          There's a JPD member with some heart.

Yeah just one or two more questions..

1- Since Kelly Holcomb is obviously more prepared to win games as a starter, shouldn't he be the starter against the Texans in week 1?

2- Why release DB without getting anything in return to avoid one QB controversy, just to end up with another controversy with Holcomb who has no experience in the Bills offensive system?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• AndreReed83
            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
            • Mar 2004

When has Holcomb outplayed JP this offseason? Also, there are many more people sticking up for JP on this board then bashing him. So I don't know where you are coming up with that bogus lie about his supporters disappearing..

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by AndreReed83
              When has Holcomb outplayed JP this offseason? Also, there are many more people sticking up for JP on this board then bashing him. So I don't know where you are coming up with that bogus lie about his supporters disappearing..
              I never said anything about "supporters disappearing" you just did.

Do you think that if Holcomb was given the chance to play with Willis and the starters he could put up better #s than JP has? He started out going 4 for 4 against the Bears and that may have been against their starting Defense.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                There's a JPD member with some heart.

Yeah just one or two more questions..

1- Since Kelly Holcomb is obviously more prepared to win games as a starter, shouldn't he be the starter against the Texans in week 1?

2- Why release DB without getting anything in return to avoid one QB controversy, just to end up with another controversy with Holcomb who has no experience in the Bills offensive system?
                1. i dont know why you say that holcomb is OBVIOUSLY more prepared to win games.. he has not played against anyones starters.. he hasnt lit it up either when he has been in there.. JP has 2 tds and has led the offense to 6 scoring drives in 3 games and 6 total quarters... how many does KH have? KH also has shown that he can not take the abuse of being a full time starter.. he got injured every time he got a shot.. but he has also shown that he can be a great back up and play well in short spurts. so no... he should not and will not be the starter.. at any point, unless there is an injury to jp.. and that is not just my opinion.. but also the opinion of those who count.. as in the head coach, management, and ownership of the team.

2. we released DB after he refused to take a paycut.. we could not have gotten anything for him.. why would anyone offer something for someone that they know you had to cut due to his salary? and there is no qb controversy, so i dont know what your talking about.. see the above post for clarification.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

He started out going 4 for 4 against the Bears and that may have been against their starting Defense.
                  yeah.. just like the bears may have gotten all their rushing yards against our starting defense, when mikey clearly showed you that we had our back ups in early in the second period.

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

I never said anything about "supporters disappearing" you just did.

Do you think that if Holcomb was given the chance to play with Willis and the starters he could put up better #s than JP has? He started out going 4 for 4 against the Bears and that may have been against their starting Defense.
                    If JP had Holcombs experience, he'd be much better than him, that's why we need to get him as much playing time as we can, and he is getting better!
                    JP will be better than Holcomb with more experience, why stop that process?
                    JP's 3-0 while he's QB, no picks, he hasn't lost the game in any way, the line was blocking terrible, and he made plays, why the panic?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

The defense is the heart and soul of this team right now and will win the games this year. All JP has to do is minimize his errors and hand the ball off to Willis. This year I think the offense will start off slow but eventually they'll match the stength of our defense once the entire unit gels together. (That may not occur until next season.) We have some young talent on the offense and mistakes will happen but I, and many other Bills fans, are willing to accept this rather than the alternative of watching Bledsoe make the same dumb mistakes repeatedly. We have nothing to lose in letting a young guy, with potential, take the reigns. I don't see where all of the JP bashing is suddenly coming from, the guy hasn't played an actual game yet. I'm excited. I think he can bring a new dimension to our offense that wasn't there last year. The skeptics can sit around all day bashing him and touting their opinion that this team has taken a turn for the worse.

Not me... I'm ready to roll.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                        Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                        The defense is the heart and soul of this team right now and will win the games this year. All JP has to do is minimize his errors and hand the ball off to Willis. This year I think the offense will start off slow but eventually they'll match the stength of our defense once the entire unit gels together. (That may not occur until next season.) We have some young talent on the offense and mistakes will happen but I, and many other Bills fans, are willing to accept this rather than the alternative of watching Bledsoe make the same dumb mistakes repeatedly. We have nothing to lose in letting a young guy, with potential, take the reigns. I don't see where all of the JP bashing is suddenly coming from, the guy hasn't played an actual game yet. I'm excited. I think he can bring a new dimension to our offense that wasn't there last year. The skeptics can sit around all day bashing him and touting their opinion that this team has taken a turn for the worse.

Not me... I'm ready to roll.

No kidding. Great post. There seems to (at times) be less optimism about the team this year, then last year. Which is just mind boggling to me. Losman offers us so much more at QB and is displaying it very well. Imagine how BLEDSOE would have done in the Bears game. Seriously, imagine how he would have handled the 8 in a box situations. And I like Holcomb, but only as a backup. The only way I want to see him in is if JP gets hurt. I'm actually not so sure Holcomb is better then JP. I personally feel JP gives us a better chance to win. And besides that, he needs game experience. Game experience is the most important thing for his and the Bills future. I think we have it lucky in that our future player gives us a chance to win NOW.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                        "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Fairway
                          • Jul 2002

I think I would go with DB's experience in the Bills system over the new direction JP's youth is supposed to take the team.

?

Where did Drew get us in 3 years? I don't remember any playoff games.
                          Since all your favorite players seem to be ex-bills why don't you just get the hell out of here?

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I guess settling for mediocrity is your MO. Fear the unknown and embrace below average.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Fairway
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              I guess settling for mediocrity is your MO. Fear the unknown and embrace below average.

Comment

Working...
                              X