PDA

View Full Version : This is why Losman is starting..

Tatonka
08-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Don't tell J.P. Losman it was only a preseason game. The Bills' quarterback didn't want to hear about patience after his difficult, 9-for-18 passing outing against the Bears. He was not happy with himself.

"The coaches sit there and tell me this is because you're young, things like this are going to happen," Losman said. "Well it's not going to happen. I've got to pull the trigger. This team is too good for them to be waiting for the quarterback to pull the trigger. So we've got a couple more weeks here until we get to the real thing, and I've got to figure it out by then."

On the third-quarter field-goal drive, Losman did a nice job of scrambling out of the pocket but then overthrew an open George Wilson in the end zone.

"I make that throw every day in practice for touchdowns," he said. "For some reason it sailed on me. When I threw it, I was trying to not miss. And you can't do that as a quarterback."

Losman described another frustrating play: "Lee (Evans) was wide open and Eric (Moulds) was wide open . . . and I said, "Lee's open; Eric's open; who do I throw it to?' Just throw the ball. It's open."

Losman's fumble of a snap from center for a 20-yard loss in the second quarter was a play that called to mind the late stages of Jack Kemp's era. The Bills took possession on the Bears' 3 and settled for a 38-yard field goal.

Coach Mike Mularkey seemed more philosophical about Losman's night.

"I think that's going to be the case here early on right now," he said. "Each start there's going to be some things you wish you could (have back, and) go, "Why did you do that?' There were other times he made some pretty good throws."

• • •

i never heard bledsoe show that much emotion or give that much of a crap the entire time he was here.. he sat on the sidelines with that dead to the world look on his face, game after game, when he blew it for this team.

I am confident that JP will correct the small things and over the coarse of a game he will help us more than hurt us..

and he has the total and complete support of everyone on this team..

that is why his the starter.. his abililty.. his attitude.. his drive..

now the JPD demands that all the JP bashing stops now.. or citations will be dispersed.

Tatonka
08-28-2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050828/1011255.asp

Tinboy
08-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Good stuff! Losman seems like a good kid, give him time.

juice
08-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Sounds good and makes for a good read but time is becoming an issue, the practice sessions and preseason is coming to an end - it's now or never to get it done.

ScottLawrence
08-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Losman's starting to make TD look good, but Honestly I don't think JP is ready.

casdhf
08-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Good read :up:

Tatonka
08-28-2005, 01:41 PM
no qb with zero game experience is ready.. no one. period.

you have to play to learn what it is like when the bullets are flying.

if you guys think jp will get better by sitting on the bench.. your insane.

AndreReed83
08-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Sounds good and makes for a good read but time is becoming an issue, the practice sessions and preseason is coming to an end - it's now or never to get it done.

I don't want to seem like I'm harping on you, but "now or never" for what? I don't understand that. QB's don't usually take the league by storm their first season of starting. Let's give him more then one preseason starting to completely hone his skills at the NFL level.

im4bflo
08-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Good read!
If that don't make you feel better, then you're just a stubborn basher with his mind set, enjoy your bitter season. GO BILLS!

Throne Logic
08-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Much more concerned about the OLine opening holes in the run game than with JP's learning process.

sdbillsfan2
08-28-2005, 02:58 PM

Great post, and I agree that patience will be rewarded in the long run!
I'd still rather suffer thru JP's growing pains then watch Bledsoe,RJ or Flutie disgrace a Bills uniform any day !

DynaPaul
08-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Great post, and I agree that patience will be rewarded in the long run!
I'd still rather suffer thru JP's growing pains then watch Bledsoe,RJ or Flutie disgrace a Bills uniform any day !

I second that emotion. Hopefully with JP we'll have a franchise QB who TRULY inherits the honor from Jim Kelly. All the other guys since Jim's departure have been pretenders.

chernobylwraiths
08-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I couldn't care less how animated the QB is. Some of the really good ones never showed emotion. Unitas and Montana weren't kick em in the ass type of guys. All I care about is wins. Bledsoe has some wins but not enough. Plus, his biggest drawback was never really addressed. He needed a very good offensive line to succeed usually. He was never really given that. Now he is gone and we have a new QB that I want to succeed. Good luck to him.

Jan Reimers
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM

Great post.

chernobylwraiths
08-28-2005, 07:02 PM

you're :D

Novacane
08-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Losman's starting to make TD look good, but Honestly I don't think JP is ready.

How is he supposed to get ready?

Iehoshua
08-28-2005, 07:51 PM
http://www.teamtakeo.com/jpd.gif
Do not mess with the badge.

Turf
08-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I predict by week 6, you're going to see JP pick a team apart, something we haven't seen a Buffalo QB do in 10+ years. Then everyone can relax.

MGinestre
08-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Losman was their best offensive player on Friday night. The oline had holes all over it, McGahee looked slow (getting caught from behind, and not being able to turn the corner as in previous games), and the WRs, including Evans, did nothing to impress me.

If McGahee doesn't fumble in the red zone, JP would be getting much more credit for leading Buffalo's offense...and to scoring more points. Quite frankly, I think JP is playing as well or better than anyone on offense to this point.