PDA

View Full Version : Aren't the Bills Just About Where We Expected Them To Be?

Jan Reimers
08-28-2005, 07:32 AM
The defense and special teams appear to be in midseason form, while the offense is a work in progress. JP shows flashes of brilliance and moments of indecision. The O line is a little ragged, especially in run blocking.

Did anyone expect anything totally different at this point in the preseason? I've seen enough good stuff - even from the offense - to be cautiously optimistic. I think with one more preseason game and a couple of weeks of practices before the opener, that we'll come out on September 11 ready to go.

Why are so many so negative, when we've generally played well and have shown so much promise?

jamze132
08-28-2005, 08:07 AM
A lot of people expect more from the Bills. However, I do not know what more we should expect from them at this point. We are in the pre-season and have looked pretty good so far. I am optimistic that JP will be more productive than Drew last year. We all know what our defense and special teams did last year and there is not one reason to believe thay won't be every bit as good. Didin't the Bills go 9-3 after the 0-4 start? And that was with Drew. JP hasn't show me anything to lead me to believe that he will flounder this year. Of course our O-line still stinks but with time, they should gel. Good things are in our future.

MTBillsFan
08-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Great point! There is still a couple of weeks before the season. I think our D and special teams will win the first 3 games while our O catches up. Then, look out, we'll be a complete team and really tear it up!

GO BILLS

MarvLevy
08-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Great point! There is still a couple of weeks before the season. I think our D and special teams will win the first 3 games while our O catches up. Then, look out, we'll be a complete team and really tear it up!

GO BILLS
i sure hope jp pulls a big ben.

Schobel94
08-28-2005, 10:54 AM
i sure hope jp pulls a big ben.

What, and throw 8 interceptions in two pitiful playoff performances? JP is gonna be BETTER than Big Ben.

Historian
08-28-2005, 11:25 AM
People are impatient because we haven't even sniffed the playoffs in five years.

This team is going to be fine.

casdhf
08-28-2005, 02:07 PM
We'll sniff them, how strong the odor is depends on JP :ill: