PDA

View Full Version : Preston emerges in long snap judgment

The_Philster
08-28-2005, 08:47 AM
The Buffalo Bills have some competition at an unexpected spot on the roster - long snapper.

Rookie center Duke Preston handled the snapping duties for all of the first half and part of the third quarter in Friday's 16-12 loss to the Chicago Bears. He represents a challenge to Jon Dorenbos, who has served as the Bills' long snapper the past two seasons. http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050828/1011255.asp

The_Philster
08-28-2005, 08:48 AM
However, his snap on the Bills' extra-point attempt in the first quarter was off the mark, and Rian Lindell missed the try. "It was wide," Preston said. "I probably threw off the timing. I take it upon myself as a mistake. You can't have that because that costs us points."

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2005, 09:10 AM
He also had a bad snap against Green Bay and one of his punt snaps to Baker was low. His speed is better than Neufeld's (But still not as good as Dorenbos').

I would rather have guy who does it right as a good LS is very underrated.

Canadian'eh!
08-28-2005, 09:18 AM
I know i'm biased, but i really like Dorenbos and with everything he's been through I'd hate to see him cut, even though it would be nice to have a LS that can also do other things. Regardless, I hope Jon still gets a spot on the roster.

The_Philster
08-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Preston having 2 bad snaps in 3 preseason games means Dorenbos' spot is safe

casdhf
08-28-2005, 02:11 PM
JD is an elite long-snapper. There is not a better one in the league. But, who really gives two *****s?

AndreReed83
08-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Preston's snaps are costing the Bills field position and points AND he was drafted to possibly be groomed as the starting center. It would be a stupid move to replace JD with Preston.

Seeing how we have a young QB and an O-line that has trouble in the redzone, let's keep the surefire guy in there and not risk missing some points.