X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Preston emerges in long snap judgment

The Buffalo Bills have some competition at an unexpected spot on the roster - long snapper.

Rookie center Duke Preston handled the snapping duties for all of the first half and part of the third quarter in Friday's 16-12 loss to the Chicago Bears. He represents a challenge to Jon Dorenbos, who has served as the Bills' long snapper the past two seasons. http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...28/1011255.asp
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

quote for the Lindell Bashers to put on their crow

However, his snap on the Bills' extra-point attempt in the first quarter was off the mark, and Rian Lindell missed the try. "It was wide," Preston said. "I probably threw off the timing. I take it upon myself as a mistake. You can't have that because that costs us points."
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Re: Preston emerges in long snap judgment

He also had a bad snap against Green Bay and one of his punt snaps to Baker was low. His speed is better than Neufeld's (But still not as good as Dorenbos').

I would rather have guy who does it right as a good LS is very underrated.
      Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 08-28-2005, 09:22 AM.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
        • Mar 2004

I know i'm biased, but i really like Dorenbos and with everything he's been through I'd hate to see him cut, even though it would be nice to have a LS that can also do other things. Regardless, I hope Jon still gets a spot on the roster.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Preston having 2 bad snaps in 3 preseason games means Dorenbos' spot is safe

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

JD is an elite long-snapper. There is not a better one in the league. But, who really gives two *****s?
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• AndreReed83
              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
              • Mar 2004

Preston's snaps are costing the Bills field position and points AND he was drafted to possibly be groomed as the starting center. It would be a stupid move to replace JD with Preston.

Seeing how we have a young QB and an O-line that has trouble in the redzone, let's keep the surefire guy in there and not risk missing some points.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

Working...
              X