PDA

View Full Version : Everyone still think JPL..

juice
08-28-2005, 12:53 AM
..gives the Bills a better chance of winning 10 or more games this year? Who would be willing to bet a paycheck that Losman can win more than 9 games this year.

I think I would go with DB's experience in the Bills system over the new direction JP's youth is supposed to take the team. With the progress that JP has made in the pre-season or lack there of, I see this team being a sub .500 squad and would have to call TD's decision to just give JP the job instead of allowing him to win the position a bonehead move.

If DB was in camp and had played in the pre-season for the Bills I think there's no question that he would have won the starting position outright.. was the decision to release DB without getting any compensation in return, after investing time and money in him over the last 3 years, made in haste?

Will handing the reigns over to the Unproven JPL prove to be the worst move by TD since hiring Greg Williams as head coach?

Can JP lead this team to a 10-6 record with the level of play he's displayed thus far?

Where are the true believers?

Where is the JPD?

Tatonka
08-28-2005, 01:01 AM
yeah.. jp gives us a better chance to win than bledsoe and he has to play to get experience..

any other questions?

Bert102176
08-28-2005, 01:01 AM
I have faith in him and to hell with DB

im4bflo
08-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Come on! JP isn't experienced enough yet, but he's going to do as good or better than what DB would of.
Just think of how many times DB would of been sacked in that bears game?
You watch, JP's going to have a better year than DB.
JP's getting better, we've seen the best of DB, I'll take JP, a no brainer!

juice
08-28-2005, 01:13 AM
yeah.. jp gives us a better chance to win than bledsoe and he has to play to get experience..

any other questions?There's a JPD member with some heart.

Yeah just one or two more questions..

1- Since Kelly Holcomb is obviously more prepared to win games as a starter, shouldn't he be the starter against the Texans in week 1?

2- Why release DB without getting anything in return to avoid one QB controversy, just to end up with another controversy with Holcomb who has no experience in the Bills offensive system?

AndreReed83
08-28-2005, 01:16 AM
When has Holcomb outplayed JP this offseason? Also, there are many more people sticking up for JP on this board then bashing him. So I don't know where you are coming up with that bogus lie about his supporters disappearing..

juice
08-28-2005, 01:23 AM
When has Holcomb outplayed JP this offseason? Also, there are many more people sticking up for JP on this board then bashing him. So I don't know where you are coming up with that bogus lie about his supporters disappearing..I never said anything about "supporters disappearing" you just did.

Do you think that if Holcomb was given the chance to play with Willis and the starters he could put up better #s than JP has? He started out going 4 for 4 against the Bears and that may have been against their starting Defense.

Tatonka
08-28-2005, 01:36 AM
There's a JPD member with some heart.

Yeah just one or two more questions..

1- Since Kelly Holcomb is obviously more prepared to win games as a starter, shouldn't he be the starter against the Texans in week 1?

2- Why release DB without getting anything in return to avoid one QB controversy, just to end up with another controversy with Holcomb who has no experience in the Bills offensive system?

1. i dont know why you say that holcomb is OBVIOUSLY more prepared to win games.. he has not played against anyones starters.. he hasnt lit it up either when he has been in there.. JP has 2 tds and has led the offense to 6 scoring drives in 3 games and 6 total quarters... how many does KH have? KH also has shown that he can not take the abuse of being a full time starter.. he got injured every time he got a shot.. but he has also shown that he can be a great back up and play well in short spurts. so no... he should not and will not be the starter.. at any point, unless there is an injury to jp.. and that is not just my opinion.. but also the opinion of those who count.. as in the head coach, management, and ownership of the team.

2. we released DB after he refused to take a paycut.. we could not have gotten anything for him.. why would anyone offer something for someone that they know you had to cut due to his salary? and there is no qb controversy, so i dont know what your talking about.. see the above post for clarification.

Tatonka
08-28-2005, 01:39 AM
He started out going 4 for 4 against the Bears and that may have been against their starting Defense.

yeah.. just like the bears may have gotten all their rushing yards against our starting defense, when mikey clearly showed you that we had our back ups in early in the second period.

im4bflo
08-28-2005, 01:41 AM
I never said anything about "supporters disappearing" you just did.

Do you think that if Holcomb was given the chance to play with Willis and the starters he could put up better #s than JP has? He started out going 4 for 4 against the Bears and that may have been against their starting Defense.
If JP had Holcombs experience, he'd be much better than him, that's why we need to get him as much playing time as we can, and he is getting better!
JP will be better than Holcomb with more experience, why stop that process?
JP's 3-0 while he's QB, no picks, he hasn't lost the game in any way, the line was blocking terrible, and he made plays, why the panic?

DynaPaul
08-28-2005, 01:57 AM
The defense is the heart and soul of this team right now and will win the games this year. All JP has to do is minimize his errors and hand the ball off to Willis. This year I think the offense will start off slow but eventually they'll match the stength of our defense once the entire unit gels together. (That may not occur until next season.) We have some young talent on the offense and mistakes will happen but I, and many other Bills fans, are willing to accept this rather than the alternative of watching Bledsoe make the same dumb mistakes repeatedly. We have nothing to lose in letting a young guy, with potential, take the reigns. I don't see where all of the JP bashing is suddenly coming from, the guy hasn't played an actual game yet. I'm excited. I think he can bring a new dimension to our offense that wasn't there last year. The skeptics can sit around all day bashing him and touting their opinion that this team has taken a turn for the worse.

Not me... I'm ready to roll.

AndreReed83
08-28-2005, 02:16 AM
The defense is the heart and soul of this team right now and will win the games this year. All JP has to do is minimize his errors and hand the ball off to Willis. This year I think the offense will start off slow but eventually they'll match the stength of our defense once the entire unit gels together. (That may not occur until next season.) We have some young talent on the offense and mistakes will happen but I, and many other Bills fans, are willing to accept this rather than the alternative of watching Bledsoe make the same dumb mistakes repeatedly. We have nothing to lose in letting a young guy, with potential, take the reigns. I don't see where all of the JP bashing is suddenly coming from, the guy hasn't played an actual game yet. I'm excited. I think he can bring a new dimension to our offense that wasn't there last year. The skeptics can sit around all day bashing him and touting their opinion that this team has taken a turn for the worse.

Not me... I'm ready to roll.

No kidding. Great post. There seems to (at times) be less optimism about the team this year, then last year. Which is just mind boggling to me. Losman offers us so much more at QB and is displaying it very well. Imagine how BLEDSOE would have done in the Bears game. Seriously, imagine how he would have handled the 8 in a box situations. And I like Holcomb, but only as a backup. The only way I want to see him in is if JP gets hurt. I'm actually not so sure Holcomb is better then JP. I personally feel JP gives us a better chance to win. And besides that, he needs game experience. Game experience is the most important thing for his and the Bills future. I think we have it lucky in that our future player gives us a chance to win NOW.

Novacane
08-28-2005, 08:18 AM

I think I would go with DB's experience in the Bills system over the new direction JP's youth is supposed to take the team.

?

Where did Drew get us in 3 years? I don't remember any playoff games.
Since all your favorite players seem to be ex-bills why don't you just get the hell out of here?

Night Train
08-28-2005, 08:23 AM
I guess settling for mediocrity is your MO. Fear the unknown and embrace below average. :boring:

Novacane
08-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I guess settling for mediocrity is your MO. Fear the unknown and embrace below average. :boring:

:posrep:

Historian
08-28-2005, 11:31 AM
..gives the Bills a better chance of winning 10 or more games this year? Who would be willing to bet a paycheck that Losman can win more than 9 games this year.

I would, because there are 52 other guys that are going to help him do it.

Will handing the reigns over to the Unproven JPL prove to be the worst move by TD since hiring Greg Williams as head coach?

Nothing....I mean NOTHING...will ever top that travesty!

Nothing.

juice
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Nothing....I mean NOTHING...will ever top that travesty!

Nothing.I don't know `Ology aquiring DB, spending all that time and money on him, and then letting him go without getting anything in return, was a travesty as well.

OpIv37
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM

I think I would go with DB's experience in the Bills system over the new direction JP's youth is supposed to take the team. With the progress that JP has made in the pre-season or lack there of, I see this team being a sub .500 squad and would have to call TD's decision to just give JP the job instead of allowing him to win the position a bonehead move.

I disagree- Drew Bledsoe was given every opportunity to get it done in this system and he couldn't. I like Bledsoe and wish it could have been different, but at the end of the day we didn't win and that's all that matters. I've been critical of JP and I'm not altogether happy with him in preseason, but I still agree with the decision not to overpay Drew and JP isn't going to get better by taking a back seat to Holcomb. If we're not gonna start him, what's the point in having him?

2. we released DB after he refused to take a paycut.. we could not have gotten anything for him.. why would anyone offer something for someone that they know you had to cut due to his salary? and there is no qb controversy, so i dont know what your talking about.. see the above post for clarification.

Good answer. Drew was worthless to us because he couldn't win and no team would have given us anything worthwhile for him. The TH trade was distracting enough. Drew had his shot- now it's Losman's turn.

Juice- I agree that Losman may not be ready to lead this team and I think we're in for a long season. But if we're not gonna start him, what's the point of having him? We didn't trade a first-round draft pick for a second-string QB. If we're gonna let him ride the pine, we might as well trade him to Miami, Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, etc- all those teams have far worse QB situations than we do. (Disclaimer: I'm NOT suggesting that we trade Losman- he should be the starter and I'm saying that sitting him makes less sense than trading him).

Drive 4 Five
08-29-2005, 02:35 PM

If DB was in camp and had played in the pre-season for the Bills I think there's no question that he would have won the starting position outright.. was the decision to release DB without getting any compensation in return, after investing time and money in him over the last 3 years, made in haste?

Can JP lead this team to a 10-6 record with the level of play he's displayed thus far?

Where is the JPD?

I'll take you up on that bet. Here are my terms. The Bills finish with at least eight wins (disproving your sub-500 remark), and Losman ends up with a better QB rating than Drew Bledsoe.

BAM
08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes I do.

justasportsfan
08-29-2005, 02:51 PM
yes I still do. It's been years since I've seen the bills run roll out plays.

OpIv37
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
yes I still do. It's been years since I've seen the bills run roll out plays.
yeah, since we had Doug "I HAVE to roll out cuz I'm too short to see downfield" Flutie. It's nice to have rollouts as ONE option instead of the ONLY option.

juice
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah, since we had Doug "I HAVE to roll out cuz I'm too short to see downfield" Flutie. It's nice to have rollouts as ONE option instead of the ONLY option.With Gandy and Anderson protecting his blindside rollouts might not be an option for JPL.

PatsowntheNFL
08-29-2005, 06:30 PM

Where is the JPD?
You had a better chance of being .500 with deadslow, lessman is going to drag this team further into the NFL gutter sadly. The guy sucks, too bad you didn't pick up cassel in the draft. That boy is going to be a stud and he gets to sit back and watch a legend play QB for a few years. I'd say he's in a great position.

DaBills
08-29-2005, 07:37 PM

Where is the JPD?
Oh yeah, I'm sure MM and Donahoe are losing sleep at night worrying they made the wrong choice. Not.

We all knew this time would come when they switched to a rookie. The question last year was, do we want to go this route now or give DB another shot. There'll be growing pains no doubt. Name a QB that didn't have them. We have a solid D and running game to make it easier for the transition, something a lot of teams with new QB's don't have.

J.P. already showed me something DB never managed to in three years. After the game, JP acknowledged that it was his own responsibility as QB to make some things happen out there, (when someone asked if he was happy with the results of the game).

I never once heard DB take sole responsibility after a piss-poor outing or loss, rather, he'd look around after an INT like it was someone else's fault. Post-games were worse: 'Well, we didn't get it done today, we just have to try harder, blah blah blah, etc."

F - that. If RJ and DB got three years without getting benched, then JP gets his shot now, no questions. Embrace the future or embrace the horror. I look to the future and JP 'cause the horror is now about 1,500 miles south.

juice
09-02-2005, 07:14 PM
How many Zonebucks?

justasportsfan
09-02-2005, 07:53 PM
How many Zonebucks?I'll bet you 500 zb's we make playoffs. Whether it's Losman or Holcomb eventually. Just to prove to you we are better off without Drew.

Turf
09-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I'll bet anyone all the zonebucks I have that by the end of the year, Parcells benches Drew.

juice
09-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I'll bet you 500 zb's we make playoffs. Whether it's Losman or Holcomb eventually. Just to prove to you we are better off without Drew.It's bad carma to bet against your own team but I will bet JPL's stats against DB's stats in a fantasy football type format or better yet QB rating week 2 week.. don't get it twisted, I'm not hoping JP fails or causes the team to struggle but I'm just being a realist in my observations that he's just not quite ready to run the show.

The staff is rushing this kid and putting the weight of the team on his shoulders, he's not far from where he should be but I just feel like he's regressing instead of progressing.

BillsFever21
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM

Did Drew ever accomplish any of these things? Did he ever lead us to 10 wins? Did he ever accomplish anymore then a sub .500 record? Did Drew ever win more then 9 games?

The answer to all of them are NO.

9-7
5-11
8-8

22-26

Damn, look at what we're missing out on.

Captain Obvious
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
You had a better chance of being .500 with deadslow, lessman is going to drag this team further into the NFL gutter sadly. The guy sucks, too bad you didn't pick up cassel in the draft. That boy is going to be a stud and he gets to sit back and watch a legend play QB for a few years. I'd say he's in a great position.
Yeah Cassel is going to be in a great situation backing up Brady for the next 5 years. Just like in college when backed up Leinart. I wonder why he lasted until the 7th Round?

To answer the original question in this thread, I was unable to watch the game tonite but nothing has changed for me. J.P. should still be the starting QB.

The last buffalo fan
09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure MM and Donahoe are losing sleep at night worrying they made the wrong choice. Not.

We all knew this time would come when they switched to a rookie. The question last year was, do we want to go this route now or give DB another shot. There'll be growing pains no doubt. Name a QB that didn't have them. We have a solid D and running game to make it easier for the transition, something a lot of teams with new QB's don't have.

J.P. already showed me something DB never managed to in three years. After the game, JP acknowledged that it was his own responsibility as QB to make some things happen out there, (when someone asked if he was happy with the results of the game).

I never once heard DB take sole responsibility after a piss-poor outing or loss, rather, he'd look around after an INT like it was someone else's fault. Post-games were worse: 'Well, we didn't get it done today, we just have to try harder, blah blah blah, etc."

F - that. If RJ and DB got three years without getting benched, then JP gets his shot now, no questions. Embrace the future or embrace the horror. I look to the future and JP 'cause the horror is now about 1,500 miles south.

:bf1:

feelthepain
09-02-2005, 10:24 PM

any other questions?
Really....why cause you want him too?? You Bill fans think QB's grow on trees and they come in and play well right off the bat. I hate to be the one to bring you back to earth, but JP is not a great QB and probably won't be for a while unless your team all of a sunnden morphs into the Steelers or Pats!!

feelthepain
09-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I'll bet you 500 zb's we make playoffs. Whether it's Losman or Holcomb eventually. Just to prove to you we are better off without Drew.
Watch out, he's already trying to make the bet lighter for himself!!!
This spring he said Losman was the man and he would take this team places....where would that be justa, your imagination?? BTW, Holcomb won't help.

MikeInRoch
09-02-2005, 10:40 PM
How does it feel to know that even though JP is struggling, he would still be the best QB on Miami's roster?

justasportsfan
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
It's bad carma to bet against your own team but I will bet JPL's stats against DB's stats in a fantasy football type format or better yet QB rating week 2 week.. don't get it twisted, I'm not hoping JP fails or causes the team to struggle but I'm just being a realist in my observations that he's just not quite ready to run the show.

The staff is rushing this kid and putting the weight of the team on his shoulders, he's not far from where he should be but I just feel like he's regressing instead of progressing.
fine Jp's fantasy nos. vs. Drews by mid-season(NOt week 2). 500 zb's. doesn't matter if either qb's get benched. Rushing nos. included.

justasportsfan
09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Watch out, he's already trying to make the bet lighter for himself!!!
This spring he said Losman was the man and he would take this team places....where would that be justa, your imagination?? BTW, Holcomb won't help.Don't be stupid. The point is, the team is better without Drew. I don't think you should be talking since you chickened out from the bet anyways. Cowards have no opinion. :crazy:

Mr. Cynical
09-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

juice
09-18-2005, 04:14 PM
fine Jp's fantasy nos. vs. Drews by mid-season(NOt week 2). 500 zb's. doesn't matter if either qb's get benched. Rushing nos. included.Bet Justa.. Rushing #s included.

buffalofan19
09-18-2005, 04:29 PM

There's no way to candy coat it, Losman was awful, BUT, there was alot more to it. I was one of the people that did not like the move in releasing Drew Bledsoe, but he would not have done any better. It's not because of mobility, it's just that the entire offense was asleep. Receivers were not getting open except maybe Josh Reed (am I dreaming?), and there was no runnning game. The pass protection left alot to be desired as well. Losman's mobility got him back to the line of scrimmage most of the time but that was it. Tampa's defense dominated every aspect of that game possible and I don't think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could have done much to change is let alone Losman, Holcomb, or Bledsoe. JP Losman will and should still be the starter next week, and no matter what he does, if the Bills can't get their receivers open, or get the running game going, it is not going to matter how good or bad Losman looks. They will lose again.

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

The_Philster
09-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Receivers were not getting open except maybe Josh Reed (am I dreaming?), I think that has a lot to do with his propensity to drop the ball...he never really had a problem getting open but his poor catching ability is on tape and as such, he won't get a lot of coverage thrown his way